We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Final Four Poll #1

+28
Traxis
doneyear
aspi33
Stickheadz32
Nirobi
Purtle
Lankher
Yobanjojoe
linerage
Wizzy
pure5152
Hedgehogs4Me
Orthuss
Commandercoke
chaomocha
Smitsy
Painlobster
SethComposerGuy
Rafael
iPi
Cereal
Votale
CamQuartr
Absox
Georgio_jc
Wolf_Spirit
MartinJulenissen
rabid squirrel
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Which one is your favorite?

Final Four Poll #1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%Final Four Poll #1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 24 ]
Final Four Poll #1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%Final Four Poll #1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 24 ]

Total Votes : 48

Poll closed

Final Four Poll #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Final Four Poll #1

Post by MartinJulenissen Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:33 pm

i didnt mean recreat like in recreat, i meant recreat like in ur not making tricks that are really "new", but they are new in a diffrent way
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:37 pm

MartinJulenissen wrote:i didnt mean recreat like in recreat, i meant recreat like in ur not making tricks that are really "new", but they are new in a diffrent way

Are you trying to say recreate? You're confusing me. xD
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:40 pm

lets keep it that way Suspicious
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by ZxGjReP Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:07 pm

i...choose... incito. after an impossible choice.

also, incito was the first major track to throughly inspire me. after i watched the contest maker, hedge's track vision, and that was extremely fluent. but incito just never gets old. at least for me.

ZxGjReP

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:08 pm

To everyone barging about Incito and Vision: Thought this was a poll not a debate between which is more inventive Suspicious
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:23 pm

holy crap it's tied
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:44 am

Was it supposed to end today?
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:47 am

WAIT :O
I could be the last vote Hehe Hedge, Aspi, beg for my mercy :| DO IT
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:31 am

and we are tied Suspicious
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:41 am

aspi33 wrote: Ok, I do not want that mark on me. Have you EVER seen eg. (from Incito) the "nose-combo fling", the "nose combo asdf", the "tail pinch", not-fakie inv nose flanual, etc before Incito? These are specific tricks. If you are looking for general inventions, then the new stuff I successfully executed (may invented) and innovated in Incito was: combo flings (combining several contact points in the same frame), "spidey-to-both" hand flings (alternating between string pull and whole pull of hands (and feet)), double alt. flings, and I kinda invented the inversed 2. pos feet fling. I tried my very best to think inventive in Incito, but where it wasn't possible, I innovated. I invented when people thought everything was invented. I'm not a simple rip-off!
Well.. The non-fakie inverted nose flanual thing is in Nuclear Fission too, but whatever, you're right about what you said :P
I understand what MJ means, it's what I tried to say too xD
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:59 am

NO, NOT 23 TO 24 IN FAVOR OF INCITO D:

Actually, grats to either person who wins Thumbs Up
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by LineGremlin Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:36 am

Not sure if it still counts, but my vote goes to Vision, which evens things out

LineGremlin

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:58 am

Rafael wrote:
aspi33 wrote: Ok, I do not want that mark on me. Have you EVER seen eg. (from Incito) the "nose-combo fling", the "nose combo asdf", the "tail pinch", not-fakie inv nose flanual, etc before Incito? These are specific tricks. If you are looking for general inventions, then the new stuff I successfully executed (may invented) and innovated in Incito was: combo flings (combining several contact points in the same frame), "spidey-to-both" hand flings (alternating between string pull and whole pull of hands (and feet)), double alt. flings, and I kinda invented the inversed 2. pos feet fling. I tried my very best to think inventive in Incito, but where it wasn't possible, I innovated. I invented when people thought everything was invented. I'm not a simple rip-off!
Well.. The non-fakie inverted nose flanual thing is in Nuclear Fission too, but whatever, you're right about what you said :P

Notice the not fakie part of it. It's harder (usually how I do new things, because they're so hard that they haven't been invented yet. You only need the patience to do it.).

Btw; 24-24. Haha, how will this end? xD
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:28 am

since we are on the subject, that alternating nose and string asdf, I pulled off in Frantic ( looking at it again, it was just the last 4 lines at :58 seconds that I did it, so I don't know if that really counts.) Also, the inversed hand combo asdf, I pulled that off in Burning Bright at :41 seconds. (thought it just alternated between the 2 hands, but now that I look at it closer, it looks exactly like what you did in Incito and what you described in the video.)

wow @ the poll. so intense xD
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:11 am

SethComposerGuy wrote:since we are on the subject, that alternating nose and string asdf, I pulled off in Frantic ( looking at it again, it was just the last 4 lines at :58 seconds that I did it, so I don't know if that really counts.) Uhm, it's really short, and it's not very innovated. Like, anom has done un-invented things yet, if so, because he has done a couple of lines of the tricks. But he hasn't "controlled" them.

Also, the inversed hand combo asdf, I pulled that off in Burning Bright at :41 seconds. (thought it just alternated between the 2 hands, but now that I look at it closer, it looks exactly like what you did in Incito and what you described in the video.) Looks pretty valid to me, but could've been stronger, especially the other direction.

wow @ the poll. so intense xD

Replied in bold. I think that I was the first on the first one, and on the second one, Leomur was first :P
What I meant was that I was the first to consciously make use of the tricks, think about their possibilities and innovate them. That's kinda the true invention. This is what eg. Hedge did with the asdf, and more. And kinda what I did here. Noone had ever studied the alt fling and used it like that inb4 (some might say OII, but I don't agree. The alt. flings there are not innovated, and who knows why The Conun didn't).
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:21 pm

aspi33 wrote:
Rafael wrote:

Notice the not fakie part of it. It's harder (usually how I do new things, because they're so hard that they haven't been invented yet. You only need the patience to do it.).

Btw; 24-24. Haha, how will this end? xD
Notice the non-fakie part of it, lmfao xD
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:27 pm

I didn't vote. D: I just watched Incito again, and I begin to realise how awesome it was. Not awesome as in ''oh, awesome'', no it was really ''OMG! That's... AWESOMESAUCE!'' Incito had more ''style'' than Vision, I think.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:03 pm

MartinJulenissen wrote:lets look it this way

Hedge made trick

Aspi recreat

people tryign to recreat what aspi did which hedge did before

purtle comments like he dont care that much

problem?

EDIT: and ofc, Hedge era and Aspi era is diffrent, Hedge = smooth yet kinda hard, Aspi = hard and yet kinda HARD
Let me attempt to end this debate on who invented what and etc. with a timeline that I'm reasonably sure we can all agree on that concerns the history of flings:

• Anomaly invents "gravity well cannons" (in Spring Fling)
  • ZNF coins the term "fling" for gravity well cannons, and popularizes the style of using them along with manuals to create what some may consider "flow" today. (even though that really isn't an accurate term but it's stuck) He also invents XY flings (in Flynx)
  • Conundrumer basically invents alt flings in Omniverse 2 Beta (basically 2 every-other-frame flings alternating)
  • Hedgehogs4Me takes alt flings to the next level, with many kinds of alt flings that nobody had ever seen before, including many kinds of alt fling rolls (like riding a bicycle) and ASDFs (alternating single-direction flings - two different contact points, one direction)
  • aspi, (along with others, I believe, like SCG/IGGB/maybe more), without actually inventing anything with as much impact fling-wise, makes some more never-before-seen fling types
It's not like aspi was copying vision any more than you copy ZNF when you make an XY fling.

There's a recurring issue of people "inventing" a trick only to discover that it was made before, and the maker didn't think it was all that special. For example, there's an asdf in Uncertainty Principle by Ride Liner, and Rafael made aspi's "foot manual" trick before Incito.

By the way, it's "recreate". "Recreat" is not a word.

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:08 pm

i think i forgot to add the jk, so i will add it now

jk
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:11 pm

lol tocc recreate but for like 4th place
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:02 pm

I think we'll need a tiebreaker poll..
:|
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Norbi - invented goats
Ac - invented sex
Hedge - invented line rider sex
Aspi - reinvented Line rider sex shortly after hedge Suspicious
LineBeast - invented lurking
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Wizzy wrote:Norbi - invented goats
Ac - invented sex
Hedge - invented line rider sex
Aspi - reinvented Line rider sex shortly after hedge Suspicious
LineBeast - invented lurking

I thought that FC invented goats Suspicious
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:16 pm

No, 'tis Norbi who invented the goat and thus the birth of the famous quote 'In Goat We Trust' was created
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:06 am

I guess we need a 24 hour LCC tiebreaker xD
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel