We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Back!!!

+17
Cereal
Lone Rocket
14mRh4X0r
weebit
Slyther Demon
Hedgehogs4Me
Rafael
Purtle
ACwazHere
LineRiderGjert
Chuggers
Blesshiscottonsocks
Phyxius
Olecool
Sheldon
CHiH
rabid squirrel
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welcome Back!!! Empty Welcome Back!!!

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:05 am

Or rather, welcome for the first time to your new temporary home :P

The staff of IRTL (me and mah buddehz) have gotten virtually no response from TD. When I get home, I'll call him, but for now, we have this. It just so happened that around when the site went down I was mulling over a bunch of things I thought were problems with IRTL. I ended up creating a site (much like this one) for the IRTL team place, mostly so I could share my thoughts with the staff team, and I made one of my signature rant-like posts about everything that had been on my mind.

ANYWAY, we/I decided to make this forum as not only a substitute for IRTL, but a sort of experiment for a better forum structure. I'll make a list of changes you may notice (It'll be a long one)

PLEASE READ ALL OF THIS, IT IS ALL IMPORTANT!

Forum Sections & Layout

• Except for Rules & Announcements, the movies section is now at the top. Hopefully this can help us focus more on Line Rider.
  • Previews have been moved to the movies section, and Engaged Riding has been combined into IRTL Website. GFX is under Off Topic, but not IN Off Topic.
  • There is a new "Your Website" section in Off Topic. Please note that nothing that directly involves money is allowed.
  • Introduce Yourself is now Hello/Goodbye
  • No Poll of the Day, Line Art of the Week, or Member Awards, for now. We may put them back in soon/sometime.
  • Contests, Battles, and Clans are no longer organized by staff. Organize them yourselves :P We may create an occasional "featured" contest, but for the most part this stuff is open ended, for now.
  • No more Premium Tutorials - instead we will make a Master Tutorial List sticky, and link to all the "Premium" tutorials in it.
  • GFX section is open ended - there may be "GFX mods" sometime soon, who may run SotF or sticky shops. We may also create subforums, but for now it's just one big forum.
  • Stickies are much more consistent and universal! Well, they aren't while I am typing this, but I'm going to make them all soon before I tell you guys about this forum :P In any case, read them. There is will be an in-progress Help FAQ, a Master Tut List, and other cool stuff like that.
As you can see, we're trying to not overburden the staff as much as we were. We're going to try to take things more slowly and make sure something works before starting something else. But there's more stuff about the forum besides the forum sections.

Usergroups/Ranks/Awards:

• The ranks of Jr. Admin & Elite Mod are gone. They were dumb. xD (especially considering that all admins must have the same powers on this forum)
  • Power Riders are gone. Yep, we decided it was a bad idea. Also, GFX riders are gone as well.
  • Actually, nobody has any ranks or PIP bars. If anyone has the old PIPs or is willing to make new ones that are close to what the old ones were, we will be very happy Smile For now, all we have is colored names (and you can see who is in what usergroup)
  • MOTW winners no longer get a usergroup. Actually, there are no awards. Instead, we have "Award Points" (xD) you get a point whenever you win a contest or battle (if a staff member ok's it) or MOTW. Lolz.
  • For elites and LCC, we are starting over. We will the nomination/discussion system starting with the staff, and increasing as users are added.
Display, Rep, & Posts

• Reputation exists, but there is no rep power anymore, every +/- rep counts as 1.
  • There is a new "thanks" button that is the equivalent of +3 rep. I dunno exactly how it works, so I guess we'll find out xD If you want to thank somebody for posting something, press it 8D
  • "Posts" does not include posts in Off Topic. "Actual Post Count" does :P Sorry for being slightly confusing with the limitations of free forums and no coding skills.
  • I was able to get a few IRTL smileys, but we need more. I have D: but not with me (along with some others). We also need Thumbs Up and the better versions of :P and Wink... if you think of any more or have any more, please post. I will "thank" you. (xD)
  • Oh right. This is a very default look. I'm going to work on it. I've added some black-and-white line-rider-esque-I-hope forum icons and stuff, but if you would like to offer your GFX skills I would much appreciate it. I'll post a thread about this in the GFX section.
  • [noparse] tags no longer work Sad However, if you just have tags without anything in them, many tags will still show up. for example: [youtube][/youtube]
  • "Super Stickies" are basically just stickies that go above the other stickies.
Rules & Policies

• Rules! Our rules are much shorter now, I'm sure you will be pleased. Please reread them even if you have already read them at the old site.
  • While the rules are more relaxed and there are less of them, we will be cracking down more, in a way. The key factor that will determine your punishment is "Was this intentional? Does this person know that what they did was against the rules?"
  • There are no longer any infractions, but there will be unofficial warnings issued by the staff, and we will keep a log of them in Team Place.
  • Reported Posts! You still can report a post, and we will get to it. Use this button Welcome Back!!! Icon_post_report to report posts. There are some new reasons as well.
  • For elites and LCC Members, your rank is more temporary, and you may be demoted if your activity drops in as little as a month, or if we (staff) decide you're not setting a good example. However, this also makes it easier for people to achieve these ranks or for veterans to regain them.
  • Modified versions of Line Rider are not against the rules! Since this site is not affiliated with InXile, you may post these in the Collabs/Ideas section and distribute them to others. We may make a section for this sometime.
Shoutbox

• You must click "login" to activate the shoutbox. (This is a nice security feature as well, for those of you who remember the night of the javascript alerts)
  • Click "Archives" to view old shouts.
  • There is no shout deleting or editing (by ANYONE, even the staff). This means that everything you say is archived until a SB mod clears (prunes) it.
  • There are NO CENSORS in the shoutbox. Watch your mouth!!!
  • ALL BBcode works in the shoutbox.
  • Because of this, the staff will have to crack down on shoutbox rules. If you shout an obnoxiously large image or video, swear, or break any other rule, the shoutbox will have to be cleared, and you WILL be banned from the shoutbox for a period of time. Bans are not automatically given - the staff keeps track of them. If you want to know when your ban will be lifted or why you were banned, please PM a staff member (or all staff members at once)
WOW that's a lot of stuff!

Well anyways, We hope you enjoy the new/temporary IRTL! Please post and tell us what you think about everything!

Be happy 8-D

Rabid Squirrel

- IRTL Staff

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:34 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : added more stuff)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Welcome Back!!! Empty Re: Welcome Back!!!

Post by CHiH Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:19 am

Awesome job so far MrRabid Smile
CHiH
CHiH

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/user/system0101

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:28 am

Thanks.

Sweet I can press a button! *thanks*
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:07 am

Hi guys I hope we can call this homw
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Olecool Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:11 am

Finally..I still miss old IRtL thought..=/

Olecool

Back to top Go down

Post by Phyxius Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:14 am

Thank you guys! I love this! 8D
yes i still miss old one too D:
Phyxius
Phyxius

Back to top Go down

Post by Blesshiscottonsocks Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:25 am

ah shizzle sticks
Blesshiscottonsocks
Blesshiscottonsocks
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Phyxius Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:28 am

Yay BHCS! wohoo
Phyxius
Phyxius

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:29 am

finally someone made a site for this xD

glad to see so many familiar faces

/friendly person Stern but Fair
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by LineRiderGjert Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Amazing Rabid! ;]

Everyone note that this is just temporary, we never got a message that the old IRtL would stay down forever. It'll most likely go up again.
LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Good idea, Rabid.

Promote me nao. Stern but Fair
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:02 pm

i like this idea
"No more Premium Tutorials - instead we will make a Master Tutorial List sticky, and link to all the "Premium" tutorials in it."

O also very much like the idea of no powers, at least for now :P.

Also, I have all the "old" irtl smilies in a folder that i remember you gave me before the whole smiley revamp was done. If you want that let me know.

Although i really want the old irtl back up =/ And the new setup seems pretty good. But i like seeing the lastest posts thing at the top and the 10 last threads in the movies section or whatever it used to be.

Another thing is that the new setup is pretty good like i said, just...bland because well..its quite obvious. Not your fault though. This thing is just starting :P

1 more thing (sorry xP), is there a way so i can have it so the avatar are on the left? I don't like them on the right.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Welcome Back!!! Mbfclan.smilie.023Welcome Back!!! Mbfclan.smilie.psmile2Welcome Back!!! Mbfclan.smilie.srsWelcome Back!!! Mbfclan.smilie.eeeeepWelcome Back!!! Mbfclan.smilie.smilie1243436990Welcome Back!!! Mbfclan.smilie.invertdWelcome Back!!! Mbfclan.smilie.noez
here you are

these is from my own forum, here you go Smile

Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:42 am

Also note that I am determined to fix the colour codes as soon as possible. LRLs can stay as they are if they want, though Hehe

EDIT: I fixed them all except mods (and LRLs). I wasn't sure if rabid put mods between the normal-mod 018201 and the emod 00CC00 for a reason. And yes, that's from memory, as well as admin CC0000 and elite 3399CC. Geez Hedge, get a life =P
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:43 am

lol I just picked a darkish green off the color wheel.

Nice. :P
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:19 pm

I defy rabid. I have PotD.

Thanks for making this, it will sort of substitute.
Well, back to work, need to get up to 500 posts again 8D
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Traxis wrote:I defy rabid. I have PotD.

...Says who?
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:12 pm

I already made one, so I have one. So I say it.
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by weebit Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:17 pm

thank u rabid 8D
weebit
weebit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:36 am

herrooww I gave you smileys :|
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by 14mRh4X0r Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:48 am

why thank you.

and what rafael said.

EDIT: i still have the old logo if you want it
14mRh4X0r
14mRh4X0r

Nobody appreciates the term 'hacker' anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Rocket Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:35 am

So do none of the original IRtL leets get their rank on here, and we have to do it all over again? D: Because I noticed Purtle got it back already, xD.
Lone Rocket
Lone Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:56 am

I sure hope the old IRtL goes back up, but thanks for posting this!

I still think Power Rider should stay though... Wink
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:29 am

well, we're starting over with discussion, so you still have to get yesses and nos process, but many of the old elites will probably be promoted again.

EDIT: and thank you for the smileys Smile
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:03 pm

D: I am grey again? ;-;
(j/k)Great that you removed it.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next