We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE]

5 posters

Go down

Vote for up to eight videos

Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_lcap14%Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 15 ]
Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_lcap9%Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 9 ]
Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_lcap8%Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 8 ]
Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_lcap5%Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]
Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_lcap13%Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 14 ]
Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_lcap8%Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 8 ]
Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_lcap11%Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_lcap10%Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 10 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]
Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_lcap9%Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 104

Poll closed

Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Empty Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE]

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Vote for up to eight videos!

Three of these will be eliminated, the rest will move on to round 2!

Entries:

1. Manual Mayhem X by Sorvius
  2. Cold Fusion 3 by Hedgehogs4Me
  3. Integration by anomaly76
  4. Bipolar by samthepoor
  5. Mysteria III by Commandercoke and Cereal
  6. Valence 2 by Sheldon
  7. Mt. Olxympus by LineMagiX
  8. NIGHTMARE by Summoning
  9. Triumph by Inukaza
  10. KING by Z_N-Freak
  11. Origin by Lukking
  12. Multiverse by Kramwood

Rules:
- Watch all tracks before voting (if you've seen them before, a re-watch is recommended but not required)
- Please don't vote for yourself.
Exception: You can vote for 'yourself' for large collabs (e.g. community scenery projects, clan projects, or LCC projects)
- No begging/bribing/duping or otherwise cheating
- We will not change your vote after you cast it - make sure it's accurate

Embedded videos:
Spoiler:

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE] Empty Re: Round #1 - Poll #6 [REMADE]

Post by Rafael Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:52 pm

My bad xD
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:16 am

*WARNING I AM..... actually I'm not in a bad mood. Huh. Let's unpack this.

I can't say most of these tracks have much to say besides "look at how good I am at quirk"... but somehow, while watching these I couldn't help but feel the sheer energy of these tracks. Especially the second half of this poll - these tracks just BLEED energy and passion and drive. And I find that heartening.

I by no means think that these tracks are the best we have to offer, but damn, do we have the drive to work really hard and make something that we can be proud of on a personal level. And maaaaybe as we mature as an (hopefully) artistic community... maybe we will see that drive translated into projects that are both accessible AND full of that passion to make something that we can be proud of. I dunno. I guess I'm feeling hopeful today.

That said...

MMX - I really wish this had a less generic theme, and less random styles of scening. And that he had just finished the ending instead of making it into the stupid shitty piece of work that was MMXT. BUT GOD DAMN I gotta vote for the DNA which is probably the most innovative 10 seconds of scenery of all time. At least for one round. √

CF3 - I've never liked the shift between songs. And while this does a lot of stuff I don't feel a direction, a reason, a goal, a point. Solid work but quite forgettable. X

Integration - I'm astonished at how fresh this is, even today. For all our "intergration", you don't see this kind of hiding quirk under manuals technique very often. I can't understand why. But yeah, this is still undeniably unique, even for today. √

Bipolar - I can't think of another track that changes styles on a dime like this and still feels like a cohesive thing. And I love how this doesn't really mimic styles, it goes to extremes to make the differences in sections as disparate as possible. Not to mention the music syncing is way ahead of its time in terms of clear planning. √

Mysteria 3 - WHERE IS THE DAMN AUDIO ugh I can't believe there's not at least a download for a version with music anywhere. I should really just make one... ANYWAY, I like this one a lot, though the monument feels rather disjointed and that results in the whole track feeling a bit... draw-whatever. But I'll vote for it just for the quality of art and expert handling of the naked manuquirk into an environment for Bosh. Better than TechDawg, or anyone else, IMO. √

Valence 2 - lol, this was so cool when I first saw it. Now it feels like valence 3's younger and less capable sibling. X

Mt. Olxympus - I can barely tolerate the song. That aside, I love the synced sections. But it really does feel painfully unfinished. And the long horizontal section is always struggling between rolling and speeding Bosh back up (as opposed to the effortless feel of Roborant) X

Nightmare - A fast and fun fling quirk, with some really cool moments. I really wished there was a bigger push for conceptual creativity from those moments, but most of it feels pretty generic (though it does consistently maintain the push of effort). Ultimately, doesn't do it for me. X

Triumph - I can see how this is synced on a micro level, but I really wish it has been synced on a macro level as well, with sections based on the musical sections. I dig the energy but it feels to afraid to break out of the small box it's in. X

KING - I didn't like this as much as EPIC in the past, but now I like it more. I always get a kick out of the line in the song, "I am the master of the game that made a fool of you!" xD Anyway, I really enjoy the energy of this track and it is really fun, but I just can't bring myself to vote for a track that is just... you know. standard manuquirk. Created with no goal other than make a really good track in the same style as ZNF's previous manuquirks. X

Origin - I really dig the energy and the variety of this track, but it has the same effect of a barrage of tricks and such, even if they are pretty varied. I've seen enough manuquirks that no matter how "good" (powerful and varied) one is I still end up wondering why. Why should I be watching this? Is it relevant to me? X

Multiverse - I can't believe I'm saying this, but this music has really grown on me. This is a herculean effort by one of the most skilled trackmakers of all time, and I can't deny that to me, it comes across as the most impressive naked track in the entire tournament. But to me there just feels like a lack of overall direction and purpose besides "make a gigantic omnitrack with as many different sections as possible". And nothing brings this point home like the undeniably half-assed ending. X
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:57 am

WARNING
"Rating" based solely on my opinion:
Im being very harsh when rating these tracks so please dont start an argument if i rated your track not as highly as you'd like.
I seperated my rating into 4 parts since i think they cover the most inportant aspects. Popularity/Viewcount or the amount of hours worked are aspects i can not rate.

Manual Mayhem X
Influentiality at it's time: 8/10
Creativity: 7/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 7/10
Personal preference: 8/10
Score: 31
Comment: Aside from the DNA part the scenery is not very good imo BUT the DNA part is so genius i can't not vote for it (also because of the memories)
Cold Fusion 3
Influentiality at it's time: 6/10
Creativity: 6/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 8/10
Personal preference: 6/10
Score: 26
Comment: Not my fav CF. This one lost its originality. Good presentation though
Integration
Influentiality at it's time: 9/10
Creativity: 8/10
Personal preference: 9/10
Score: 34
Comment: The track that changed how people make manuals. Very few tracks have this kind of impact on the game. Good presentation. My fav from anomaly
Bipolar
Influentiality at it's time: 5/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 6/10
Personal preference: 5/10
Score: 22
Comment: Too generic. Dont like the sloppieness of the manuals
Mysteria 3
Influentiality at it's time: 7/10
Creativity: 8/10
Personal preference: 8/10
Comment: I love the style. I think its better than BHCS stuff. Good flow
Valence 2
Score: 24
Comment: Not my fav from sheldon. Feels a bit too generic. Some cool elements
Mt. Olyxmus
Creativity: 5/10
Score: 24
Comment: Killer presentation but i think the track itself is medicore. Compare this to inhibitions or Limitations. Its arguably worse.
Nightmare
Personal preference: 5/10
Score: 22
Comment: Very generic as a whole. Nothing in this track really stands out to me
Triumph
Influentiality at it's time: 4/10
Creativity: 5/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 4/10
Personal preference: 4/10
Score: 18
Comment: Very generic as a whole. Nothing in this track really stands out to me. I dont like the presentation
KING
Influentiality at it's time: 7/10
Creativity: 7/10
Personal preference: 9/10
Comment: My fav from ZNF and one of the very first tracks i saw. HECK I EVEN GOT THE IDEA FOR MY USERNAME FROM THIS TRACK.
Origin
Score: 23
Comment: This track doesnt age very well. Messy looking wells in a generic quirk. Some cool elements/flow variations
Multiverse
Personal preference: 7/10
Score: 25
Comment: Most of the track feels more-of-the-same-like to me. Pretty powerful though. I like that
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:40 pm

MMX, CF3, MIII, Nightmare, Triumph, Multiverse

Almost went for V2 but I felt it was on a significantly lower level than the rest I voted for.

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:12 pm

I don't understand the general dislike for mm-xtreme even with it looking unfinished. it includes more awesome looking scenery, cool video editing, and the recording is higher quality. I personally prefer that over mm-x.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:24 pm

SethComposerGuy wrote:I don't understand the general dislike for mm-xtreme even with it looking unfinished. it includes more awesome looking scenery, cool video editing, and the recording is higher quality. I personally prefer that over mm-x.
Spoiler:
Because he was an arrogant prick about "dethroning" TechDawg because he made a track with more lines (by pencil shading in an area of black and adding two enormous monuments that didn't fit with the theme at all and then a shitty pencil drawing telling everyone to go to his forum after he had drawn more lines than TechDawg, leaving the track once again unfinished)

MMX had a certain amount of cockiness, don't get me wrong, but there was some real creativity there too. MMXT was a wank fest. I am ashamed of the track's existence - it's a form of masturbatory self-praise using the art medium that I love, and that I'm not sure will ever recover from the idiotic linecount competition that Sorvius was the frontrunner of so that people will be able to make scenery without feeling like they have to draw a gajillion lines for it to even be worth the effort. Fuck MMXYT and everything it stands for.

EDIT: wow, okay I wrote this and then paced around the house ranting to myself for a full 20 minutes. Apparently nothing gets me worked up like people defending MMXT lol. It's nothing against you personally SCG.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHwvlQOWRCU

put Mysteria 3 with original music on IRTLtube, updated post
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:41 pm

Bipolar, Triumph, KING, and Origin all tie for the last spot in this poll. They enter into a tiebreaker to determine the one track that will advance:
https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t11451-tiebreaker-round-1-poll-6
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down