We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constructibility in Line Rider

2 posters

Go down

Constructibility in Line Rider Empty Constructibility in Line Rider

Post by gaoyubao Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:18 pm

Hey guys! I've been thinking about this for a while, and finally around to (trying to) write it neatly: constructibility in Line Rider. I'm talking about formal constructibility in geometry, as in, what can we construct using certain tools and rules. The classic example is compass-and-straightedge construction. Well, my question is: what is constructible using Line Rider? Because I wanted the answer to be "as much as compass-and-straightedge," I use some questionable rules, but I think it's all pretty reasonable (theoretically; in practice it's awful).

Here's the document: download link.

It's pretty badly written, especially since I've never really written about math in English, but hopefully for the 0 of you who are interested, you can understand roughly what I mean. And if you have any corrections or improvements (like weakening the axioms), please let me know!

By the way, the idea was to use as few rules as possible, so I wasn't going to use the special line-adjusting features of LRA and LRJS. I still had to use XYZ snap.
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Constructibility in Line Rider Empty Re: Constructibility in Line Rider

Post by FlagCapper Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:30 am

It's a bit contrived, but I see what you're getting at. It'd probably be more interesting if there was a version of line rider that actually represented points in terms of rational or algebraic numbers rather than floating point approximations, since otherwise this sort of thing doesn't really hold up.

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down