We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin - Lukking's Masterpiece

+21
Helios Pavonine
MartinJulenissen
Georgio_jc
pure5152
Yobanjojoe
Purtle
GhostY
rabid squirrel
Wizzy
JoaTrades
Rafael
Inukaza
Cereal
aspi33
Votale
TigerXLine
Catz
Wolf_Spirit
Painlobster
Derpinator
Lukking
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Origin - Lukking's Masterpiece  Empty Origin - Lukking's Masterpiece

Post by Lukking Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Just turn up the volume and enjoy
but
*warning terrible style*
Spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkTxI4miweM

Last edited by Lukking on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Origin - Lukking's Masterpiece  Empty Re: Origin - Lukking's Masterpiece

Post by Derpinator Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:42 pm

when i saw you name i really was like Inverted Onoz
That was the most enjoyable compact quirk i have watched. No over-reacting. Instead of using my sucky review, then just these words: THAT WAS AWESOME!!!
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Painlobster Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:48 pm

Nice job. It felt different that immersion and airflow. Maybe it was just me, but it seemed slower and more graceful that any of your previous tracks, which is something I appreciate, but I don't know how that will go over with everyone else.

But really, the final product is certainly something to be proud of. It's kind of fitting that you managed to tame the intensity of your style for it's final installment.

+rep, and I hope you make more tracks (maybe with experimental styles) in the future. Thumbs Up
Painlobster
Painlobster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Dayum! I loved that lukking ^^
It had excellent uses of stop, 'n' go and airtime, that's amazing in itself. You had a great sense of the 'unexpected' through out, as in you expect bosh to go one way, he goes somewhere else O.o WOAH.
Bad things:
Can't really think of any TBH, music fitted in perfectly. I guess an alt-quirker/quirker could think of some....but I can't :P It looked messy I guess, but I don't think it should look all neat really so yeah....you're awesome 8D +rep and I hope this gets featured!
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Catz Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:04 pm

0:37-0:39 = 8D Inverted Onoz Very Happy Thumbs Up
I really enjoyed the track 8D
Gj Luk Smile
Catz
Catz

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:13 pm

Amazing!

+rep!
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Not sure if I liked it as much as your old stuff like Zelectric. I don't like how sloppy it was :\

BUT. I loved the compact style you mixed with stop and go style. Reminded me of Pure ^^
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:38 pm

From U2B:
A-mazing! Really, you continue to impress me with how strong you are able to pull that poor little guy. Eg. the alt. quirk part at 1:27 is unbelievably compact and has unbelievably constant speed. The whole track has very constant speed where you want it to be.
The changing HBH fling(s) @ 0:43 is incredible.
I could have mentioned every highlight throughout the track, but that would be to long :P

I really hope you find inspiration for further solo track making yourself!
You have inspired me Smile

VERY epic track! I loved it. I really hope you can go on. This made me wanna make an alt. quirk, and when I get time, I hopefully will Very Happy
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:31 pm

That was beautiful, you have gwell stacking down to a science :P

I especially like that it has a lot of variety and not just all the same stuff.

This is one of those tracks that is just... awesome, and I can't really say much more about it. xD

+rep, keep up the good work.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:41 pm

I honestly didn't like it. I seamed off, I fell in love with your old style. This track was like a unwelcome guest in my perfect world. When you called it your masterpiece, my expectations were high. I just didn't like it very much, sorry.

Very slow, and the triple/quad stacked lines looked silly to me..... You failed at pulling off the airtime, it was boring. IMO. It was just, so much less than perfect. It's not what I expect from someone in LCC.

Last edited by Inu on Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:42 pm

I think Inu just summarized my opinion I just didn't know how to say it. xD
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:08 pm

I loved it, I really did. Really outstanding track man! <3
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Origin - Lukking's Masterpiece  Empty Epic stacking...

Post by JoaTrades Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:05 pm

The first review by JoaTrades in ages:

It had a jerky/choppy feeling most of the time. The high speed parts and alt. quirk parks looked really good. The stacking was amazing. :O

The manuals seemed pretty weak though and the XY parts were a bit unimaginative. The airtime parts sucked. The Airtime at 00:36 was stolen from Lankher's Devil...
Spoiler:
...and we're all getting a bit tired of fakie airtime. Rolling Eyes

The manual part @ 2:47-2:48 was a bit old school but it stood out and served it's purpose of changing things up a bit and the airtime there was some of the best in the track. Overall the manuals were pretty weak which was weird since the wells were so ridiculously strong. Maybe that contrast was intended though.

The song's feeling may have fit with the track but it didn't exactly sync perfectly. The second song didn't fit at all but whatever.

Since your still planning on making tracks I guess I'll give you some advice for the future:

The jerking and extravagant quick speed changes look good in alt. quirk but make normal quirk look choppy and painful.

An occasional fake tail or nose manual for effect can look cool but I think you should try to make the strength of your manuals match strength of your wells a little more.

Don't use too much fakie airtime, that's been done a lot already. Also don't steal your airtime from Lankher. xD

Overall I really like the track. Good work! Very Happy
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:05 pm

Inu wrote:I honestly didn't like it. I seamed off, I fell in love with your old style. This track was like a unwelcome guest in my perfect world. When you called it your masterpiece, my expectations were high. I just didn't like it very much, sorry.

Very slow, and the triple/quad stacked lines looked silly to me..... You failed at pulling off the airtime, it was boring. IMO. It was just, so much less than perfect. It's not what I expect from someone in LCC.

Kind of a mean way to put it but I agree. It seemed like an average track to me, nothing special about it. To call it a masterpiece, nowadays, is to call a track the next Vision or Flying (by SCG, love that track). Sorry but I think it could of been better.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:18 pm

Loved that, much more than your previous tracks. Loved how you did speed variation, first time I've really ever seen you do that. And of course you have a very distinct style of intense stop'n'go and that was apparent, and more fun when mixed up with other stuff.

It still felt a little over-the-top intense to me, and you never really drew anything out or accented anything, and the manuals weren't the smoothest ever, but this was definitely my favorite track of yours. it had all the intensity plus a bit of style, which made it MUCH better.

TBH, this feels like your first venture into the realm of experimentation to me, and I can see you only getting better from here, so don't stop making solo tracks. Try not working so hard and pushing the "other" stuff to the max - draw stuff out, surround something cool with less-exciting moments, and just go crazy and experiment. I always knew you had the skill, now I can see you are beginning to discover the style/flow aspect. Now go be creative and don't worry about failure! I guarantee you that different is almost always good in your case. Smile

Some people might not like this because they had high expectations of the standard Lukking style when you called it your masterpiece, but that's because they don't realize that this is you trying out some stuff you've never really explored properly. I guarantee if you go further, and warn people that it's different, people will love it :P

just a note, it's a pet peeve of mine when people obviously don't care about spelling or grammar in their titles. I mean, a mistake or two is ok, but at least put some effort into it >.>

whatever, the track was definitely your best yet and I loved it! Very Happy
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:26 pm

this track is amazing. soo much win <33

+rep 8D
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:30 pm

I didn't really read the other posts so sorry if I ask something stupid, honestly I don't have the time and I don't even usually post in track threads anymore for the most part.

It was alright. It like kept going and never stopped I felt like.

Why is it a masterpiece if you are saying you're not quitting?
I'm not saying it isn't worthy, but just curious.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:20 am

That......Was...........................................................[I am a potty mouth] EPIC
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:49 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
Some people might not like this because they had high expectations of the standard Lukking style when you called it your masterpiece, but that's because they don't realize that this is you trying out some stuff you've never really explored properly. I guarantee if you go further, and warn people that it's different, people will love it :P

Everyone is experimenting, you don't know how someone like myself thinks. Stop speaking for the masses, rabid. Think for yourself and only yourself. And no, I didn't like the style over all, I liked more of the style Shox was. None of us are idiots here, rabid, of course we could figure out quickly that this was not his regular style. And no, I don't think I would like this if he goes further, this style is intensely boring to me. No offense to you lukking, but rabid is full of [I am a potty mouth]. I will not let him speak for the masses. Even if it is a opinion, he didn't state it as such. It came off as a statement.

He could do something else, still being experimenting, being different, and I could like it. I just did not like this style.....Period. Experimenting also comes with critics. By all means lukking, don't feel that you need to change your style just for me, your a good guy. I'm glad that we are friends, but being friends means I'm not going to hold back with my comments. You know that, ofc.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:10 am

I agree with everything that Inu is saying. We know our own opinion. What would warning me the style in this is different make me like it any better. I don't ever get my expectations up, doesn't matter if someone calls it a masterpiece or not. I didn't like this "experimental style." I liked the style he used in Zelectric and Shox, not this. The quad stacked wells, as Inu said, look silly and sloppy to me; I didn't like them at all. What can I say? I just didn't like this very much... Sorry Sad

But I would appreciate Rabid not speaking for us as if he knows what we think about tracks.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:19 am

Votale wrote:I agree with everything that Inu is saying. We know our own opinion. What would warning me the style in this is different make me like it any better. I don't ever get my expectations up, doesn't matter if someone calls it a masterpiece or not. I didn't like this "experimental style." I liked the style he used in Zelectric and Shox, not this. The quad stacked wells, as Inu said, look silly and sloppy to me; I didn't like them at all. What can I say? I just didn't like this very much... Sorry Sad

But I would appreciate Rabid not speaking for us as if he knows what we think about tracks.
this :\ I also prefered the style he used in zelectric than to this. I respect the fact that he was experimenting, but I just don't like it. that's my opinion, and I bet a whole slough of people disagree with me, but ah well XD
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:58 am

sheesh, guys, I didn't mean to offend anyone.

Makes me feel bad for Lukking. No matter what he does, about a third of the people watching hate his tracks, and they're the most outspoken. I would quit completely.

I loved the track, and I can't see a good reason for actually disliking it. I don't know what it is with people actually NOT liking tracks that obviously took a lot of work and skill to make, and are fun to watch as well. Either you're subconsciously jealous, or you set your standards way too high.

You know that it's still possible to like this track, even if maybe for some reason you liked another track better right? If I said "oh, I don't like this because it's not as good as Breathtaking Silence" I would be a crappy reviewer and nobody would like me.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:14 am

Again you're telling US why WE don't like this track by saying : "Either you're subconsciously jealous, or you set your standards way too high."

We don't like this for the same reason you don't like other tracks that we actually do like. It's like saying what you said once about "Random scenery that doesn't make sense." You don't like it, but I do. Does that mean you're "subconsciously jealous?" No, it doesn't. It's called different taste in scenery. Just like I have different taste in track.

What you said about a third of the people not liking his tracks is totally false. There are only 3 people I see that don't like it. Big deal. If he plays LineRider to please us then he isn't playing it for the right reasons. I play it strictly for fun when I feel like it. Everyone should it's a flash game. Praise over the internet means nothing to me especially when focused on a game.

I mean this is the nicest way, Rabid and Luk.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:30 am

well, TBH when I think back on times I've done stuff similar to this ^ I feel like a dick. The River for example, I must have just been in a really nasty mood when I saw it, because I really don't hate it, but for some reason I ranted on and on and on about what I didn't like. It's really the most technically intense track ever created, and I guess I didn't like the fact that while he claimed it was branching out into different styles, it really wasn't because it was all so intensified, and I felt like he needed to relax. But looking back, I wish I could have taken back all the stuff I said, or at least mixed it up with positive stuff, and I've tried to never again do stuff like that.

Ok, so you're not jealous. I still think you set your standards too high. Relax and enjoy the track.

meh, I'm done. I guess the best way to get you to stop is to stop myself.

EDIT: Blah, sorry but I have to point out that 4/13 people in this thread don't like this track. That's almost 1/3, not counting the people who thought it was meh or ok, and nobody has posted as much as you have, Votale.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:47 am

rabid squirrel wrote:Blah, sorry but I have to point out that 4/13 people in this thread don't like this track. That's almost 1/3, not counting the people who thought it was meh or ok, and nobody has posted as much as you have, Votale.

Uh, no you don't. You don't have to point out how you disagree with the others - while saying their opinion is stupid because you love the track. In my opinion, you don't have to comment at all. Respect our opinions, and stop talking like you can read our minds. We respect yours. Again, while you might feel like what your saying is right, it's totally [I am a potty mouth]. Rabid, you don't know much about us, it's the internet. When you talk like your stating facts, discrediting our opinions, you will have a problem.

Everyone one has different opinions - I don't like this track, but I don't set my standards high. This track was not enjoyable.

EDIT: For the record, saying "I'll stop it myself now" then saying something again - which was the reason we started fighting - will not solve the problem.

Last edited by Inu on Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next