We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss

+7
Sheldon
rabid squirrel
Wolf_Spirit
Helios Pavonine
Cereal
Rafael
Z_N-Freak
11 posters

Go down

Discuss Empty Discuss

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:49 am

This topic might die a very fatal and early death (and I actually hope it does), but for now I think it is needed.

I find all the hate and negative feelings flying around lately troubling and although I am a firm believer of talking things out, it shouldn't clutter the forum like it is doing at the moment. Thus I create this topic. Hoping everything can be peaceful everywhere else so that the general atmosphere on the forum can be more positive.

In regards to posts from other topics;

Rafael wrote:
Z_N-Freak wrote:I'm really getting sick of Rafael, Votale and some other guys that just can't stop argueing about them shoes and other stuff like underrated players and whatnot. I'm not saying you have to stop, I'm just saying I start to dislike you guys. I don't know if you care, but I'm just putting that out here.
I'm voicing my opinion. I've never said "you should revoke the shoe" or anything like that. Shouldn't have posted my thoughts here, but if you don't like me voicing my opinion, then you shouldn't go in a track thread, because everyone voices their opinions there. Also, you can't argue on your own, I'm just saying.

You say you shouldn't have, yet you say I am to blame for looking in a track thread? Contradictory much. Yes, you can post your opinion, but I feel people sometimes forget what they are posting, where they are posting it and what effect it will have on the community. At the moment Votale and you succesfully took the job of "truthful jerks" upon yourself. What do you expect to gain with your attitude? Respect? Rabid revoking the shoe? People saying: "Oh, you are totally right!"?
I will assure you right now that nothing as such is going to happen if you continue acting so blunt.
I don't mean any harm by this, but I really think an attitude change can be helpful in achieving your goal. People don't respond well to negative things, but I believe I already said that before.

This is to no one in peticular and I think it applies to anything really, not just this forum; Try and visualise your goal and the way towards it.

If there was no goal to begin with though, then you can of course still argue for the sake of trying to convince eachother, but please don't do that in trackthreads (here would be fine). I don't like the looks of it and I'm pretty sure it annoys not only me.

Last edited by Z_N-Freak on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Discuss Empty Re: Discuss

Post by Rafael Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 am

Rafael wrote:You're right. I shouldn't have voiced my opinion on the fact this got a Shoe in this thread. Should've either posted it in the exceptional video thread or talked with you about it on MSN.
I posted this as a response to rabid.

Last edited by Rafael on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:57 am

Intriguing tale, chap.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:02 pm

Rafael wrote:
Rafael wrote:You're right. I shouldn't have voiced my opinion on the fact this got a Shoe in this thread. Should've either posted it in the exceptional video thread or talked with you about it on MSN.
I posted this as a response to rabid.

Yes, I read that part, but I didn't quote that, so I don't see how this is relevant to my post.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:04 pm

I believe we're not really getting along with eachother like we did back in the old days Sad
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:06 pm

Compared to my other posts in that thread, I find that a drastic change of attitude. What do you expect me to do other than that? I admitted my mistakes, and for me it is (was) over. What I meant to say with my response to you was that I shouldn't have begun over Shoes in general, but that if you're really that upset about people posting their opinion, even though it is different from most others', then I don't understand why you'd go to a track thread, because that's basicly a thread full of opinions.

Last edited by Rafael on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:07 pm

Helios Pavonine wrote:I believe we're not really getting along with eachother like we did back in the old days Sad

That's exactly how I feel too. I made the thread so we can talk things out. Try to find out what the real problem is, so everything can be cool again. See me as WRtL's shrink or something, haha.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Z_N-Freak wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:I believe we're not really getting along with eachother like we did back in the old days Sad

That's exactly how I feel too. I made the thread so we can talk things out. Try to find out what the real problem is, so everything can be cool again. See me as WRtL's shrink or something, haha.
There is no problem (for me). I posted my opinion, went too far, apologized and for me it's done. I'm not mad at anybody, I just disagree with something that happened. I don't get why this is being made so big.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Rafael wrote:There is no problem (for me). I posted my opinion, went too far, apologized and for me it's done. I'm not mad at anybody, I just disagree with something that happened. I don't get why this is being made so big.
Probably because we've been arguing about so many things recently, we never have argued like this before.
Most of the things we argue about aren't even worth arguing about, people do argue anyway.
I agree with you ZNF, I hope this thread does create a more positive atmosphere here ^^
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Rafael wrote:I don't get why this is being made so big.
I don't understand why you, Votale, Wizzy, et al make it so big. It's almost like you're really really really good trolls or something.

Not that I think you shouldn't voice your opinions, but you all do so so vehemently and sarcastically! Like when Votale replies to someone he disagrees with and says "Hahahahahahaha you seriously make me laugh" - is that really just stating your opinion???
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:32 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Rafael wrote:I don't get why this is being made so big.
I don't understand why you, Votale, Wizzy, et al make it so big. It's almost like you're really really really good trolls or something.

Not that I think you shouldn't voice your opinions, but you all do so so vehemently and sarcastically! Like when Votale replies to someone he disagrees with and says "Hahahahahahaha you seriously make me laugh" - is that really just stating your opinion???
Give me one example of where I gave my opinion sarcastically. I can imagine that I've been to fierce though, and therefore I apologize.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:37 pm

Not that I don't like all the attention but I prefer that the arguments do not occur in my track threads >.<
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:37 pm

I feel like this is becoming another off-topic discussion again xD
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Rafael wrote:
Z_N-Freak wrote:

There is no problem (for me). I posted my opinion, went too far, apologized and for me it's done. I'm not mad at anybody, I just disagree with something that happened. I don't get why this is being made so big.

There is a problem, you just think you can't solve it anymore and are now like: w/e, screw that, holy shoes are for losers and maybe you even feel sorry for rabid (for he is too shortsighted to see your (and Votale's) superior opinion as the right one) and/or any combination of such things. And sure you are not mad, but at the very least you are dissapointed.
This is all what it looked like to me anyway. If it is different from what I described, then I suggest in the future you think about your posts more, because I believe I'm not the only one thinking this stuff.

And the reason for this being made so big is because this wasn't the only incident, this might not have been all thát bad, but I feel it was crossing some sort of line. And even though you apologized, I'm pretty sure there are unresolved issues here, so let's talk some stuff out. Even though you might really be fine now, this gives people a chance to say what they think. Just saying sorry is sometimes not enough, the harm is done, your opinion is out there now and can never be taken back, for it is on the web. I just really hope comments like these won't be made anymore:

Pure: "inb4votaletroll"
Rafael: "trolling ≠ voicing opinion.."
Votale: "Lol thanks Pure 8D"

These comments are justnot needed and only create a bad atmosphere imo.

Sheldon wrote:Not that I don't like all the attention but I prefer that the arguments do not occur in my track threads >.<
Exactly =)

Helios Pavonine wrote:I feel like this is becoming another off-topic discussion again xD
That can't be man, we're all discussing stuff still Shocked
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:00 pm

oh guys, why not bring the joy back to the greatest toy ever..instead of discussing useless stuff.
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:14 pm

Z_N-Freak wrote:There is a problem, you just think you can't solve it anymore and are now like: w/e, screw that, holy shoes are for losers and maybe you even feel sorry for rabid (for he is too shortsighted to see your (and Votale's) superior opinion as the right one) and/or any combination of such things. And sure you are not mad, but at the very least you are dissapointed.
The only reason I'm feeling sorry for Rabid is because of the things I said about his Holy Shoe awards in general, and not because he is "shortsighted". I respect his opinion and everyone elses. But yes, I am disappointed, and I can't help it.
Z_N-Freak wrote:This is all what it looked like to me anyway. If it is different from what I described, then I suggest in the future you think about your posts more, because I believe I'm not the only one thinking this stuff.
I try to think about my posts before I post them. In my first post I actually held back, but then pure drew a premature conclusion as a reply to me, which triggered me. What I'm trying to say that to start a discussion you need more than one person. I can't always think before I do, it's in my nature. I'll do whatever I can to fix that though.
Z_N-Freak wrote:And the reason for this being made so big is because this wasn't the only incident, this might not have been all thát bad, but I feel it was crossing some sort of line. And even though you apologized, I'm pretty sure there are unresolved issues here, so let's talk some stuff out. Even though you might really be fine now, this gives people a chance to say what they think. Just saying sorry is sometimes not enough, the harm is done, your opinion is out there now and can never be taken back, for it is on the web. I just really hope comments like these won't be made anymore:

Pure: "inb4votaletroll"
Rafael: "trolling ≠ voicing opinion.."
Votale: "Lol thanks Pure 8D"

These comments are justnot needed and only create a bad atmosphere imo.
In my defense I'd like to say that neither me nor Votale started that. Pure made a sharp comment to Votale that I didn't think he deserved.
Sheldon wrote:Not that I don't like all the attention but I prefer that the arguments do not occur in my track threads >.<
I apologized to you, so there's no reason to bring that up again.

And THANKS @ Georg
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Rafael wrote:
Z_N-Freak wrote:There is a problem, you just think you can't solve it anymore and are now like: w/e, screw that, holy shoes are for losers and maybe you even feel sorry for rabid (for he is too shortsighted to see your (and Votale's) superior opinion as the right one) and/or any combination of such things. And sure you are not mad, but at the very least you are dissapointed.
The only reason I'm feeling sorry for Rabid is because of the things I said about his Holy Shoe awards in general, and not because he is "shortsighted". I respect his opinion and everyone elses. But yes, I am disappointed, and I can't help it.
I'm still confused on why you think a Holy Shoe isn't worth much anymore. Would it help if I said Centrifugal Force is better than any of your tracks?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:28 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Rafael wrote:
I'm still confused on why you think a Holy Shoe isn't worth much anymore. Would it help if I said Centrifugal Force is better than any of your tracks?
Not really, actually..
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Thats 100% opinions :|
I like Sonic Motion better tbh

/joiningdiscussioncuziveneverbeeninone
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:10 pm

A thread that tries to stop everyone from arguing by arguing in the arguing thread

-enjoys the drama-
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:06 pm

After being crucified, the thread was put to rest. Then, on the 19th day, lo , it had risen!

-It's a bump, Linerage-
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:11 am

um, bump, closed.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel