We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fracture: An Experimental Comeback Collab by TopazPie and Jam

+4
TopazPie
Z_N-Freak
Sheldon
Jam
8 posters

Go down

Fracture: An Experimental Comeback Collab by TopazPie and Jam Empty Fracture: An Experimental Comeback Collab by TopazPie and Jam

Post by Jam Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Hello guys. Jam here. I am back, and with more motivation than ever! Tonight I, alongside with TopazPie, unvail an experimental masterpeice, Fracture: An Experimental Comeback Collab. It is a track that has a lot of contrast, smooth and sloppy, fast and slow. And I don't think it's fair to make a contrasting scenario just for the track; I think the contrast should go further. But since this idea was originally not mine, I'll pass the word to TopazPie.

Oh, thanks Jam. Hey guys, its Topaz. Jam summed it up pretty well. We decided to further the contrast and different styles, by editing our own versions of the track. It was a lot of fun and we had some funny moments along the way. I kind of messed it up by doing some manuals and such along Hehe sorry. Also Jam has some editing skills that owned. xD I hope you hope you watch both versions of the track. 8D

Jam's Edit:

TopazPie's Edit:

Track Map: http://tinyurl.com/6xa6846
Track File: http://tinyurl.com/6fn53h3
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Fracture: An Experimental Comeback Collab by TopazPie and Jam Empty Re: Fracture: An Experimental Comeback Collab by TopazPie and Jam

Post by Sheldon Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:34 pm

Well its certainly experimental Suspicious not much to say about it
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Fracture: An Experimental Comeback Collab by TopazPie and Jam Empty Re: Fracture: An Experimental Comeback Collab by TopazPie and Jam

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Gotta say it was fun to watch, but it was very sloppy at times with the manuals. I'm not sure if it was intentional since it's experimental and all, but I personally hate it when a tailmanual ends with the second peg touches the line or just whenever that happens. Not nice to see (to me). And the weirdly balanced nose manuals sometimes looked cool, sometimes looked really bad. Hard to describe. Overal a very nice job on it and cool to see something fresh like this. You don't see a lot of manual tracks nowadays sadly =(

Btw, I liked Jam's zoom better than Topaz's zoom, Jam's music choice seemed to fit a bit better to me too, but as Jam said, the overal editing skillz of Topaz were a bit more clean and gave a more professional look or something.

Last edited by Z_N-Freak on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by TopazPie Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:36 pm

I love the typography on your version jam. Epic stuff. I'm up for another collab in the future if you are 8D
TopazPie
TopazPie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jam Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Thanks for the comments, Sheldon and ZNF. Yeah, we went a bit crazy on this one... against most guidelines.

And sure, Topaz... One day...
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:39 pm

yo dude, i think the peeps are gonna delete your avvy jam XD

awesome track, i loved the experimentation. Reminded me of the old cereal and the new aspi xD
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:59 pm

This track succeeded at reaching an acceptable level of entertainment. It could have been a lot better with a lot more effort though. When experimenting I recommend going all the way and not half assing it. If you do the track will end up being only a glimpse of the incredible track it could have been, which is what this is.

The unusual, slightly sloppy line work in some parts were about as experimental as it got. They were also the most interesting parts, so perhaps pursuing that style further could help you make a more unique and original track which seemed to be the goal with this collab.

The clashing of the styles could have been exploited more heavily in my opinion. More contrast could make a more interesting level. For example a track with messy and smooth lines put next to each other might look more interesting than a track with just smooth or just messy. You achieved that in this track but not to it's full potential.

In my opinion the quirky parts were better than the manual parts. The quirky parts tried to be creative and were a lot more fun to watch. I rather liked the weird, slow flow of the quirks. The manuals were smooth but the pressure and balance wasn't very good on most of them.

As far as the videos go, Jams editing owned. Sorry Topaz, but Jam's fonts were way cooler looking and the music was better for the track.

I gave +REP up for Jam's avatar. Hehe
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by Jam Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:03 am

JoaTrades wrote:When experimenting I recommend going all the way and not half assing it. If you do the track will end up being only a glimpse of the incredible track it could have been, which is what this is.
Yeah, I wasn't the one eager to finish it. If I was making the track solo it'd probably be 2+ mins. Thanks for the comment, though.

Also, I love to see how my avatar is borderline against the rules enough to give me +rep.

Edit: Dang it! I have to remove my avvy...
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:09 pm

jam's typography was pretty freaking awesome, not goin' lie.

i really do like the idea of styles contrasting, it flowed surprisingly well and it kept my interest throughout the track.

The length of the track was perfect, and although there were a few flow killers, it still worked out good.

Great job you guys =D, I hope to see more from you two in the future.

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:43 pm

I enjoyed the track you two, it flowed well considering the complete contrast in styles ^^ The first part was pretty cool actually, it's a nice style and worked suprisingly well so awesome there! Jam, you have really nice, smooth manuals, a little wobbly at times but they worked well, I really feel like collabing with you after watching this 8D
You both had great manuals and some nice bits of quirk, I would have liked to see some more flings, but ah well, it's experimental! So awesome both of you, +rep to both!
If you are going to make more in the future, try to have more loops because they are more enjoyable to watch and it's not great always only curves in there. You can do some integration, it's also entertaining so yeah, good luck in the future and great job!
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jam Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:09 pm

CamQuartr wrote:jam's typography was pretty freaking awesome, not goin' lie.

i really do like the idea of styles contrasting, it flowed surprisingly well and it kept my interest throughout the track.

The length of the track was perfect, and although there were a few flow killers, it still worked out good.

Great job you guys =D, I hope to see more from you two in the future.

Thanks a lot Cam! Personally I think the track was a bit short, but I'm glad you think otherwise.

Wolf_Spirit wrote:I enjoyed the track you two, it flowed well considering the complete contrast in styles ^^ The first part was pretty cool actually, it's a nice style and worked suprisingly well so awesome there! Jam, you have really nice, smooth manuals, a little wobbly at times but they worked well, I really feel like collabing with you after watching this 8D
You both had great manuals and some nice bits of quirk, I would have liked to see some more flings, but ah well, it's experimental! So awesome both of you, +rep to both!
If you are going to make more in the future, try to have more loops because they are more enjoyable to watch and it's not great always only curves in there. You can do some integration, it's also entertaining so yeah, good luck in the future and great job!

Thanks for the comment and +rep! Glad you enjoyed it.
And... Sure, we could try something in the near future!
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down