We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XYMaze (picture) + MAZE CONTEST RULE IDEAS

+10
LineMagiX
Lukking
Loz
MartinJulenissen
TigerXLine
Wolf_Spirit
JoaTrades
Georgio_jc
Rafael
Z_N-Freak
14 posters

Go down

XYMaze (picture) + MAZE CONTEST RULE IDEAS Empty XYMaze (picture) + MAZE CONTEST RULE IDEAS

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:38 pm

I made a maze and I made it so that no one can really cheat (I think). I made it so that there is no possible way someone can squeeze through a corner and I think it's impossible to get enough speed to make Bosh lineglitch. I even placed two extra lines near the end to be sure it won't happen there.

Picture:
Spoiler:

I'm not sure yet what I want the rules to be, but I am sure it is not going to be a lowest linecount contest.
I'm thinking about either letting people
1. Only use XY lines(*) and compete for the fastest time.
2. Only use Blue lines and compete for the fastest time.
3.(**) Use any type of line and try to get the fastest time with the least amount of lines
4. Any combination of the above

(*)(in 6.7 press Shift + X to lock into XY modus or press and hold X just before drawing a line)
(**) Scoring for this would be for example: time in seconds + amount of lines = time total.
In a sense, any line you use, costs you a second.

Just some ideas I want to throw out there for future mazes + I'd like some feedback on what type of rules my maze should get and if it looks any good. Be aware that it might be a bit tricky to see what side of the line you can go through and what side is solid. So before you see the actual .sol I guess it might be hard to tell if it is any good. I think it'll be a very nice maze though =)
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

XYMaze (picture) + MAZE CONTEST RULE IDEAS Empty Re: XYMaze (picture) + MAZE CONTEST RULE IDEAS

Post by Rafael Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:52 pm

A second per line is a lot, but I like the maze. It's nice and big Smile
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

XYMaze (picture) + MAZE CONTEST RULE IDEAS Empty Re: XYMaze (picture) + MAZE CONTEST RULE IDEAS

Post by Georgio_jc Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:01 pm

maybe it's just me, but I don't really like the "lines = seconds"-idea..

..but damn, this one looks challenging Very Happy
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Z_N-Freak wrote:
(**) Scoring for this would be for example: time in seconds + amount of lines = time total.

So basically it would a combination of a lowest time contest and a lowest line count contest? That sounds like it would be a pain in the ass.

Last edited by JoaTrades on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:02 pm

I really like the idea ^^
I think that it should be only blue xy lines allowed. I'm not so sure about the least lines used, I don't find those as fun as trying to go all-out on speed and get the fastest time, buuuut that's just me ^^ One more thing, he should end on a stall to prevent any 'imma fire bosh at the ending and finish in the fastest time' Speaking of which, no offsled would be good too, unless that's what you want of course 8D Good luck, I'll probably enter!
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Rafael wrote:A second per line is a lot, but I like the maze. It's nice and big Smile

Georgio_jc wrote:maybe it's just me, but I don't really like the "lines = seconds"-idea..

..but damn, this one looks challenging Very Happy

Yeah, it was only an example. It could be 10 lines = 1 extra second or w/e you want. It's just an idea for a new type of challenge anyway, we don't need to use the rule for this maze.

JoaTrades wrote:
Z_N-Freak wrote:

So basically it would a combination of a lowest time contest and a lowest line count contest? That sounds like it would be a pain in the ass.

It would be, but that's the challenge. We don't need to use this rule for this paticular maze though, it's just an idea =)

Wolf_Spirit wrote:I really like the idea ^^
I think that it should be only blue xy lines allowed. I'm not so sure about the least lines used, I don't find those as fun as trying to go all-out on speed and get the fastest time, buuuut that's just me ^^ One more thing, he should end on a stall to prevent any 'imma fire bosh at the ending and finish in the fastest time' Speaking of which, no offsled would be good too, unless that's what you want of course 8D Good luck, I'll probably enter!

Yeah, I ended up making this maze with all XY lines, so I want to let people use only XY lines, but I'm a bit worried not many people will enter if I do so. I don't really have any preference for the only blue or any linetype rule.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:27 pm

Looks sexy! 8D

I like the XY + fastes time idea

I would probably enter ^^
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:34 pm

inb4 hard shoulder flings and pinches.
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:37 pm

Maybe we could make it two contests at the same time, I'd make a seperate list for XY entries and normal entries. Or maybe I'm a bit too worried about people not wanting to make XY, iunno.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:49 pm

+rep, appreciating the effort baby you've always been my hero
Loz
Loz

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:08 pm

Loz wrote:+rep, appreciating the effort baby you've always been my hero

Errr, wow? Thanks for the random love?! Very Happy
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:32 pm

i love mazes so.....yes
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:14 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, when should this contest start? Should I wait for februari and maybe it can become a contest of the month? Or should this be open longer than a month and/or should I let the contest start as soon as possible. I'm not sure about what everyone wants =o
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:19 pm

TigerLine7 wrote:Looks sexy! 8D

I like the XY + fastes time idea

I would probably enter ^^
I like dis
Z_N-Freak wrote:
Loz wrote:+rep, appreciating the effort baby you've always been my hero

Errr, wow? Thanks for the random love?! Very Happy

Lmao loz = modern hippy.
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:35 pm

i didn't read the discussion, but i don't like the line = second ide, too. but the maze is pretty cool :P
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:40 pm

I think this would be great for a february contest of the month :P
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:37 pm

3 maze contests in a row? cmon lets get some variety.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:23 am

I would say thats a little... hard.

hehe.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:30 am

Err, it's Contest of the Month. Not Maze of the Month. I think we should do something else for next month.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:34 am

Rafael wrote:Err, it's Contest of the Month. Not Maze of the Month. I think we should do something else for next month.
ok, we'll vote on it and other options.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:53 am

lets have a track inside box A outside box B contest.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down