We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Staff, what are you doing?

+16
Commandercoke
TheRevTastic
linerage
ACwazHere
iPi
Brandon971
Wizzy
KillinTime2792
Sssschiller
Z_N-Freak
Traxis
Derpinator
Votale
Kohuda
Georgio_jc
Rafael
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Staff, what are you doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: Staff, what are you doing?

Post by Votale Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:55 am

How about we stop making excuses and just get stuff done.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:57 am

I'm kinda just waiting for AC to do something, because he's a really cool guy eh is staff makse flatsledhtracks and doesn't afraid of anything
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:00 pm

maybe if you put AC in your siggy he'd get motivated and do something.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:17 pm

KillinTime2792 wrote:maybe if you put AC in your siggy he'd get motivated and do something.

Please stop with the negative attitude man, we're already doing something, AC made a thread in teamplace and we are sorting things out. If you don't mind, we're not going to give you an every second update of whatever we are doing, so just take a chill pill please.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Yeah, nobody's saying anything helpful/important anymore so I'm gonna close this.

We have a discussion in Team Place going right now, then we'll get back to you.

Last edited by ACwazHere on Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Thanks staff for what you've done so far in response to this thread. Smile Keep up the good work.

inb4close.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:40 pm

ACwazHere wrote:Yeah, nobody's saying anything helpful/important anymore so I'm gonna close this.

:facepalm:

Seriously man, this made me laugh and cry at the same time.

*closes thread now*

edit:
I got me a message;
chaomocha wrote:you closed the thread right before I was about to post this. any chance you can like edit you post or something to include what I wrote, because not only do I not want this to go to waste, but also I think what I wrote about can and will improve WRTL

another inb4 close

although i just got back and can't exactly comment on the whole situation, when I left things seemed to be going smoothly and although people were dropping like flies, the community was in tact and the staff were doing their job. Coming back, yes I agree, sometimes the staff are just there to be there, but they still clearly do stuff. However, just as much as the staff have gotten lazy, the members have too. This refers to the inactivity, the lack of people in the SB, ridiculous posts or responses, the abuse of -rep (not sure if that's still going on but yeah), etc... So in my opinion, as much as it is the staffs problems, its also the members problems. And all of these problems have been a growing concern for this community ever since TD left.

To put it bluntly, Rabid is not as good at TD in line rider, which is ok because he focuses alot of his energy to improving the community. However, TD had the star power that drove members in and then he had the moderating capabilities that kept them here, but when he became inactive, so did the flow of members coming to the forum. Rabid is great with moderating a forum, but does not have that star power that can carry boat loads of members in. Infact, no offense to anyone, but no single staff member has the line rider skill, the moderating abilities, and is active, which is what entices new members to come and then keeps member here. I know I joined IRTL way back when TD was around and even was able to hold a conversation with TD every know and again, which was freakin awesome, it was like talking to a celebrity.

Although I stayed for the rest of the community after TD left, as did alot of other people, the main stream of new members was simply because TD advertised this website alongside every single video he released. Unfortunately, no one else with a big enough following of non members has ever truely done the same, therefore we are decreasing in members because everyone that knows of us is already here, or has been here and left. Without the driving force for new members, we don't have anyone replacing the old members that dwindle away, and just like anything else ever, if you take away more than you put it, you lose. Likewise, new members = new ideas/tricks/people to talk to, etc... not to sound childish, but they are excited to be here, this is a fairly large community considering the fine amount of filtered material this community is based around. And that excitement is what seems to keep boards alive nowadays, and the fact that our main supply of excitement has been cut off for well over a year, we are all getting lazy because there is no one to impress

TL;DR
boards, board members, and boards staff run on new members and their excited state of being here
TD-2yrs = main flow of new members
TD-2yrs = line rider skill, good mod, active
TD*now = gone
IRTL = gone
advertisement for IRTL = null and void
advertisement for WRTL < few
new members*now = few
few new members = no one to impress
no one to impress = lazy board/board members/staff
lazy board/board members/staff = this thread = no fun

How to break the vicious chain of no new members which will in theory increase this boards activite by all members still active and by new members:
Advertise this board.

that's really all we have to do, we need a new face for WRTL. Someone that can get the views and then stay active enough to keep the new members buy talking to them and etc... but just remember, a face doesn't have to be just one person, if we all just put a small 5 second clip advertising this board at the end of every vid we make related to line rider, chances are our new members flow will increase, and so will the activity on the board.

and that's my whole theory behind this...
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3