We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!!

+39
Nirobi
linerage
Purtle
LineRiderGjert
MartinJulenissen
Kohuda
EAwazHere
JoaTrades
Kayped
Georgio_jc
Z_N-Freak
Hedgehogs4Me
TeamBlast
ZxGjReP
crash2burn
FlagCapper
doneyear
Binglinerider
Wizzy
GhostY
Orthuss
Painlobster
CamQuartr
IGotGreasyBalls
Commandercoke
TigerXLine
Derpinator
Smitsy
aspi33
Helios Pavonine
Cereal
Votale
Stickheadz32
Inukaza
Wolf_Spirit
Rafael
pure5152
iPi
rabid squirrel
43 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Which one is your favorite?

TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!! - Page 2 Vote_lcap79%TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 79% 
[ 44 ]
TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!! - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!! - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 56

Poll closed

TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: TOC3 CHAMPIONSHIP POLL!!!

Post by doneyear Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:17 pm

FlagCapper wrote:...and people said TOCII was one-sided.

But honestly, I didn't really like BS that much. It's very, very impressive; but it doesn't really have any theme... it's just a lot of well-drawn stuff crammed onto the screen. Transcendental remains the best scenery track ever in my book.

Vision probably would've gotten my vote as the winner for this TOC. Incito GMV in this poll.

I can see what you're coming from, but I have one problem with this. As you stated, BS never had just one theme, but omnistyles never have a same theme of tracks to go to, per say quirk or manual tracks and we never seem to bash on them (usually)? I like BS because of the different scenery styles it has in there making it a sort-of omnistyle scenery. Also, the track is very well done, not as good as Incinto, but good enough to be able to vote over a great track. It's quite fast paced with all sorts of manual transitions here and there, which I love.

But again, it's personal preference.

doneyear

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:00 am

But honestly, I didn't really like BS that much. It's very, very impressive; but it doesn't really have any theme... it's just a lot of well-drawn stuff crammed onto the screen. Transcendental remains the best scenery track ever in my book.

Vision probably would've gotten my vote as the winner for this TOC. Incito GMV in this poll.
*turns on laser site* *closes one eye* I got a clean shot, LRG. just tell me when :|
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by crash2burn Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:01 am

this Sad
crash2burn
crash2burn

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:53 am

BS was 50 times better than Transcendental was track-wise, however. and the random scenery did flow pretty nicely... it was more of a montage than a story in my opinion. and I loved it. I guess you could say it's all opinion.. but what's the progression in aspi's track? where's the structure? one may define such a track as controlled chaos. .. I guess you can't judge a track for what it isn't, but for what it is. And for what BS is and was trying to accomplish, I'd say it LRG did a pretty impressive job. BS gmv
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:10 am

pure5152 wrote:.. but what's the progression in aspi's track? where's the structure? one may define such a track as controlled chaos.
Ok, I do not agree with that. If you look closer into it, you see the different parts, synced with the music. The most obvious one is big quirk to alt quirk. As we are speaking of that point, I can say that my plan was: "explode Bosh's speed in accordance to the music, and in a new-fashioned way, cuz it would fit the music, then do something that is going to be a transition to the following alt. quirk, still fitting the music."

I think I recorded Incito at least 50 times to repeatedly check when and where to execute tricks and change styles. It's not chaos, that's the difference from my earlier tracks. And that's what Bjerre introduced to me: planned and creative quirk. The main concept of Incito Smile (mixed with "my style", aka new stuff, power, etc.)

Not to be offensive or anything, just gotta point this out Smile

Also, BS has gotten a well deserved win Smile
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:52 am

Meh, i really think vision should of been second, but it doesntreally matter, BS deserves to win.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by FlagCapper Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:36 pm

doneyear wrote:I can see what you're coming from, but I have one problem with this. As you stated, BS never had just one theme, but omnistyles never have a same theme of tracks to go to, per say quirk or manual tracks and we never seem to bash on them (usually)? I like BS because of the different scenery styles it has in there making it a sort-of omnistyle scenery. Also, the track is very well done, not as good as Incinto, but good enough to be able to vote over a great track. It's quite fast paced with all sorts of manual transitions here and there, which I love.

But again, it's personal preference.

BS was 50 times better than Transcendental was track-wise, however. and the random scenery did flow pretty nicely... it was more of a montage than a story in my opinion. and I loved it. I guess you could say it's all opinion.. but what's the progression in aspi's track? where's the structure? one may define such a track as controlled chaos. .. I guess you can't judge a track for what it isn't, but for what it is. And for what BS is and was trying to accomplish, I'd say it LRG did a pretty impressive job. BS gmv

Responding to the comment that bare tracks don't have a "theme": I guess the word I'm looking for is "structure". Let's see some examples:

EVOL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovov5Zt6LgE - A really old track, but you can distinctly see the music sync, the progression between the different phases of the track, the different speeds, etc. It feels like a complete presentation. It has a beginning, a middle and an end.

Vision: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=225Kdr-yrSc - This one doesn't have a distinct first A -> B -> C pattern, but just as a general theme the beat of the song syncs with the beat of the track, and the epic brass always kicks in on the high speed parts. It feels complete.

OIIb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJWimVfHKEE - I don't think I have to explain this one.

I'd like to point out that I don't think BS is a bad track by any means. Even after watching it however, there's not really a single moment that sticks out to me. There's nothing I remember from it. It doesn't have a beginning, middle and end. It's not even one continuous track.

And I really respect the effort that went into this. I can't even begin to imagine how long it must take to draw all that, and draw it well. But that's not a valid reason to vote for it.

A track is more than just a sequence of tricks, and a scened track is more than just a sequence of pretty pictures.

Last edited by FlagCapper on Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:19 pm

I agree with BS not really having any structure or rather 'format' it follow such as beg. mid. end.
as previously stated it is just a montage of short tracks with crazy scenery, but it just goes to show, you don't need structure to win the ToC :| So I don't think it's really necessary to argue why a track with structuring is better than one without, because the results are pretty clear.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by FlagCapper Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Wizzy wrote:I agree with BS not really having any structure or rather 'format' it follow such as beg. mid. end.
as previously stated it is just a montage of short tracks with crazy scenery, but it just goes to show, you don't need structure to win the ToC :| So I don't think it's really necessary to argue why a track with structuring is better than one without, because the results are pretty clear.
I'm not saying it shouldn't win TOC. TOC is, after all, just people's opinion. I personally didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else though.

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:55 pm

if you guys think bs is random wait until you see incito scened xD
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:36 pm

FlagCapper wrote:
Wizzy wrote:I agree with BS not really having any structure or rather 'format' it follow such as beg. mid. end.
I'm not saying it shouldn't win TOC. TOC is, after all, just people's opinion. I personally didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else though.
well ya but you said incito was better because it had structuring and bs didn't, then I said structure doesn't make a track better because bs won and incito didn't :| lern2comprehensionrite

Edit: Seriously, LRG. Just give me the word and I'll turn him into a permanent Muslim :|
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by ZxGjReP Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:01 pm

everything FlagCapper said made perfect sense to me, so as well, Incito. Even though this poll is one sided :P

ZxGjReP

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:58 pm

Rafael wrote:5-0. Lamest final poll ever? xD
ToC1 was Black Sea - 35, Millenium - 50, ToC2 was KING - 48, Omniverse 2 Beta - 84. None have been real nail-biters (though Reality vs Millnium and Cosmic Underworld vs O2B would have been a better matchup TBH)
wolf_spirit wrote:Wat....incito got through? I don't remember that happneing O.o
Anyways BS gmv.
24-hour LC tiebreaker poll was 7-8 Incito.
Cereal wrote:
Podpack wrote:Nothing will ever be as good as BS.
never say anything like that. Before you know it, something just as epic (or more) may come out.
QFT
Wizzy wrote:
IGotGreasyBalls wrote:
aspi33 wrote:BS gmv. LRG really deserves the TOC3 trophy for BS, just think about the amount of time he has used on it. And how epic it turned out. It pretty much sums up LRG's career, showing his all-round skills.

Tons of thanks to my voters though, deeply appreciated Smile
Are you sure he spent more time than you? Just saying.
Ya, I wouldn't expect most quirkers/most track makers to understand how much time and effort go into a scenery track xD especially one like transcendental and bs (just saying). Lrg gets silly string and streamers :|
A rude way of putting it, but QFT.

even if you work uberfast, usually it takes a couple hours to draw a thousand lines of scenery, unless you're GhostY or Sorvius and draw lines all over the place as fast as you can. Soooo if we assume that BS is 300k, that would be about 500 hours minimum, or 3 hours a day for 5 months. And that's not counting the track.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamBlast Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:20 am

I had to vote for BS. I just had to. It could have been the quality, or the style, or possibly the creator...?

Incito was a great track, though. Fantastic job, aspi.
TeamBlast
TeamBlast

<CENSORED>

http://dansaunders.me/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:46 am

rabid squirrel wrote:even if you work uberfast, usually it takes a couple hours to draw a thousand lines of scenery, unless you're GhostY or Sorvius and draw lines all over the place as fast as you can. Soooo if we assume that BS is 300k, that would be about 500 hours minimum, or 3 hours a day for 5 months. And that's not counting the track.
That actually sounds about right for a modern quirk. >_<
But yeah, I can't see almost a thousand lines every hour, I don't think I could do that. Based on how fast I do scenery, I'd put it at more like 1200 hours minimum, but then again, I'm slow. :|
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:28 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:even if you work uberfast, usually it takes a couple hours to draw a thousand lines of scenery, unless you're GhostY or Sorvius and draw lines all over the place as fast as you can. Soooo if we assume that BS is 300k, that would be about 500 hours minimum, or 3 hours a day for 5 months. And that's not counting the track.
I'm pretty sure that's not true for most people, you're just special that way :P

feel free to prove me wrong, everyone else!
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:51 am

FlagCapper wrote:Responding to the comment that bare tracks don't have a "theme": I guess the word I'm looking for is "structure". Let's see some examples:

EVOL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovov5Zt6LgE - A really old track, but you can distinctly see the music sync, the progression between the different phases of the track, the different speeds, etc. It feels like a complete presentation. It has a beginning, a middle and an end.

I know right? I spend like 4 minutes searching for a song and went like: "lol, this fits well" and then released it 8D
I'm just sayin'...
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:19 pm

..another great example would be Blue Champion.
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:02 pm

Georgio_jc wrote:..another great example would be Blue Champion.

Actually no, music sync wise, that is definitely not a good example. The structure it had was also meh because it started out slow got fast back to slow back to fast then end. It's more like beginning middle middle end. (I could be wrong, I haven't watched it in a while)
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:09 pm

^I feel like people are looking at tracks, instead of watching them :/
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by IGotGreasyBalls Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:32 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:
I'm pretty sure that's not true for most people, you're just special that way :P

Hedge is right..
IGotGreasyBalls
IGotGreasyBalls

https://dinnertrader.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Wizzy wrote:

Actually no, music sync wise, that is definitely not a good example. The structure it had was also meh because it started out slow got fast back to slow back to fast then end. It's more like beginning middle middle end. (I could be wrong, I haven't watched it in a while)
Well I thought it was great syncing.
It went to alt-quirk and messier track for the chorus. In the verses (sometimes) when the singer had a gap in speech, there'd be airtime. There's probably other examples but I can't be bothered looking TBH xD
But in all honesty, it must be very difficult to sync a track perfectly with the music in any other way than the tempo or beat. So IGGB did quite well in syncing it with the lyrics, volume and tempo at times. ('coz the chorus was notably louder than anywhere else)
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:33 pm

Wizzy wrote:

Hmmm well that could be because of the fact it's unfinished?
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:17 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:

Ya, I wouldn't expect most quirkers/most track makers sceners to understand how much time and effort go into a scenery track quirk xD especially one like transcendental and bs the Blends and the Cold Fusions (just saying). Lrg Hedge gets silly string and streamers :|
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:48 pm

aspi33 wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:

Ya, I wouldn't expect most quirkers/most track makers sceners to understand how much time and effort go into a scenery track quirk xD especially one like transcendental and bs the Blends and the Cold Fusions (just saying). Lrg Hedge gets silly string and streamers :|

Wait, let's think about this for a minute. You're saying 2,000+ lines (on average) Vs. 100,000+ lines (If you were LRG or Techdawg or in Sorvius's situation, 700,000+ lines which is just rediculous Suspicious) is about the same amount of work/effort? And that excludes the actual track work in scenery tracks. I also don't mean to say track making doesn't take much effort, because it does. Lots. But not NEARLY as much as it takes to fully scene a track, and I'm not talking about the short 0:40 scenery tracks.
WUT.

Last edited by Wizzy on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum