We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Love Knife" - Wizzy - Pneumatics Intro

+9
TigerXLine
Rafael
Hedgehogs4Me
rabid squirrel
LineMagiX
Inukaza
SPL4SHZ0N3
Cereal
Wizzy
13 posters

Go down

"The Love Knife" - Wizzy - Pneumatics Intro   Empty "The Love Knife" - Wizzy - Pneumatics Intro

Post by Wizzy Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:48 pm

So yaaa. This is a new series of all new stop 'n go quirk I'm creating. This is the intro, not the first official part to the series. Basically, I want to get a little feel for the style before I just jump into something like this. This is completely different from anything I'm used to, but I hope to improve on some things.

Music by Eminem (Feat. Rihana) - "Love The Way You Lie"

And ya, I know the tricks suck.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

"The Love Knife" - Wizzy - Pneumatics Intro   Empty Re: "The Love Knife" - Wizzy - Pneumatics Intro

Post by Cereal Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:11 pm

Woah, you're actually really good at stop 'n go! I enjoyed this track a lot tbh, and I think you should definetly make more like this.

What I liked most about it is the fact that there were many tricks that I am not used to seeing. Even if they are simple, I like to see change.

Also, wtf? Are you like, immune to copyright claims? xD
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

"The Love Knife" - Wizzy - Pneumatics Intro   Empty Re: "The Love Knife" - Wizzy - Pneumatics Intro

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Reminded me of The River somehow. lol

GJ
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:34 pm

I wouldn't consider this a stop n' go. Bosh only stopped completely 1-2 times throughout the entire track. Just sayin'

I liked it though, nonetheless.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:44 pm

Are you serious? @ the music. Not what I expected from you at all. It just pisses me off how eminem could have gone that mainstream when he actually used to be good. But that has nothing to do with this track. inb4 IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, MUTE IT. I love rap and hip hop, but none of that mainstream [I am a potty mouth] that 12 year old girls listen to.

Could use some more strength in your flings, and more effective stop n gos. I kind of felt this was lacking creativity and reminded me of mediocre 2008 quirk. I think it helps out alot to use music that syncs with the track for this kind of style as well.

And I'm sorry if you think this comment was harsh but I honestly couldn't find much that stood out. I am looking forward to seeing how this series goes though.

EDIT
Inukaza wrote:I wouldn't consider this a stop n' go. Bosh only stopped completely 1-2 times throughout the entire track. Just sayin'
I agree. It felt too consistent to be stop n go. It was more moderate-low speed fling/manu quirk.
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:47 pm

^ I appreciate the criticism. Being foreign to this style, it really helps me to figure out where I should be going in the sense of direction. TBH, be as harsh as you can.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:48 am

~boo wrote:Are you serious? @ the music. Not what I expected from you at all. It just pisses me off how eminem could have gone that mainstream when he actually used to be good. But that has nothing to do with this track. inb4 IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, MUTE IT. I love rap and hip hop, but none of that mainstream [I am a potty mouth] that 12 year old girls listen to.
I usually hate rap, and I usually hate mainstream music, and I usually hate swearing, but I like this song actually :P just saying

I really liked that. No it's not OMGWTFBBQ, but it's the first time I've seen a wizzy track in quite a while and though "oh wow, this is different" and then "I like it!"

maybe it's not technically stop'n'go, but it felt like it to me. Whatever it is I hope you keep doing more Smile I hope you don't get discouraged by the criticism.

EDIT: reminds me of Uncertainty Principle quite a bit, actually. And that makes it win :P
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:51 am

~boo wrote:Could use some more strength in your flings, and more effective stop n gos. I kind of felt this was lacking creativity and reminded me of mediocre 2008 quirk. I think it helps out alot to use music that syncs with the track for this kind of style as well.

And I'm sorry if you think this comment was harsh but I honestly couldn't find much that stood out. I am looking forward to seeing how this series goes though.

EDIT
Inukaza wrote:I wouldn't consider this a stop n' go. Bosh only stopped completely 1-2 times throughout the entire track. Just sayin'
I agree. It felt too consistent to be stop n go. It was more moderate-low speed fling/manu quirk.

I agree with this. Your "stops" need to be much more dramatic, and your "goes" (yes, I looked it up, that's not just a verb conjugation, it's a legit plural) need to be much more powerful. That doesn't mean the track has to look like something out of aspi's playbook, but effective stops and goes are kinda essential to stop'n'go. xD
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:26 am

I really liked 1:02. That's something Votale or Leomur could do :P
Nice track Wizzy, good luck with your next stop'n go.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:09 am

Stop saying "it sucks"!

That was pretty good! I loved it! Specially 1:02 ^^
Great music-choice, btw Wink

(Since this track is a quirk, I'm not going to give you tips)
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Cereal wrote:Also, wtf? Are you like, immune to copyright claims? xD

This is what I was thinking about the whole time tbh...like what the hell man? I'm not a fan of the music or anything, but I'm can imagine it's somewhat popular since it's by M&M(easier to type)

Oh, there was a track?

Guess I missed that.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:28 pm

~boo wrote:Are you serious? @ the music. Not what I expected from you at all. It just pisses me off how eminem could have gone that mainstream when he actually used to be good. But that has nothing to do with this track. inb4 IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, MUTE IT. I love rap and hip hop, but none of that mainstream [I am a potty mouth] that 12 year old girls listen to.

this man couldn't have said it any better.

alright don't hate me, but I didn't like it. It just didn't feel like you made this track. It sorta felt like ZNF was trying to make a track done by rabid (lolwut), It just didn't feel right.

the display of tricks were pretty good, the wells could be stronger, but eh.

nice work though

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 pm

What did I do? D:

I actually like the song a bit, it's not thát bad anyway. And the track is fun to watch, can definitely be better and it's not really stop n' go yet, but you'll get there =)
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:56 pm

Thanks for the Cnc dudes. Ya the track is pretty funky, it's my first time at this style :|

about the music, stay on topic dudes. I want to hear about the track and what sucks about it. I started part I today and I'm gonna try to work on those stalls.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:22 am

i like the track, it was very enjoyable, most quirks i just tune out about a quarter of the way through, but for some reason i watched this one the whole way through.

Good Job Thumbs Up
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down