We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norbi's story

+12
Purtle
rabid squirrel
Corruption
RyderLR
Slyther Demon
Bjerre
PerryBoy
Enil
Binglinerider
Hedgehogs4Me
Wolf_Spirit
Nirobi
16 posters

Go down

Norbi's story Empty Norbi's story

Post by Nirobi Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:33 am

Hey there, everyone. I just noticed that there had been some speculation in the Elite Lounge as to where I've been for the past month and a half, so I figured I'd set the record straight.

Six and a half weeks ago (Thursday, June 11th) I was in a car accident. A pretty bad one. It was 11:00 at night and my friends and I were driving back home from McDonalds when a police officer on his way to a call ran a red light and hit our minivan in the side. There's a building almost right on the street in the direction that the police cruiser came from in the intersection, so we didn't see the cruiser until we were already out into the intersection, and I have to assume he didn't see us as there were no skid marks leading up to the area where the two vehicles crashed. To help you get a clearer understanding of this accident, I've brought visual aids.
This is what our vehicle looked like afterward:
https://2img.net/h/i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/nirobi/Car.jpg

And this is a picture of the intersection that I got from Google Earth:
https://2img.net/h/i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/nirobi/Untitled1.jpg
The red arrow indicates the direction that our minivan was traveling, the blue arrow indicates the direction the police officer was traveling, the black 'x' indicates where the two vehicles collided, and the green box indicates the area where our minivan ended up coming to a stop after getting hit (and by that time our vehicle was facing the direction the cop had come from, so we got turned as well as pushed pretty far). You don't need to be a physics major to see that we went father sideways than forwards. If you do know your physics, you'll understand exactly what that means about the speed at which the police officer was driving, since our minivan plus it's passengers had a higher combined mass than the police cruiser and it's passenger.

Anyway, there were six of us in the minivan. Three of us went straight to the Intesive Care Unit as soon as we got to the hospital. I was one of those three. They told me afterward that I had a fractured skull, two split vertebrae, four broken ribs, my spleen was lacerated to the point where they almost had to remove it, and about a quarter of my scalp had been almost ripped off (they stapled it back down, which F***ING HURT).

Thankfully, we're all ok now. Well... I suppose I shouldn't say "ok", necessarily, since a couple of us are still healing, but we'll all live through this without any lasting conditions or problems, which I consider to be a blessing.

As for my physical condition right now... Well, I'm one of the guys who is still healing. My ribs appear to be fully mended (for the past couple days I've actually been able to lay on my side without any pain whatsoever, so I want to say that they're probably healed at this point), but my skull and spine are taking their sweet time fixing themselves, and every once in a while I can feel my spleen throbbing (it's actually kind of funny, though, even though it's a painful sensation, cuz now I know exactly where my spleen is without having to think about it or look it up or anything like that. How many of you people know exactly where your spleen is?8D).

So yeah. For the past six weeks, I've been putting up with constant pain and discomfort, a very restricted range of motion for most of my body, frustration, an inability to get a decent night's sleep, and epic boredom, to name a few things. I haven't had much interest in things like the internet or Line Rider since the accident mostly because for a very long while I could only spend so much time being upright without something to support my head, otherwise I'd spend the following 4 or so hours in excruciating pain. I've literally had to spend the majority of the past month and a half either lying down or sitting up while leaning back against a large pile of pillows.

TL;DR version

Norbi got pwned in a car accident and has thus been MIA on the interwebs ever since. Due to the fact that Norbi still isn't fully healed, Norbi will very likely not be spending much time on the interwebs for another few weeks/months longer. :|
Nirobi
Nirobi

Back to top Go down

Norbi's story Empty Re: Norbi's story

Post by Wolf_Spirit Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:48 am

Holy sh-!!! That must have been awful, but it's good to know you're ok and stuff. Also, I had to google 'spleen' to see where it exactly was 8D. Also, it's good to know that you're getting better and all that, so good luck with getting fully recovered and if you could keep us updated on how you're doing
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:45 am

Wow, that's pretty intense stuff.
I'm glad you're okay, Norbi!

EDIT: I hope the police officer is okay too, any news on that? I know that's kinda secondary in this thread, but you know, I am a concerned individual.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirobi Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:10 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Wow, that's pretty intense stuff.

EDIT: I hope the police officer is okay too, any news on that? I know that's kinda secondary in this thread, but you know, I am a concerned individual.

I answered this in the SB, but in case anyone else is wondering I'll answer it here, too. The police officer was perfectly fine. He got checked into a minor hospital nearby and was released the same night after they figured out that he sustained no physical damage in the crash.
Nirobi
Nirobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Binglinerider Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:20 am

Wow, purtle told me what happened, but i didn't think it was this terrible. Glad to here you and your friends are okay Smile Take your time and come back when your ready.

i dun know where mah spleen is D:
Binglinerider
Binglinerider

ayy

Back to top Go down

Post by Enil Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:21 am

Oww...o.O

Where is my spleen?

Glad your okay.
Enil
Enil

Back to top Go down

Post by PerryBoy Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:45 am

Whoa, that car is mangled, you shure Chuck Norris didn't do that? o.O
Anyway, glad you're okay mate, get well soon ;D
PerryBoy
PerryBoy

http://www.dailybooth.com/Itz_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Bjerre Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:56 am

Norbi got pwnd in a car accident lol..

I'm glad that you're all alive.
This shows how dangerous the outside world is, stay inside everyone :|
Bjerre
Bjerre

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:58 am

O wow, that's the happy bunny story I was hoping for when I opened this thread.

That sucks, it must of hurt alot, unless you were knocked out through most of the accident.. which would still hurt when you woke up. Also, what are they classifying it as? Freak accident of Police Officers fault xD

Anyways, hopefully you get better sooner, so we (Irtl) can talk to you more.

Yes, that's why I never leave my interwebz, I could get hurt if I moved to reality :|
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Ohmygawd, we almost lost NORBI D: ;_;
Very glad you are okay, hope you heal fully and recover from that accident, how is everyone doing as a whole who were in the accident?
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Corruption Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:45 pm

Fortunately you are okay. Smile
Corruption
Corruption

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Wow, that's pretty intense stuff.
I almost posted this exact thing :P

That is pretty awful.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:30 pm

I've been worrying about you silly D: You hadn't beenon aim in a longish time.

But i shouldn't get all greedy ;_;. At least you're okay, although i knew that a long time ago. good to hear things are still going well...-ish. wuv u♥️
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Nubcake Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:49 pm

omg, i was in a car accident in third grade and i broke one of my ribs, and if you havn't felt it, IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nubcake
Nubcake

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:52 pm

^ he has :|
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by baconat0r Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:34 pm

well you and everyone else ok (alive) and thats the good part

baconat0r

Back to top Go down

Post by BowDown2Gir Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:50 am

holy carp norbi!
ok, i dont even know wat a spleen is, and i kinda figured the angle of the car, but i expected it to turn the other way due to some physics taught and the cariolis affect to actually turn it the other way.

oops, got nerdy calculated again. Hehe

hups jhoo getza bettar Hehe
BowDown2Gir
BowDown2Gir

https://www.youtube.com/user/jessedagamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:17 pm

Woah, thank God you're okay man!
Good luck recovering from everything.

Also, I lol'd @ Bjerre.
Rafael