We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFFICIAL - LCC ENTERING CONTEST (Disc/info)

+16
Phyxius
WTB
Olecool
Devray
rabid squirrel
crash2burn
baconat0r
Purtle
Georgio_jc
Slyther Demon
Wolf_Spirit
IoneRendar
Lone Rocket
Rafael
Kohuda
Hedgehogs4Me
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

OFFICIAL - LCC ENTERING CONTEST (Disc/info) - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - LCC ENTERING CONTEST (Disc/info)

Post by WTB Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:28 am

Can we contrinue on a track that we've already started? Or does it have to be solely created for this contest?

Also, can it be XY? Or does is have to be manual/quirky? Cause that's like the basis of all good track-making.

EDIT: WAIT, 'NOTHER QUESTION.

Will these new LCC ranks be temporary? If their permanent, then does that mean the people who WERE lcc at IRTL but AREN't here won't be lcc when the site gets back up?
WTB
WTB

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL - LCC ENTERING CONTEST (Disc/info) - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - LCC ENTERING CONTEST (Disc/info)

Post by Wolf_Spirit Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:45 pm

Right if I finish my collab in time, could I keep the collab the way it is but just make a crappy track around it to show the scenery in it?
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Devray Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:55 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:
Devray wrote:I dont think I should have to make a new track to get LCC when I was LCC on the old forum. -_-
Oh, so you think you're still worthy of LCC?
...prove it. That's what this contest is for. If you're not any better than other people, than we have no reason to promote you :P

Youve seen my tracks. You all know my skill level. Why do I have to prove it again? ;_; Surely tapeworm is LCC material still. I dont want to be forced to make a track to get back a rank that I already had =/
Devray
Devray

https://www.youtube.com/devrayy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:40 am

My connection is lagging too much to load the pictures for some reason, so there's no quote button to press. I'll just use quotation marks, then.

"Can we contrinue on a track that we've already started? Or does it have to be solely created for this contest?"
You can already have started it, it just has to be released between the day this thread was posted and the deadline.

"Also, can it be XY? Or does is have to be manual/quirky? Cause that's like the basis of all good track-making."
It can be whatever you want, as long as it's not hacked.
Heck, it could even be LR2, although I highly doubt you'd get into the LCC with a LR2 track.

"EDIT: WAIT, 'NOTHER QUESTION.

Will these new LCC ranks be temporary? If their permanent, then does that mean the people who WERE lcc at IRTL but AREN't here won't be lcc when the site gets back up?"
These LCC ranks are absolutely permanent.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Phyxius Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:42 am

I think i'm going to join 8D
Phyxius
Phyxius

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:27 am

Purtle wrote:lololololol

This could go so wrong though. Like if barely anyone but newbs enter. Also, i guess you did save yourself by saying you could get into LCC. If you said you would that would be a problem. I mean..because people who should have LCC would technically have it Wink.

I shud enter a pencil track 8D.

wow..... name one "newb" who said he/she is entering >_>

anyways, I suck at quirk, and manual tracks can't get you into LCC nowadays, but good luck to the entrants. Smile
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bjerre Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:21 pm

this sounds like a good idea 8D

and I will be judging lolwut Hehe
Bjerre
Bjerre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:30 pm

Great, this means im losing lcc permenantly. D: Seriously this fails =/Hedge, you have ruined Irtl when it goes up. This isnt real irtl so it should not have any affect when real irtl goes up.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:42 pm

Cereal wrote:wow..... name one "newb" who said he/she is entering >_>

I'm entering, so there is one ''newb'' for you. :|

I'm probably not gonna get LCC, but I might as well try, nothing to lose.. Unless you get demoted from gray if you don't get promoted D:
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:33 am

Cereal wrote:anyways, I suck at quirk, and manual tracks can't get you into LCC nowadays, but good luck to the entrants. Smile
RovanO was LCC for a long time before he went inactive, and now he's LRL; all for manual tracks.
Sheldon wrote:Great, this means im losing lcc permenantly. D: Seriously this fails =/Hedge, you have ruined Irtl when it goes up. This isnt real irtl so it should not have any affect when real irtl goes up.
You can still get LCC later, and we can always do an overhaul after this. I didn't mean that this was permanent like everyone who gets in now will have it in 2016 or whatever, I meant that they won't lose it when the real IRtL goes up. If we think later that you're worthy, you'll be promoted.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:50 am

really? @ H4M

in that case, I entered in the entry thread.

Last edited by Cereal on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StingDaFling Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:15 pm

I'd like to join.
I really need that LCC :P
StingDaFling
StingDaFling

https://www.youtube.com/user/StingDaFling

Back to top Go down

Post by WTB Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:58 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:

So that means if I don't make LCC from this, I won't be LCC when/if the old site comes back?
*bites fingernails*
WTB
WTB

Back to top Go down

Post by StingDaFling Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:01 pm

Wait a minute, this doesn't make any sense.
If everyone who was LCC way back on irtl isn't lcc here, then what about the lcc's here when we get back on irtl?
(facepalm)
StingDaFling
StingDaFling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:18 am

WTB wrote:
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:

So that means if I don't make LCC from this, I won't be LCC when/if the old site comes back?
*bites fingernails*
You can be promoted to LCC even if you don't get in through this contest, but you won't get promoted until after this contest is over. You do have a greater chance of being promoted if you do it through this contest, though.

StingDaFling wrote:Wait a minute, this doesn't make any sense.
If everyone who was LCC way back on irtl isn't lcc here, then what about the lcc's here when we get back on irtl?
(facepalm)
The LCCs here will be LCCs when we get back to the vB IRtL. This whole redoing-LCC thing was not just because we switched sites, but doing so made it more convenient. We hope that it'll prevent having to constantly having to kick members out xD
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StingDaFling Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:14 pm

k.
one moar queshtun

What happens if one track is short (maybe 450 lines or so) and another is long (.. 1000 lines?), but theyre at exactly the same skill level(well worthy for lcc)? would they both get lcc?
to prevent this problem you can consider having a length limit and a length minimum. a line minimum and limit wouldnt be good because people like Cereal are partial to manuals, which take up a lot of lines in little time.
If you want my opinion, here it is:
length limit: 50 seconds
length minimum: 30 seconds

i really dont want a long track and a short track going together, because obviously the longer track would win.. even if its a little worse than the shorter track Eep i wanna take Pluh and Erasus as examples.
StingDaFling
StingDaFling

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:41 pm

StingDaFling wrote:k.
one moar queshtun

What happens if one track is short (maybe 450 lines or so) and another is long (.. 1000 lines?), but theyre at exactly the same skill level(well worthy for lcc)? would they both get lcc?
Well, there's the issue of showing what you can do. If one person shows that they can do an extremely difficult trick and another person doesn't show it just because their track isn't long enough to fit it in, we're not going to assume that both of them can do the trick. Don't be lazy.
StingDaFling wrote:to prevent this problem you can consider having a length limit and a length minimum. a line minimum and limit wouldnt be good because people like Cereal are partial to manuals, which take up a lot of lines in little time.
If you want my opinion, here it is:
length limit: 50 seconds
length minimum: 30 seconds

i really dont want a long track and a short track going together, because obviously the longer track would win.. even if its a little worse than the shorter track Eep i wanna take Pluh and Erasus as examples.
50 seconds is way too short for a max. Not too long ago, 1:30 was the average for a track, and it'd be a pity to cap things at such a small amount. Be serious in your entry, this is not a boredom contest. This is proving that you're good enough to play with giants.
That being said, we'll try to not play favourites based on length alone, but definitely keep content in mind!
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StingDaFling Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:44 pm

ok, so youre saying that length doesnt matter.
..k Eep i can hang with that.
StingDaFling
StingDaFling

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2