We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Members?

+9
Derpinator
Lukking
TigerXLine
Cereal
Smitsy
rabid squirrel
IGLima
GhostY
Votale
13 posters

Go down

More Members? Empty More Members?

Post by Votale Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:59 pm

http://help.forumotion.com/tricks-tips-f32/tips-to-get-more-visits-on-your-forum-t50778.htm

As it looks as though this will be our permanent home, I guess we should get as many members as we can. I don't think we're been trying to do this much, so I suggest we start really trying now. If I have to do some of this stuff, I will :P

We should really start trying harder to attract older and newer people to IRTL. Why not start now?

Post ideas on how to do so here.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

More Members? Empty Re: More Members?

Post by GhostY Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:04 pm

we should make sorvious upload a video and have him call it "Manual Mayhem Rebirth" and right as the titles get done the music builds up and then it goes to a rick roll video saying "come to www.iridethelines.forumotion.com 8D"
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by IGLima Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:24 pm

Lol good idea GhostY. :P

What if one of us posts a link to here on all of Techdawg's videos and then the rest of us thumb them up?
IGLima
IGLima

Featured Video: Silent Flame Scened

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:35 am

I've already looked at this list, all the administrative things are done. submitted to bing/yahoo/google, tags done, made it look as nice as I could, put line rider on the front page and a list of downloads/how to get standalone...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:41 am

GhostY wrote:we should make sorvious upload a video and have him call it "Manual Mayhem Rebirth" and right as the titles get done the music builds up and then it goes to a rick roll video saying "come to www.iridethelines.forumotion.com 8D"

This i sthe greatest idea in irtl history
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:24 am

Even better than that, Unconed should put an annotation in Jagged Peak Adventure saying to go to www.weridethelines.com xD
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:29 am

Get everyone to put an annotation on there most viewed video saying 'go to wrtl' with the link. That could actually work.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:55 am

All of us could make a little "IRTL-thing" at the end of our upcoming videos and all the other ones that we are going to make in the future.

Example:
1. The intro and the track plays, fading out*
2. Then a IRTL thing comes up, fading out*
3. Then the credits....
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:33 pm

Smit5y wrote:Get everyone to put an annotation on there most viewed video saying 'go to wrtl' with the link. That could actually work.
done as of a year ago
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:10 pm

maybe we should all spam raywilliamjohnson to make a shoutout to our site 8D
i like the sorvius idea...
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:21 am

Or we could get wizzy put an annotation on Skate Park under construction because it has 750k views.
However, I don't want this site to become like .org with over 60.000 members. But that's my opinion
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:56 am

i have an idea...
in every online game(wow or cod or whatever) our username is "weridethelines.com" and ppl see this and go to our site...
that is a great idea :|
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 am

I think the idea of creating a comment to weridethelines and thumbing it up is a good idea.
We could also all make links to IRtL before our credits, but then we must do it everyone, make it a trend.

Also, Wizzy should add a link on Scatepark, Georg should do so on Silk Road Armageddon. It would help a lot!

But I agree, we need new, young and creative members. We need it badly, cuz right now we are the good ol' members just lurking around :/

Also, I'm sick of this forumotion site though, it feels unserious and amateurish. I want the old IRtL back Sad
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:07 am

well, line rider doesn't really pack the punch it used to. and if you look at the new members we've gotten... well not to name names but they're not ZNFs or hedgehogs4mes or gjerts.

I'm not willing to pay for hosting/domain, but if you are, and you know how, and are willing to set up a site that looks like the old IRTL, and you can somehow get the domain from mhenr, and you're willing to turn the entire site over to me including hosting cp/root admin, then that will work great. I would even be willing to pay for hosting/domain after that.

I'm just not gonna go and try to learn how to set it up when I don't really care because we already have this place - which works just fine.

Personally, I don't mind just old members lurking around. It's fun because I know everyone Smile And it's less admin work too. I think I'll just stick around here forever, TBH. it's becoming less and less work, enabling me to just pop in every couple weeks without missing anything major.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:31 pm

To be honest rabid, I would trust you with the hosting cp :P.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:02 am

Do people have to register to see threads/play linerider on the home page? If not you should probably do that.

Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:50 am

Ok, rabid, but then make it official that there will not be any IRtL recover, and then we should really be named "weridethelines.forumotion.com". Idk if that's changeable.
But I would actually be more active if it was decided that this is our new home, and no old IRtL will turn back up. Because at the moment, I see this site as a temporary destination, and therefore I don't care about making important threads, long posts or major contribution in general.

Also, you gotta agree that we need people, because it's an inspiration, it's something new, and "fresh blood" is always nice. I bet the ones who used to create much tracks (included me), and aren't now, somehow miss it. I miss it a lot, I feel there's something missing actually. Even Guitar Hero can't replace my need for creative expression, and I get that through Line Rider.

The really best way to do this is to make some YouTube video appealing to young people, and somehow make it famous. (I will soon make a video which either will be a bloop, or get hundreds of thousands of views. I'll prolly advertise Line Rider there in some way Wink)
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:00 am

we could get a decent, humerous/awesome linerider video on YT, have it go viral (200K+ views in a week) and try and get RWJ to feature it in =3.

Alot of people actually know of linerider but they're either not up to date with current tricks/features or they just don't like doing what we do.

Either way, maybe upload alot of not-LR but appealing content on some of our profiles (that doesn't mean a million WiFi pokemon battles) and mention this site in the videos.

just some thoughts
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

@aspi
i wanna work with you on that linerider ad....maybe we can get some good editors and "voices".we should voice it cause it looks more serious then
hedge had this idea a while ago
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:53 am

@luk
Yes, I remember Hedge had this idea. However, my idea is to make a YouTube video for my YouTube download javascript, and then advertise LR somewhere in it (except in the intro, it's so bad when ppl advertise in the intro).
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down