We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Desolation Of Smoog - Episode 1 - WizWoz

+11
Sheldon
ScrungleBlumpkus
Conundrumer
Getthim
Z_N-Freak
Lukking
theacp127
gaoyubao
Opal Rider
OTDE
Wizzy
15 posters

Go down

The Desolation Of Smoog - Episode 1 - WizWoz Empty The Desolation Of Smoog - Episode 1 - WizWoz

Post by Wizzy Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:19 pm

I have made another thingy.

This was started in late 2014 around November/December. I think it pretty much speaks for itself. Basically it is a homage to older tracks, while at the same time it's kind of it's own thing. You'll see references to older tracks from back in the day as well as new stuff, some little animations here and there as well as cut scenes. There is a plot and even a beginning of a character arc (for Bosh himeslf) and it's basically just a fun time. So yeah!

If you want to skip to where the actual thingy starts, skip to 1:50. You should be golden.
Also, I am working on another thingy currently (completely unrelated) so it'll probably be a while before I get to finishing this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zdUlg1YWlM&feature=youtu.be
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

The Desolation Of Smoog - Episode 1 - WizWoz Empty Re: The Desolation Of Smoog - Episode 1 - WizWoz

Post by OTDE Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:38 pm

Wow! I really enjoyed that. I feel like some of the music placement could have been better in spots, but it didn't detract too much from the experience :P

Good stuff!
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

The Desolation Of Smoog - Episode 1 - WizWoz Empty Re: The Desolation Of Smoog - Episode 1 - WizWoz

Post by Opal Rider Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:53 pm

I missed tracks with a story so much! And it's great, because this one didn't rely on boring WMM themes to move the plot along. Using the editing process made it a lot more entertaining to watch.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Ahh can't wait to see whatever happens to the thingy with watts!
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:43 pm

That was awesome and hilarious. I look forward to episode 2.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:25 am

Turned out to be alot more awesome than i initially thought! Great job
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:41 am

I wasn't expecting this type of story at all and got pleasantly surprised. It was fun to watch although I'd say the flat-sled beginning without story was maybe a little on the long side. I continued to watch it, because you mentioned there would be some kind of animation after which I got pulled in by the story line Smile
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:55 am

that was awesome, and something not seen in a long time, if you would like help with this, give me a shout eh, good luck, looking forwards to what happens next
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:17 pm

yes finally narratives
this was really enjoyable to watch
looking forward to episode 2

We could debate about what is a track, but I think this is very much in the spirit of Line Rider, the whimsy doodles-in-margin-of-paper kind of thing.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:58 am

This deserves to go viral
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:44 am

dude that was great i loved the 'animation' style very easy to follow
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:04 am

Track of the year

This track had me smiling pretty much all the way through. Dude, this is awesome!
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:45 am

I love these things, they never fail to entertain me

The animation was really cool
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:45 pm

Honestly, as much work as quirk takes, it doesn't give the same reward as this kind of use of LR. Quirk is impressive. Animation is visually stunning. But storytelling is the height of entertainment in LR. You nailed it, editing and otherwise.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Snooze Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:19 am

My comment on youtube

Damn it that's good. I may have tracks with dense scenery and like 70k views but something about this is better. I couldn't make something like this. For example, the rocks are simple but well scaled and natural looking. The other unusual elements are also charming. You've got your own thing and I hope we see it grow!

Edit: Dude, is this Wizzy under a new name and new youtube account? :facepalm:
Snooze
Snooze

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:15 am

Snooze wrote:
Edit: Dude, is this Wizzy under a new name and new youtube account? :facepalm:

Don't worry about it :|
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Bump because this didn't get too much feedback for how awesome this is!

Srs watch the whole thing, it's awesome

(thx Chuggers)
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down