We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member Awards?

+5
Kohuda
Rafael
Purtle
CHiH
Slyther Demon
9 posters

Go down

Member Awards? Empty Member Awards?

Post by Slyther Demon Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Are we going to do The Member Awards at the Temp Irtl? It was awesome at the old Irtl, and anyone who wins here can be kept on a list and have an award on the original Irtl.

On the downside, not as many members, so there isn't as many members, and people who could have one may not have a chance if they aren't here.
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Member Awards? Empty Re: Member Awards?

Post by CHiH Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:58 pm

I love this idea so much, I'm going to pour gas on it and light a match!
CHiH
CHiH

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/user/system0101

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:04 pm

Was that sarcasm or not, the way you said was ''It's so good I'm gonna burn it'' which could be sarcasm, or you don't like it. Explain 8D
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:44 pm

TBH, i don't think it would be that great of an idea. Like you said, A lot of people would probably get awards here that wouldnt at the regular IRTL. and if when the real IRTL comes back and the people get the awards that they had here it wouldn't really be fair.

Thts just one reason.

Another is that...well maybe im wrong but to me the staff made it seem like they have quite a bit of other stuff to do so far.

*shrug*
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by CHiH Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:53 pm

Yeah, it was sarcasm 8D

This, more than anything else, was the biggest chore on the site BY FAR. A staff member had to go through the entering thread, count the number of nominations in six categories. Then we had to check the nominees to make sure they didn't already have a trophy (this step was optional *cough*AC*cough*).

Then, after that, for each of six polls we had to copy/paste the previous thread, edit in the new names, post the poll, and then edit in the bonus votes by hand.

I know that many members loved the awards system. But to do it right took well over a solid hour of work, and that really all had to be done at once. So, all that considered, we normally drew straws to see who had to do it any particular month. AC did a great job with it the last few months (noone else was doing it...)
CHiH
CHiH

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:48 am

CHiH wrote:Yeah, it was sarcasm 8D

This, more than anything else, was the biggest chore on the site BY FAR. A staff member had to go through the entering thread, count the number of nominations in six categories. Then we had to check the nominees to make sure they didn't already have a trophy (this step was optional *cough*AC*cough*).

Then, after that, for each of six polls we had to copy/paste the previous thread, edit in the new names, post the poll, and then edit in the bonus votes by hand.

I know that many members loved the awards system. But to do it right took well over a solid hour of work, and that really all had to be done at once. So, all that considered, we normally drew straws to see who had to do it any particular month. AC did a great job with it the last few months (noone else was doing it...)
what's one hour in a frickin month?

but I neither think Nominations should come right now :P
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:50 am

Will i keep my month's friendliest award?
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Rocket Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:36 am

AFAIK, you cannot get award sections in user's postbits on premade phpBB forums. We could get them on old IRtL because it was a mod which was added on to the vBulliten layout, and I'm pretty certain you cannot add mods on to premade phpBB forums, as it needs to be added into the coding for the forum, which you cannot access with these types of forums. This is speaking from experience, but an old experience, I.E. I haven't used the latest versions of the phpBB used on these forums, so I'm not sure whether they've added it or not.
Although, this fact doesn't stop staff from having a thread with the winning member's names on each category. However, I agree with Purtle that it would be unfair to bring these awards over on to old IRtL, as the members that won awards over here might not nessessarily get the awards over there.
Lone Rocket
Lone Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:00 am

so does this mean we WILL have the member awards or not? Beacuse it makes us loyal IRtL-ers more able to get a award, the only problem is, as CHIH explained it takes alot of time
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CHiH Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Rafael wrote:what's one hour in a frickin month?

On top of everything else we had to do, that one hour was equivalent to torture.
CHiH
CHiH

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:22 pm

CHiH wrote:Yeah, it was sarcasm 8D

I know what you mean, you get tired quickly, you will alsoget annoyed by checking for name spelling errors.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:40 pm

So no Member Awards? I was just wondering, I guess there were lots of valids reasons, it would make sense to not do it.

And for the ''What's 1 hour in a month'' Technically, it has to be set in a certain (I'm guessing first) week of that month, and no one is actually on for 24 hours straight (being active, not lurking) So it gets cut down to about 3 days, and 1 hour in 3 days with everything else they do, MotW, etc., can be alot of work.
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:44 pm

hmm... since TechDawg is taking so long, I actually think this is a good idea!

we'll have AT LEAST 6 months before it's up I bet.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny Bravo III ESQ Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:05 pm

To save yourself the trouble you can just give them to me.
Johnny Bravo III ESQ
Johnny Bravo III ESQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:04 pm

Johnny Bravo III ESQ wrote:To save yourself the trouble you can just give them to me.

I lol'd

If we don't do them, then there is nothing to get, and if there is nothing to get, we can't give anything to you 8D
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down