We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The reason i'm making short tracks.(i need help)

+10
iPi
Kohuda
Painlobster
GhostY
Wizzy
LineMagiX
Helios Pavonine
Smitsy
Catz
linerage
14 posters

Go down

The reason i'm making short tracks.(i need help) Empty The reason i'm making short tracks.(i need help)

Post by linerage Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:05 am

:| im making a track right now which i really tried hard on, and think might kick butts... on the first day i made it, which was like yesterday, i made 8 seconds. Today i made two seconds with the same time. it just felt hard to produce any lines after the first day for me. I tried to keep my inspirations flowing by watching other peoples videos but it doesnt work... is it just because i need a break in lr or do i have short attention span...

i do have another project which is alt quirk so yah i have something to work on when im bored of this, but i cant seem to draw lines on that either, and that only has five seconds. I want to finish the track, but it's killing me... i either kill the flow or kill bosh atm. might it just because i ran into a dead end or might it just be that i'm permanently uninspired in linerider :|
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

The reason i'm making short tracks.(i need help) Empty Re: The reason i'm making short tracks.(i need help)

Post by Catz Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:38 am

When i have this prob. i just begin an other new track like 5s or so.. and then i wait some time and it's fine then 8D Dunno if it works for you
Catz
Catz

Back to top Go down

The reason i'm making short tracks.(i need help) Empty Re: The reason i'm making short tracks.(i need help)

Post by Smitsy Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:20 am

Happens to me too, just short attention spam (i hope). Tip: start scening something and never work on anything but it, then when you get so bored of scenery continure the track.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:06 am

It happened to me too once. I couldn't draw a large curve because my sense of smoothness was totally gone, but if you take a small break I think you'll be fine and can draw lines again.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:12 pm

othnx Very Happy
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:09 pm

I have the same problem bud. It's the reason why my longest tracks are only around 40 seconds long. Tips on how to keep interest on single tracks:

-ONLY work on one project at a time. Starting on other boredom killers that you really like will result in a ton of short tracks never being finished.
-Do your best to stay inspired. Watch other tracks, try out new ideas, discuss LR with other members.
-Will power. FORCE yourself to work on your track if inspiration alone isn't doing it.

That's the best i have to offer i have to give as far as help. I used to be in the same boat as you. (Tbh, i still am) Smile
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:51 pm

~boo wrote:I have the same problem bud. It's the reason why my longest tracks are only around 40 seconds long. Tips on how to keep interest on single tracks:

-ONLY work on one project at a time. Starting on other boredom killers that you really like will result in a ton of short tracks never being finished.
-Do your best to stay inspired. Watch other tracks, try out new ideas, discuss LR with other members.
-Will power. FORCE yourself to work on your track if inspiration alone isn't doing it.

That's the best i have to offer i have to give as far as help. I used to be in the same boat as you. (Tbh, i still am) Smile

dang thanks .boo, with your tips i made about five second more and now im trapped again... but at least it helped Very Happy thanks
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:00 pm

No problem mate. ^^
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:57 pm

IMO, it sounds to me like you're asking yourself why your bored xD
hard work = boring.

If you have totally awesome fun skills (like me) you can find fun in working hard. Hehe im totally screwing with you thats not true at all.

Anyway, what I do is I usually just do it. No inspiration (most of the time) and just opening up my track and just continue working without thinking about having fun or being bored. That's what usually does it for me and I get a good couple hundred lines in or so. If however I do get bored, Facebook and IRtL :|

edit: and @ what boo said about will power, NO, dont do that xD you dont need to force yourself to do something you dont want to. It is entirely up to you, and don't think you have to please people just to be proud of yourself, just do whatever you want and have fun with it. Will power is NOT a necessity in line rider xD whoever said that is lolfail
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:03 pm

when i get uninspired i can't watch other tracks because of dial-up so i just take a break from it for a week or two. or sometimes i scene and when i get bored of that i start on the track again :3
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Painlobster Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:20 pm

I'll tell you how I make my tracks and maybe it'll help you out.

I always work at night (like 10-11 oclock), wear my headphones, put on my favourite music (some sort of chilled out trance, house w/e) and just draw. I never worry about what's coming next, or how many shoulder flings I've used, or how many lines I've stacked. I just roll with whatever comes out.

Also, I gather that people like to delete parts of the track that they think "don't flow" or "aren't up to standards". Tomfoolery I say. Sometimes a part will look meh on it's own, but will work out in the grand scheme of things.

But yeah, there's no forcing involved. If you're bored then you're bored, so f*** it.

Hope I helped Smile .
Painlobster
Painlobster

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:15 am

wow you guys really know your stuff Eep thanks so much! i've been able to draw lines way easier now! no wonder u guys are 1337 Very Happy
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:16 am

We've been doing this for 3 years dude, we know our stuff. Eep
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:18 am

Fun fact: I started playing Line Rider 3 years ago too. You didn't expect that, did you?
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:59 am

Podpack wrote:Fun fact: I started playing Line Rider 3 years ago too. You didn't expect that, did you?

I started playing 4 years ago on October 26th :|
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:35 pm

I always have that, that's why my tracks are repetive sometimes. I don't know what to do anymore then. I just do something else when I'm not inspired. Then I open LR and I'm like "WOW, why didn't I think of that before!" and I draw something cool.
Also, when you're stuck, delete your part. That saves SO much time.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:37 pm

thanks for all your help! but the last few posts were kinda the same thing as the ones in the front, but that's okay 8D
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:45 pm

here is the Mj way of makign tracks Suspicious jk

-Listen to music from tracks that inspires you, cus it will pump you up

-try to start on the editing to force yourself to finish the track, cus u dont want that editing to be leaved alone

-dont start any other tracks, if you want a boredom killer then use ur track for it, it might suck but atleast u can finish tracks

-if you end up uninspired, then dont do LR to make new tracks, it will lead to tons of tracks like .boo said

-watch tracks that inspire you, doesnt have to be the same style, for 2 months i watched lilac wine while i made XY

-DO NOT GET UR SELF TOO STUCK, delete lines and start over, cus getting stuck is the worst way to get inspired

- if you get frustrated, do soemthign else than Lr, cus being frustrated while makign tracks makes ur track slow, and leaves you with nothing else but rage

i dunno if this post has any meaning but im trying to help
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:54 pm

I'll add one more thing. I do LR whenever I feel like I have nothing to do. Like when I'm on an 18 hour flight to china and just happen to have my Macbook with me :P
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Edgewing Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:59 pm

whenever i get a feeling like that, it means im in the mood for a different style. thats why on my computer i have every style of track saved on to my computer so when i want to do a style, i continue that track
Edgewing
Edgewing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down