We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAOTW #13 - Voting

+15
Derpinator
Stickheadz32
Catz
Yobanjojoe
GhostY
Absox
Purtle
Cereal
Nirobi
CamQuartr
Wolf_Spirit
Smitsy
MartinJulenissen
iPi
Commandercoke
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which one is the best?

LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Vote_lcap76%LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Vote_rcap 76% 
[ 28 ]
LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 37

Poll closed

LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 Empty Re: LAOTW #13 - Voting

Post by MartinJulenissen Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:42 am

because greenday sux
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:26 am

stop (erhem, you know the word here) about the rocket. so it looks like sorv's, so what? It's what a rocket is supposed to look like.

LAOTW #13 - Voting - Page 2 1732093604b8765c2be288

[troll]hey look, sorv copied NASA![/troll]

ontopic: voted for norbi.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:42 am

KillinTime2792 wrote:
[troll]hey look, sorv copied NASA![/troll]

i lold

but think, all the positions the rocket could of been in, all the angles, all the points or perspective, all the little details, all the shading, could of been different, but no, almost exactly the same.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:59 pm

personally, if i was going to draw a rocket I'd either do it from that angle, or mid-flight. for linerider though a flying rocket seems silly to me (not a massive fan of scenery just "floating") So I'd draw it from that angle.

Yes it looks the same, because it's a shuttle-rocket, that's what it's supposed to look like, he could have been origional and done something different, but then it wouldn't be a very good-looking rocket, which given this is LAOTW I think it should look good.

on the other hand yes, he copied the shading. /wristslap. mind you to an extent all shading is "copied" from somewhere. It's linerider, not an art program. Straight single-colored lines with a limited degree of positioning make only a select few shading techniques really work.

now if we're going to continue this discussion may I suggest a new thread in the meat pies forum? this is getting rather off-topic.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:07 am

Yobanjojoe wrote:I copied some of my monument from the greenday album howcome no-one trollls me??
Sad Sad
Because you didn't claim that you didn't. It's pretty obvious that you copied Green Day (the title) but at least you didn't try to hide it. If you said you didn't copy it (like Rapto did) then I would have been like :|, like I was with him.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:33 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Yobanjojoe wrote:I copied some of my monument from the greenday album howcome no-one trollls me??
Sad Sad
Because you didn't claim that you didn't. It's pretty obvious that you copied Green Day (the title) but at least you didn't try to hide it. If you said you didn't copy it (like Rapto did) then I would have been like :|, like I was with him.

Plus the greenday album cover wasnt made with line rider and came with a videa or someone drawing it.

killintime2791 wrote:personally, if i was going to draw a rocket I'd either do it from that angle, or mid-flight. for linerider though a flying rocket seems silly to me (not a massive fan of scenery just "floating") So I'd draw it from that angle.
Fair enough, but the rocket could of been from side or something. But i suppose your right

Yes it looks the same, because it's a shuttle-rocket, that's what it's supposed to look like, he could have been origional and done something different, but then it wouldn't be a very good-looking rocket, which given this is LAOTW I think it should look good.
To be good looking it doesnt have to be exactly the same. He could of used cross-hatching, he could of put 'Mff4' somewhere else but the exact same place sorv put 'nova', he could of made the rocket a slightly different shape, he could of not had that border in the wing like in sorvs (he could of filled it in). It goes on and on

on the other hand yes, he copied the shading. /wristslap. mind you to an extent all shading is "copied" from somewhere. It's linerider, not an art program. Straight single-colored lines with a limited degree of positioning make only a select few shading techniques really work.
There are so many different types of shading other than hatching; corss hatching; dots; so many more which i dont think have been named. Look at yoni in laotw 12, thats completely different to almost any shading youll see on lr, and is cool (sorry for pointing my own stuff out). Look at the rocks at the start in BS, THAT PWNS and it is so far from hatching. Sure, those are rock shading and prob wont look good on a rocket, but if theres so many shading for rocks, there will be so much shading for a rocket. Get what im saying?

Replied in bold.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:07 pm

I didn't mean for you to keep arguing >.>
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Smit5y wrote:
killintime2791 wrote:personally, if i was going to draw a rocket I'd either do it from that angle, or mid-flight. for linerider though a flying rocket seems silly to me (not a massive fan of scenery just "floating") So I'd draw it from that angle.
Fair enough, but the rocket could of been from side or something. But i suppose your right
It could of been, but it would possibly have been less recognisable as a rocket from that angle and harder to draw

To be good looking it doesnt have to be exactly the same. He could of used cross-hatching, he could of put 'Mff4' somewhere else but the exact same place sorv put 'nova', he could of made the rocket a slightly different shape, he could of not had that border in the wing like in sorvs (he could of filled it in). It goes on and on
most rockets if you'll note have writing in that spot, usually the name of the rocket or a flag. the list of things he copied from sorv and the list of things a real rocket would have are basically the same.

There are so many different types of shading other than hatching; corss hatching; dots; so many more which i dont think have been named. Look at yoni in laotw 12, thats completely different to almost any shading youll see on lr, and is cool (sorry for pointing my own stuff out). Look at the rocks at the start in BS, THAT PWNS and it is so far from hatching. Sure, those are rock shading and prob wont look good on a rocket, but if theres so many shading for rocks, there will be so much shading for a rocket. Get what im saying?
dot shading is near-impossible in linerider on this type of scenery because, even in superzoom, all lines have a minimum length and the same width. the scenery would need to be massive to compensate. hatching is an easy style of scening that looks good on mechanical things. that is all.

Replied in bold.

Replied in underlined.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:24 pm

who cares what he entered? i've copied the sorv space shuttle before, when he released that video i was like "OMG OMG THATS THE BEST THING EVER HAS TO DRAW IT"

so who cares if he drew that, just think of it like rocks people have copied techdawgs rocks/bs rocks and almost all kinds of rocks. so stop fighting over one drawing.
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:28 am

KillinTime2792 wrote:
Smit5y wrote:
It could of been, but it would possibly have been less recognisable as a rocket from that angle and harder to draw
So it bieng harder to draw makes it worse?

most rockets if you'll note have writing in that spot, usually the name of the rocket or a flag. the list of things he copied from sorv and the list of things a real rocket would have are basically the same.
Oh, so theres absolutely no creativity in LR. Everything has to be exactly the same as in rl. No, there are plenty of places to put the writing and it would still be recognisable as a rocket.

dot shading is near-impossible in linerider on this type of scenery because, even in superzoom, all lines have a minimum length and the same width. the scenery would need to be massive to compensate. hatching is an easy style of scening that looks good on mechanical things. that is all.
There are more shading than dot shading, and besides, i do dot shading all the time. Wouldnt really work on a rocket. TBH i think the rocket would look good if the shading was just black. The hatching could of been vertical or diagonal aswell. There are so many different shading he could of done which would work well on something mecanical, possibly even better.

Replied in bold.

Replied in underlined.

Replied in italics.
(oh, and soz ghosty)
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:00 am

Smit5y wrote:
KillinTime2792 wrote:
Smit5y wrote:
So it bieng harder to draw makes it worse?

Oh, so theres absolutely no creativity in LR. Everything has to be exactly the same as in rl. No, there are plenty of places to put the writing and it would still be recognisable as a rocket.

There are more shading than dot shading, and besides, i do dot shading all the time. Wouldnt really work on a rocket. TBH i think the rocket would look good if the shading was just black. The hatching could of been vertical or diagonal aswell. There are so many different shading he could of done which would work well on something mecanical, possibly even better.

Replied in bold.

Replied in underlined.

Replied in italics.
(oh, and soz ghosty)
Spoiler:
replied with Chuck Norris, thsi discussion have now ended
(oh, and soz ghosty)
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:41 am

geez guys.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirobi Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:50 am

So... Did I win yet?
Nirobi
Nirobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:28 pm

Lankher, obviously...
Atleast that's the one i voted for
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:22 am

Congratulations to Nirobi. Very Happy
I really wish I could give trophies so people didn't have to bug Rabid about it. :P
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:26 am

Commandercoke wrote:Congratulations to Nirobi. Very Happy
I really wish I could give trophies so people didn't have to bug Rabid about it. :P
Speaking of which, I am still owed one...
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:05 pm

^You'll have to irritate an admin about that. Aka Rabid.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:51 am

I'll get all awards out now...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel