We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donate to WRTL?

+13
Leomur
Votale
Mikeee7787
Se7eN
Inukaza
Sheldon
CamQuartr
Kohuda
Derpinator
Purtle
TheRevTastic
efrazable
rabid squirrel
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Donate to WRTL? Empty Donate to WRTL?

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:43 am

Hi everyone, I have a request that I want to make to any/all members.

Donate to We Ride the Lines?
I will use the money for the following:
  1. Livestream storage. Currently it would cost us about $20 a month (if we keep up the usage as it is) to keep livestream from regularly pruning all of our archives. After looking around a bit it looks like Vimeo Plus would be a great way to do this - $60 for a year, or $10 per month, and 5 GB of uploads per week (which is just about how much we use) never mind, I'm just going to archive only the most recent week from now on
  2. Paying for hosting and domain of a possible new We Ride the Lines homepage (which would replace the forumotion portal). Hosting would cost $5 per month, domain currently costs $5 a year. Because I would be paying for the hosting, there's a larger probability that we could get a site up that I would feel comfortable moving to. I have no idea how to go about making a site and such though... FlagCapper says he would be willing to host a WRTL homepage
  3. Removing ads from the current forumotion site. $13 removes ads from this site for a month. Sounds like people don't care much about this

If you want to specify which cause you want your money to go to, please do so in the "special instructions to the sender" box.

Click Here to Donate to WRTL

Enter an amount and you will be taken to a page where you can pay with a credit/debit card or a paypal account.

Ofc, no hard feelings if you don't want to :P

EDIT: it seems my reasons for donating are basically nonexistant, so only donate if you really feel you want to. I can't really guarantee we can use it for anything worthwhile anytime soon.

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Donate to WRTL? Empty Re: Donate to WRTL?

Post by efrazable Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:27 am

I would if there was an IRtL app for that for 1.99 or less... Oh noes, more work! Donate to WRTL? 390472 Just an idea...
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:38 am

Ummmm, you might want to remove the word donations and donate, as Paypal will hold all funs until you apply to become a party/group to have donations to come through and show that you are a non-profit group.

Tis happened to me before :'(.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:50 pm

I would say that you shouldn't bother removing ads. You won't get enough donations to keep up with that so it's not worth it.

I'm not sure how much people care about the livestream archive stuff, so I can't really say much about it. Obviously it is the most expensive thing on the list there so if people don't care about it then it would be quite a nice thing to not have to pay for.

Which would leave us with money for hosting and domain for a new site.

Is there a way to record stuff on the archives of the livestream? If so then you could just do that and upload it to the IRTL youtube, or make a IRTLlivestream youtube account.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:21 pm

I would donate a little, but i dont think i can convince my dad Sad
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:42 pm

I'll donate 10$ when I get around to do it.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Rapto wrote:I would donate a little, but i dont think i can convince my dad Sad

Pretty much this Sad

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Offer a Irtl donater pip and I'd surely donate Smile
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:20 pm

efrazable wrote:I would if there was an IRtL app for that for 1.99 or less... Oh noes, more work! Donate to WRTL? 390472 Just an idea...

Last time I checked, the website is already phone optimized.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Se7eN Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:
efrazable wrote:I would if there was an IRtL app for that for 1.99 or less... Oh noes, more work! Donate to WRTL? 390472 Just an idea...

Last time I checked, the website is already phone optimized.

He saying make it an app as a way to donate. :P

Se7eN

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikeee7787 Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:43 pm

i'll be donating $10 once i get my paypal set up d00d
Mikeee7787
Mikeee7787

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Purtle wrote:Is there a way to record stuff on the archives of the livestream? If so then you could just do that and upload it to the IRTL youtube, or make a IRTLlivestream youtube account.
we could..... but we get about 10 hours of streams per day. I would be uploading 24/7

EDIT: on second thought, I'm gonna try this...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikeee7787 Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:57 pm

For some reason, this is the only thread im allowed to post in

Rabid, can you fix something? whenever i try to post (or PM) it says "You haven't got the rights to view this page"
Mikeee7787
Mikeee7787

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Should we get into the new Portal and removing ads from this site if (I have no idea when we are though) we might be moving to a new site soon? I'll ask my dad about donating though 8D

What is our highest priority to pay for?
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Leomur Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Great idea Rabid! Here are some comments that I have.

1. LiveStream storage: Why not get individual streamers to either upload their streams to a special YT account or (if you don't trust Joe Rider with the account) send their recordings to you/other staff/elites to upload? I'm not exactly sure how it works as I haven't yet streamed, but I'm pretty sure streamers can save a copy on their machine.
  2. Contributing to the new site: As Purtle pointed out, this seems like the most important use for funds.
  3. Ads on the current site: To me removing these seems unnecessary. We've lived with the ads for two years and they have never been a big deal. Also, if we spend money on #2 then this no longer matters.

I also have a suggestion about the payment method. PayPal is great for folks who have access to a credit card (their own or a trusting parent's). However, some parents (such as my own) would be hesitant to use their card to send money to some guy calling himself Rabid Squirrel on the internet. As an alternative to PayPal, would it be possible to send you cash in the mail? I would happy to send you a few bucks in an envelope, snail mail. I do realize that you probably don't want to post your actual address publicly online, but if there's any workaround you can think of, I (and probably some other members) would gladly use that option. Do you have a P.O. box we could use, or a college mailbox to avoid giving your residential address?

I hope people take this seriously, just a bit from everyone and we'll have a new site in no time!
Leomur
Leomur
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikeee7787 Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:20 pm

CAN SOMEONE PM RABID TO HAVE HIM FIX MY PRIVILEGES?
Mikeee7787
Mikeee7787

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:28 pm

^Do it yourself.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikeee7787 Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:39 pm

I can't, I don't have permissions to post in any thread except for this one. I don't know why.
Mikeee7787
Mikeee7787

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:21 am

I have no clue...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:27 am

Leomur wrote:Great idea Rabid! Here are some comments that I have.

1. LiveStream storage: Why not get individual streamers to either upload their streams to a special YT account or (if you don't trust Joe Rider with the account) send their recordings to you/other staff/elites to upload? I'm not exactly sure how it works as I haven't yet streamed, but I'm pretty sure streamers can save a copy on their machine.
  2. Contributing to the new site: As Purtle pointed out, this seems like the most important use for funds.
  3. Ads on the current site: To me removing these seems unnecessary. We've lived with the ads for two years and they have never been a big deal. Also, if we spend money on #2 then this no longer matters.

I also have a suggestion about the payment method. PayPal is great for folks who have access to a credit card (their own or a trusting parent's). However, some parents (such as my own) would be hesitant to use their card to send money to some guy calling himself Rabid Squirrel on the internet. As an alternative to PayPal, would it be possible to send you cash in the mail? I would happy to send you a few bucks in an envelope, snail mail. I do realize that you probably don't want to post your actual address publicly online, but if there's any workaround you can think of, I (and probably some other members) would gladly use that option. Do you have a P.O. box we could use, or a college mailbox to avoid giving your residential address?

I hope people take this seriously, just a bit from everyone and we'll have a new site in no time!

everything this man just said, is perfect.

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikeee7787 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:29 am

kjhdshfjkdshjfhdsjfs i wanna post somewhere else! xD
Mikeee7787
Mikeee7787

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:54 am

I'll donate as soon as i get paid.
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:06 am

https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t4845p100-wrtl-livestream-official-thread#94910
there's the state of the livestream youtube attempt so far (everyone go subscribe to the youtube account so we can get unlimited uploads!)

and I know that this system is really awkward (you send money to me, I keep track of it and then use it) But I really don't want to deal with snail mail, especially once I get busy with college and stuff. Sowwy .-.

I'm hesitant to say that if you donate money for the new site I will use it, just because I don't know much about creating a website. Sad

And as you guys have said, there's probably a workaround for the livestream limit and we can live with the ads on the site (or get adblock) sooooooooooo

I guess at this point this is a just a "donate and I'll try to use the money as best I can" thing. I promise that I will use this money for weridethelines-related stuff eventually, once I find some way to do so. I'll also try to consult you guys before I go and spend the money on stuff that nobody really cares about.

So yeah. Donate if you want to, but certainly no hard feelings if you don't want to. xD If you can think of another cool way for us to spend money... that would be great.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:13 am

Moar research!

YouTube doesn't like all the copyright infringements of the music, or uploading a gazillion enormous movies at once :P

but it looks like vimeo plus might be just what we want. 5 GB per week of uploads (which is about how much we use) for $10 a month or $60 a year.

So yeah, if you want to donate ten dollars I can use it to start a vimeo plus account to store our livestream archives Smile
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:13 pm

I'd say don't even bother archiving. xO Frankly, I don't really care about them. Too much hassle, it seems. Maybe just keep the most recent 10-20 videos? Or do it by time? And regularly prune.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next