We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cereal - Beautiful Things

+13
Wizzy
SETH
TigerXLine
KillinTime2792
jlflame2000
pure5152
Commandercoke
rabid squirrel
darklight
Stallie
Rafael
Sheldon
Cereal
17 posters

Go down

Cereal - Beautiful Things Empty Cereal - Beautiful Things

Post by Cereal Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:50 pm

LINK

Here is my secret project, and sorry I over-hyped it.

'Twas lag city, so I couldn't add all the details I wanted to. There are 15,537 lines, and 2 splits. I have 0-creativity, so 95% of the stuff you see is from other scenery tracks.

(Btw, this is my first scenery track since "Sticky Situation" which I made 2.5 years ago. That was my so-called "last scenery" track.)

Last edited by Cereal on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Cereal - Beautiful Things Empty Re: Cereal - Beautiful Things

Post by Sheldon Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:55 pm

Gorgeous scenery and an even better manual track. I didn't expect scenery. :O
Also only 4 hours on track :O
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:05 pm

That was really awesome Cereal. Loved it all. I saw some stuff from Devray's Backflash Hehe
Anyway, GREAT job on finishing a scenery track that big! :O
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:52 pm

That was very good, i liked the smoothness of the track and the scenery. Cereal - Beautiful Things 232659
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by darklight Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:21 pm

I loved it, I recognized pretty much everything in there, but it was still really inspiring and gave me all kinds of ideas on how I should scene. you should make more scenery.
darklight
darklight

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:19 pm

That was amazing! This is possibly the best example I've seen in a long time of the scenery complimenting the track well. I could really see the track in the scenery without having to watch the naked track. Fantastic job on well-fitting scenery

Ambitious? Not really
Epic factor/Impressive? Not really
Complete/Cohesive? Yes
Vision? Somewhat
An Experience? Somewhat

Quality of art? Decent
Creativity in scening things? GREAT!
Speed manipulations? a little
Detail? somewhat
Consistency? yes
Unified Theme? somewhat
Originality? somewhat
Speed? GREAT!

Monument placement? a humorous one at the end
Monument usage? none, but all the present scenery was used beautifully
3-D (extrusion, adding shine, shading, contour lines, adding depth)? a little, not much
Made sense? YES. Wonderfully so for a manuquirk
"Hiding" the track? (this is bad) nothing even close Very Happy
Good Ending? yes lol

Also, yes, scenery lags. at least it wasn't running at 5fps like I've had to deal with before Wink I hope to see more scenery from you though!

EDIT: yeah, 30 hours seems about right for that amount of scenery, especially if you hadn't scened in over two years. That's about how fast I go.

And I'm honored to be in your inspirations! Very Happy I think I see myself in a couple spots in there :P Definitely recognized DaPoe, TD, x612nt13, and LRG

EDIT2: wait what DaPoe wasn't on the inspirations? Eep His scenery was all over that track! like at 0:30 and the thing at 1:13 I thought were highly similar to parts from his Tech Series

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:36 pm

I really liked it. Very Happy It was really enjoyable to watch the different scenery styles. I especially liked the wizzy inspirations. You really nailed it. I also liked the Sorvius rails, which is odd because I usually don't like them. So yay? The track was great and the speed was perfect, I think.
So, sweet project. Favorited. And you're my favorite track-maker right now...have been for a while. Smile
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:31 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:That was amazing! This is possibly the best example I've seen in a long time of the scenery complimenting the track well. I could really see the track in the scenery without having to watch the naked track. Fantastic job on well-fitting scenery

Ambitious? heck yes
Epic factor/Impressive? definitely!
Complete/Cohesive? Yes
Vision? Somewhat
An Experience? of course!

Quality of art? exceptional!
Detail? somewhat (use of white space? incredible!)
Consistency? yes
Unified Theme? somewhat
Originality? somewhat
Speed? GREAT!

3-D (extrusion, adding shine, shading, contour lines, adding depth)? a little, not much (not necessary imo.. 2d scenery ftw!)
Good Ending? yes lol

Also, yes, scenery lags. at least it wasn't running at 5fps like I've had to deal with before Wink I hope to see more scenery from you though!

EDIT: yeah, 30 hours seems about right for that amount of scenery, especially if you hadn't scened in over two years. That's about how fast I go.

And I'm honored to be in your inspirations! Very Happy I think I see myself in a couple spots in there :P Definitely recognized DaPoe, TD, x612nt13, and LRG

EDIT2: wait what DaPoe wasn't on the inspirations? Eep His scenery was all over that track! like at 0:30 and the thing at 1:13 I thought were highly similar to parts from his Tech Series
fixed for you, rabid (with my opinions of course xD)

that was lovely, cereal! This has given me so much inspiration like you wouldn't believe.. cheers on being my new favorite rider! <3
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by jlflame2000 Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:17 pm

O my gosh that was AWESOME.Thanks for the inspiration.The scenery was unique.Amazing track!
jlflame2000
jlflame2000

https://www.youtube.com/user/JLflame2000?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:43 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:Creativity in scening things? GREAT!
Lolwut? Cereal himself admitted there was no creativity. it's just a mish-mash of other tracks.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:29 am

KillinTime2792 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:Creativity in scening things? GREAT!
Lolwut? Cereal himself admitted there was no creativity. it's just a mish-mash of other tracks.
Look at the naked track. now look at the scened product. How did he get from there to there? see the creativity? that's what I'm talking about. You're talking about originality.

Plus, ask any scener if their work is original and they'll say something like "yes and no" because everyone "steals" ideas from everyone else. (copying is the the highest form of compliment, after all)

For example, I'm heavily inspired by TechDawg, x612nt13, DaPoe, Sorvius, and Snooze. You could argue that my tracks are "just" a mishmash of their styles.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by darklight Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:41 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
Plus, ask any scener if their work is original and they'll say something like "yes and no" because everyone "steals" ideas from everyone else. (copying is the the highest form of compliment, after all)

For example, I'm heavily inspired by TechDawg, x612nt13, DaPoe, Sorvius, and Snooze. You could argue that my tracks are "just" a mishmash of their styles.

this. I don't see everyone making naked tracks with every single fling being a new type of fling, that's just ridiculous. It's all about taking someone else's ideas and making them your own, and adding your own little flares to everything.
darklight
darklight

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:09 am

Amazing video, Cereal! Also Perfect music choice!

The thing I really like about your style is how you manage to make manuals so damn enjoyable. The scenery fitted perfect to that style as well so amazing job! keep doing what you are doing Wink
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:51 pm

nice simple scenery ! very great track
SETH
SETH

https://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Excellent!
I didn't know you could scene like that, Cereal Thumbs Up

The end monument and the blank spot were probably my favorite parts xD

I would normally say this is nothing special, but given your situation it was not only an exception but I wouldn't have it any other way. There are no monuments, there is nothing amazing, but it still gives the entertainment. Because of this, I don't believe there NEEDS to be anything amazing in it. Great work, Captain Crunch.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Awesome example to show how well simple scenery works! Good job, sir! 8D
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:27 am

Cereal wrote:Here is my secret project, and sorry I over-hyped it.

Did I miss something, or is that internet-sarcasm? xD

Anyway, this is freakin epic. The beginning was waaaay to fast for my liking, I like when I can really follow the track and the scenery.
It felt slower later on, which was awesome.

As a final note: Dude, you've managed to make an amazing(!) track with great scenery. Hella rare thing.
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:43 am

Sheldon wrote:Gorgeous scenery and an even better manual track. I didn't expect scenery. :O
Also only 4 hours on track :O
Yeah, the track is noticeably below my standards, so I decided that I would scene it.
Rafael wrote:That was really awesome Cereal. Loved it all. I saw some stuff from Devray's Backflash Hehe
Anyway, GREAT job on finishing a scenery track that big! :O
Thanks, and I think I know what stuff you're talking about.
stallie wrote:That was very good, i liked the smoothness of the track and the scenery. Cereal - Beautiful Things 232659
Thanks
darklight wrote:I loved it, I recognized pretty much everything in there, but it was still really inspiring and gave me all kinds of ideas on how I should scene. you should make more scenery.
That means a lot coming from you tbh, but I don't think that I will have the patience to do more scenery until I get a really good desktop.
rabid squirrel wrote:That was amazing! This is possibly the best example I've seen in a long time of the scenery complimenting the track well. I could really see the track in the scenery without having to watch the naked track. Fantastic job on well-fitting scenery

Ambitious? Not really
Epic factor/Impressive? Not really
Complete/Cohesive? Yes
Vision? Somewhat
An Experience? Somewhat

Quality of art? Decent
Detail? somewhat
Consistency? yes
Unified Theme? somewhat
Originality? somewhat
Speed? GREAT!

3-D (extrusion, adding shine, shading, contour lines, adding depth)? a little, not much
Good Ending? yes lol

I love your big reviews! And no, I guess DaPoe still wasn't an inspiration. I don't even remember him using those things o_O
Commandercoke wrote:I really liked it. Very Happy It was really enjoyable to watch the different scenery styles. I especially liked the wizzy inspirations. You really nailed it. I also liked the Sorvius rails, which is odd because I usually don't like them. So yay? The track was great and the speed was perfect, I think.
So, sweet project. Favorited. And you're my favorite track-maker right now...have been for a while. Smile
Omg, thanks CC. And they aren't really Sorvius rails, because Chih actually invented them. :P
pure5152 wrote:that was lovely, cereal! This has given me so much inspiration like you wouldn't believe.. cheers on being my new favorite rider! <3
Favorite? Means a lot! Eep
jlflame2000 wrote:O my gosh that was AWESOME.Thanks for the inspiration.The scenery was unique.Amazing track!
The scenery wasn't really "unique", but thanks
TigerXLine wrote:Amazing video, Cereal! Also Perfect music choice!

The thing I really like about your style is how you manage to make manuals so damn enjoyable. The scenery fitted perfect to that style as well so amazing job! keep doing what you are doing Wink
Wow, haven't seen you in a while. Thanks!
SETH wrote:nice simple scenery ! very great track
yothanksmayne
Wizzy wrote:Excellent!
I didn't know you could scene like that, Cereal Thumbs Up

The end monument and the blank spot were probably my favorite parts xD

I would normally say this is nothing special, but given your situation it was not only an exception but I wouldn't have it any other way. There are no monuments, there is nothing amazing, but it still gives the entertainment. Because of this, I don't believe there NEEDS to be anything amazing in it. Great work, Captain Crunch.
Thanks Wizzmaster. I actually was going to originally add a really detailed monument, but I decided to just book it due to laziness.
Sssschiller wrote:Awesome example to show how well simple scenery works! Good job, sir! 8D
Thanks ssss! I apologize for not putting you in the inspirations, but the reason behind that is that I couldn't manage to emulate your unique cartoonish style.
Georgio_jc wrote:
Cereal wrote:Here is my secret project, and sorry I over-hyped it.

Did I miss something, or is that internet-sarcasm? xD

Anyway, this is freakin epic. The beginning was waaaay to fast for my liking, I like when I can really follow the track and the scenery.
It felt slower later on, which was awesome.

As a final note: Dude, you've managed to make an amazing(!) track with great scenery. Hella rare thing.
Well, I said that because I didn't think the scenery was THAT great at first. And thanks! If we still did Member awards, I would nominate you for friendliest for always having positive comments on not only LR vids, but my sheepskin47 vids. :O
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Wow, you really can do some great scenery ^^
I liked pretty much every part, especially the part with vines and mountains Very Happy You did a really fantastic job of making the scenery fit the track well and just making it look great!
Awesome stuff Cereal ^^
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by camishot Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:39 pm

that was epic and how are u guys so good at anti gravity

camishot

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:01 am

Cereal wrote:And they aren't really Sorvius rails, because Chih actually invented them. :P
oh wow you're right, I always credited x612nt13 with them but they're in Line Raider!
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down