We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Already a second Track since i joined this site

+7
Stallie
Opal Rider
Jam
Hotflash
KillinTime2792
Chui Ninji
boom12n
11 posters

Go down

Did you like my track?

Already a second Track since i joined this site Vote_lcap8%Already a second Track since i joined this site Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Already a second Track since i joined this site Vote_lcap0%Already a second Track since i joined this site Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Already a second Track since i joined this site Vote_lcap58%Already a second Track since i joined this site Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 7 ]
Already a second Track since i joined this site Vote_lcap8%Already a second Track since i joined this site Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Already a second Track since i joined this site Vote_lcap25%Already a second Track since i joined this site Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 12

Already a second Track since i joined this site Empty Already a second Track since i joined this site

Post by boom12n Thu May 12, 2011 10:34 pm

After posting my first track since on joined this site I received a ton of feedback, and decided I would take all the advice i was given to create a second track as soon as I could. This one had red lines in it even though I was given a compliment for my first one being all blue, but i decided it was worth it. If you could leave me feedback, that would be great. You will not hurt my feelings, and since this became an issue last time, please do not get mad at other people for giving me non-positive feedback, being critical of my tracks helps me more than saying "good job." I love to hear compliments, but love to hear complaints just as much! And finally, just as last time, please answer the poll so I can easily see how good the track is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8CU0vu_OIg
boom12n
boom12n

https://www.youtube.com/boom12nm

Back to top Go down

Already a second Track since i joined this site Empty Re: Already a second Track since i joined this site

Post by Chui Ninji Thu May 12, 2011 11:52 pm

It's good that you're already implementing some basic recycling, and you've got some pretty powerful wells in there.

One piece of advice I have for you, is to stay consistent throughout a trick. Try and affect the same part of Bosh throughout the duration of the trick. Now, don't apply this to the whole track generically, because the inconsistency makes the track as a whole interesting, but you need solid tricks to be inconsistent with, if that makes sense.

And something I'd like to address, although we do give compliments for all blue, there's nothing wrong with red lines. It doesn't make your track any less impressive. There's not really a con with using red lines, just a little pride booster for keeping it all blue.

Next piece of advice; try to make the trick you're doing "pretty." That's probably the most generic way I can say it for it to apply to more than one trick. What I mean is, make your curves smoother, and more circular. Try and make your flings pretty. It's kind of hard to describe a "pretty" fling, but look at some tracks with well established flings, and you'll see what I mean.

And finally, on a less track related note, get better recordings, and add some music in the background. As enticing as a track is, it's ridiculously boring without some background music. Of course, if you're suggesting your audience to listen to their own music, be sure to mention it beforehand, although I wouldn't suggest that, because being able to control the music your audience hears (to some extent, since there's a mute button) can control the "mood" you're trying to display through your track.

And as amazing a track is, we can't enjoy it if we can't see it! Get some better recordings of your tracks. There're a few people here that will record for you through their shop, and everyone here will record for you or refer you to someone who can record if you just shoot them a pm. If you don't want someone else to record for you, look up some tutorials for how to record your track. Everyone likes good quality.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Already a second Track since i joined this site Empty Re: Already a second Track since i joined this site

Post by KillinTime2792 Fri May 13, 2011 12:32 am

good track, needs better recording and a bit more consistincy. less flatsled, less of that failass pinch and longer/smoother manuals not just half a second semicircles that require no balance at all.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by boom12n Fri May 13, 2011 1:24 am

Thank you both, it seems like from my first track i have totally different reactions, like i specified my comp is the slow one.. the other comp will give me good quality, i have music to the track, but youtube is stupid, umm, i'm not too experienced with any of the tricks (all of them i just started) and the recycling, being honest was luck Smile lol. Thank you for the criticism though it helps a lot Smile since my next track i was going to try something totally new, and sync it to music, the one after that ill try and make the tracks "pretty" ill make some longer manuals as well. Chui im going to say your advice was more helpful, but Killin has a great point as well, but mostly as of now i think i aughta keep going from what i learned from my last track, and simply find my own style as well, and of course figure out what i like to do most. Ty guys ill try and put all the tips in future tracks though Smile all of this is going towards actually making a tack better than "YOU SUCK" lol Very Happy
boom12n
boom12n

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotflash Fri May 13, 2011 8:12 am

First i'll say: those who voted "YOU SUCK".. i rly doubt they were serious. tips/hints or tricks Smile :... avoid all flatsledding :P.. i liked ur flings tho.. and u were very creative with some of ur tricks.. i liked that ^^.. i rly think u'll become an excellent rider fast.
Hotflash
Hotflash

Back to top Go down

Post by Jam Fri May 13, 2011 1:23 pm

It was, definitely, a great improvement over your first. The g-wells were grouped in chains, and that part was really nice. A few tips, though, are:
- Lose the poll thing, seriously.
- Work on your recording, it is pretty bad as is. There are many tutorials around, pick a method, try it out, play around with it and perfect it.
and last, but definitely not least,
- Work on your flow. 90% of the enjoyableness of a track comes from the feel. Yes, it's very subjective, but keep in the back of your mind that you should avoid drastic slow-downs such as the one you had at 0:17.

Looking forward to your next track!
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by boom12n Fri May 13, 2011 1:36 pm

Thank you both Smile ill look towards the general consensus of less flat sledding, and recording better, the recording is easily fixable since ill use my faster computer, but ill definitely keep in mind the flow of the track as well.
boom12n
boom12n

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri May 13, 2011 7:32 pm

The track was Pretty epicness up until the dreaded 0:20. At that one point you:
A. Lost your speed. You really need to keep that up. If you slow down too much you lose flow, which is what happened here.
B. Put yourself in a hard position. That looked really annoying to follow up, and it really seemed to affect the rest of the track because you were constantly going downwards, which brings me to letter
C. It ruined the direction of the track. Everything after that was relatively downwards. That usually leads to what I'll call the terrace effect. What it is is you get trapped underneath a piece of track, and you're almost forced to go downwards in a left then right pattern, each time layering on more stuff and making it harder to dig yourself out of the ditch.

In other words, try to avoid stuff like that Smile .
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Fri May 13, 2011 7:45 pm

That was ok, you are improving and you can still improve in your manuals and the strength of your flings and wells. your track reminds me of the old days and i like the recycling in there as well, it was pretty good. I garent you will get better and better everytime you play Linerider. Wink
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri May 13, 2011 8:03 pm

Um... enough with these polls on tracks. There is no way to simply say a track is "good" or "bad".

I liked how directional the track was! Usually new members tend to create boring, linear tracks that only go from left to right. Your manuals are a bit stronger than your quirks I'd say.

Oh, and it's ok to occasionally have changes in flow, but try to avoid killing the flow. (Such as with that pinch thingy that you used xD)

Keep it up!
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by boom12n Fri May 13, 2011 8:56 pm

hmm where to start from the three newest suggestions... since everyone seems to hate that pinching thing... i agree it was bad, and actualy it was bad when i put it there but by the time i decided i didn't like it, i already was too far to go back and was like screw it lol... i'll try to keep the flow, and ty Opal for the major self-esteem booster,
The track was Pretty epicness up until the dreaded 0:20. At that one point you:
umm, ill try to add more recycling, because as i said before it was luck, and Cereal ill take out the polls for that, your right. That pinch thingy was ment to be a lot quicker, but idk i musta been high and not known it at the time Smile
boom12n
boom12n

Back to top Go down

Post by automatizer Sun May 15, 2011 9:26 am

awsom man! your getting better and better!
automatizer
automatizer

Back to top Go down

Post by boom12n Sun May 15, 2011 11:20 am

Thank you Smile
boom12n
boom12n

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH Sun May 15, 2011 5:43 pm

great progress! avoid flatsled
SETH
SETH

https://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Sun May 15, 2011 6:20 pm

I feel the greatest thing you need to develop is a style. That track and the past track you made doesn't really have much of a style.

Its basicly just tricks and trying to do the best you can, which is alright, but it can be better. Every person's style is different and unique, so start developing your own Smile

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by boom12n Mon May 16, 2011 8:22 am

Ty both, ill try and work on it Smile
boom12n
boom12n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum