We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

User Titles?

+2
LineBeast
Wolf_Spirit
6 posters

Go down

User Titles? Empty User Titles?

Post by Wolf_Spirit Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:06 am

Are we able to have user titles depending on our rank or post count? I just miss it slightly.....but if it's too difficult don't bother ^^
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

User Titles? Empty Re: User Titles?

Post by LineBeast Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:09 pm

I'll look into this for you.

UPDATE: I'm working with rabid/other admins to see if we can implement a mod/hack for this feature, as I don't think we can enable them by default. I can't make any promises, but I'll see what I can do.
LineBeast
LineBeast

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:19 am

Thanks so much ^^
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:39 am

In your profile, make the spot where it says ''humor'' your user title for now, it's easy, and the best thing until mhenr the admins hack one up. :P
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Rocket Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:24 am

Like I've said in another thread, I'm fairly sure you cannot implement mods onto preset phpBB forums, =/.
Lone Rocket
Lone Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:31 pm

well I did say 'if it's too difficult don't bother' and yeah I'll probably put summat on my humour
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:38 am

Well this really can't be done as it would have to be done manually for each member in the ACP.

UNLESS, they are willing to make a new Rank (not usergroup, as ranks manage the usertitle and PIP bar.) for every time a certain user wants to change their usertitle.

All they have to do is Make a new rank -> type in what the user wanted as their usertitle -> Add the Pip bar of the rank they were in before (If a user was a grey, that means upload the grey PIP bar in the box that says "Rank image/picture thingy or something like this" -> then add that specific user to that Rank.

They will still be able to stay in their usergroup (greys, lcc, elites, mods, etc.) but have a new usertitle.

As you can see, this may get annoying after awhile as it can only be added for one member each time you do it, so i suggest it only being used every once in awhile for contest prizes and stuff.

Forumotion is tricky and very limited, but that's the closest i could find to adding custom usertitles.
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:01 am

Usertitles are useless, they are only used to show annunncements or for just a lulzy message, but that's exactly what we do with the signature...
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by LineBeast Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:22 pm

Lone Rocket wrote:Like I've said in another thread, I'm fairly sure you cannot implement mods onto preset phpBB forums, =/.

That's what I'm afraid of...
LineBeast
LineBeast

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:16 pm

wolf_spirit wrote:well I did say 'if it's too difficult don't bother'
Everyone seems to think I'm forcing people to make the user titles.......
@ magiX I s'pose they are a bit pointless, but I do miss the user titles, but it doesn't matter that much anyway ^^
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down