We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Make a Track Fun/Enjoyable. (My Perspective)

+3
Rafael
darklight
Votale
7 posters

Go down

How to Make a Track Fun/Enjoyable. (My Perspective) Empty How to Make a Track Fun/Enjoyable. (My Perspective)

Post by Votale Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:40 am

Hey guys. I see some tracks that are very enjoyable, and fun to watch, such as Vita by Splashzone. For some reason I love to watch this track, but why? Is it the tricks? Maybe the speed? Nope. Well let me tell you my perspective on how to make a fun and enjoyable track.

~ Be unpredictable, spontaneous, but not random. Make the track flow, and try never to have a boring part. Keep people on their toes. This is what I try to do as I develop my style, is to be unpredictable.

~ The song is a big part of it. In Vita, Splash uses a great song (dubstep), that is very catchy and up-beat. If he had used a scream-o song, I probably would have not watched the whole track. Use original, fun music.

Those are two VERY big parts of a fun track. Anomaly does a perfect job of this. He uses great songs, and his tracks never bore me because I never know what's coming next.

I've had a list of songs I've been wanting to use that are classics, or at least still up-beat and funny/awesome to listen to over a LR track. People can use theses if wanted:

- Stayin' Alive by Bee Gees
- (I Just) Died In Your Arms by Cutting Crew
- Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
- Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi
- Fly Away by Lenny Kravitz
- Take On Me by A-ha
- Hungry Like The Wolf by Duran Duran
- I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness
- I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
- YMCA by Village People

You see, none of those are fast-paced techno stuff. It's either a classic or just a funny song ^^ I would enjoy tracks with those songs on it, maybe even just because of the song. There are ways to make a track less fun then it could be, especially by making it way too intense. I think Hedge accomplished this in Cold Fusion 3. It started off with a fun song with an interesting beat plus a slow, fun track that was somewhat stop and go. Then, the after on shoulder fling, the track became so fast and the song changed to the most intense thing ever, and I stopped enjoying right there. The speed and song mix made it way less enjoyable, and way too intense. This is why I enjoyed Vision better, it had a strange yet funny song to it.

You can make a slow-paced unpredictable track with a fun song and have the track very enjoyable. I try to do this in my tracks, and it seems to work most of the time, Anomaly does it also. One other person that uses good songs, is Cereal. Well, that's all for now. Post comments on your thoughts about how to make a fun track ^^
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

How to Make a Track Fun/Enjoyable. (My Perspective) Empty Re: How to Make a Track Fun/Enjoyable. (My Perspective)

Post by darklight Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:45 am

hmm, scenery, adding things like integration, barrel rolls, ollies (lol), or even pinches for me make a track more enjoyable
darklight
darklight

Back to top Go down

How to Make a Track Fun/Enjoyable. (My Perspective) Empty Re: How to Make a Track Fun/Enjoyable. (My Perspective)

Post by Votale Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:53 am

Integration and stuff like that are part of the unpredictability factor I talked about. You're right, they do make a track much more enjoyable.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Nice thread.

Another thing what makes me enjoy a track is one thing: Smoothness.
Tracks with good use of airtime, synced to the music. Make all tricks stand out, and not just make them so you can say "I made one".
I don't want to see a track, I want to watch a track. To watch a track I have to see what's happening. This is also why I say you should NEVER add very short tricks that go by too fast. If there's too much happening, I get distracted and stop concentrating on a track.
This is why I love Cold Fusion. Every tricks is noticable and the use of airtime is really nice.

I also a second of Phonolite scened (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL5p-0UAwqU). It really stood out to me.
It's the nose well chain at 1:39. I can't really describe it, but it's really smooth.
Anyway that's my view 8D
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:01 pm

I don't like it when people cram all the tricks in as fast as possible. Yes, that's a style and it's fun, but not when everyone does it and every track some people make is like that.

I ALWAYS think we could all learn something by watching anomaly. Pendulum.... I've watched that track a ridiculous number of times.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:59 pm

^That's what I'm saying @ Rabid ^^

I hate it when a track is so fast I can't see the tricks.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Painlobster Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:16 pm

I think more people should start looking at rotation of bosh. Tracks with bosh rotating very quickly (like anomaly's stuff) interest me more than tracks that have rotation only to accomodate different types of flings.
Painlobster
Painlobster

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:18 pm

And that's what makes you very unique PL, you have some amazing rotation, which is your distinguished style, and that unpredictability makes your tracks unique Smile
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:59 pm

votale sometimes too much surprises isnt good. it might give people a heart attack.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:44 am

Well then everyone would be dead after watching a Anomaly or Leomur track ^^
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:53 am

linerage wrote:votale sometimes too much surprises isnt good. it might give people a heart attack.
That's wrong.

It's just... not right.

Incorrect.

False.

You lose. :|

unless it was a joke, in which case I lose.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:48 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
linerage wrote:votale sometimes too much surprises isnt good. it might give people a heart attack.
That's wrong.

It's just... not right.

Incorrect.

False.

You lose. :|

unless it was a joke, in which case I lose.
Isn't it true?
At least that's how The River felt to me.

Also
LOL, HEART ATTACK, LOL.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:53 am

The River didn't give me a heart attack, it bored me. It was just a big jumble of superspeed compactness. Not once was I like "WHOA" while watching it.

and lol xD
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:34 am

Thanks Votale. :O I think the way to make tracks enjoyable to others is to enjoy making it. You have to think of ways to surprise the watcher where he is anxious about what is coming next, and that's where surprising tricks, airtime suspense, music syncing, faster rotation or speed, and stuff like that comes into play.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down