We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WMG mute or take down your video? Here's how to get it back!

5 posters

Go down

WMG mute or take down your video? Here's how to get it back! Empty WMG mute or take down your video? Here's how to get it back!

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:09 am

Hedge still hasn't posted this so I am :P All credit goes to him and anyone else he wants to credit.

-------

Note that this is only if WMG took down or muted the vid. However, if someone else took it down and they're still from the US, it'll still work, you'll just have to replace some of the text.

So, now, step 1:
Go to "my videos"
WMG mute or take down your video? Here's how to get it back! Picture52

Step 2:
Find the video in which was removed (it will still be there!) and click "Resolve Copyright" (or "View Copyright Info" or whatever)
WMG mute or take down your video? Here's how to get it back! Picture53

Step 3:
Click "I want to learn more about the dispute process"
WMG mute or take down your video? Here's how to get it back! Picture54

Step 4:
Scroll down a little and click on "Take me to the dispute form"
WMG mute or take down your video? Here's how to get it back! Picture55

Step 5:
Check off the SECOND OPTION, copypaste this text into the space it provides:

The copyright laws of the country of the United States of America (in which WMG is entitled to follow strictly) say that, "Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright." (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107) The video in which I have published via YouTube is strictly for research purposes as to the limits of the flash "toy" Line Rider Beta 2 v. 6.2. For this reason, I believe that removing this video was a terrible misunderstanding of the US of A's copyright laws and the purposes of this video, and I request that the video be put back up. Thank you.

(Rabidedit: feel free to adapt it to your specific purposes - for example when disputing 4 Boxez I changed all the "I"s to "we"s and signed as "The Linerider Community Collaboration", and for Roadkill Arizona I said it was for research purposes involving the HISTORY of line rider as that's technically the reason I reuploaded it lol - I would guess adapting it would actually be more effective than copypasta, as they might figure it out if you use the exact same message)

Follow everything else it says, and it should look like this:
WMG mute or take down your video? Here's how to get it back! Picture56
Yes, I put my electronic signature as Hedgehogs4Me, you don't have to put your real name in as long as it sorta makes sense.

Step 6:
Click "submit dispute", and click OK (or whatever it says) when it gives you the popup.

Your video should be back up within a few days or so.

Congratulations, you're helping to stop WMG's tyrannical rule over the YouTube community by explaining what they're doing in a way that makes it technically illegal activity!

Footnotes:

Thanks to the country of the United States of America for wording their copyright law in an extremely vague way.

Make sure you look through all your videos to make sure none of them have been taken down! The more complaints we send them, the more we can make them suffer for their stupidity. DO IT.

PLEASE NOTE:
- IT ONLY WORKS WITH LINE RIDER. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO EDIT IT FOR OTHER BG MUSIC PURPOSES, BUT IT WILL NOT WORK FOR, FOR EXAMPLE, OFFICIAL VIDEOS FROM ARTISTS.
- IF YOU USE 6.1, CHANGE THE 6.2 IN IT TO 6.1, AND IF IT'S UMG, CHANGE IT TO UMG LOL

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:08 am; edited 2 times in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

WMG mute or take down your video? Here's how to get it back! Empty Re: WMG mute or take down your video? Here's how to get it back!

Post by crash2burn Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:20 pm

I have no muted videos... YET.

Nice tut/guide! +rep! NOT! Hehe

*gives REAL cookie with pasta*
crash2burn
crash2burn

Back to top Go down

WMG mute or take down your video? Here's how to get it back! Empty Re: WMG mute or take down your video? Here's how to get it back!

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:56 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7P5JGnV324

COTM December was muted, Let's see if this works :P

I signed it "We Ride the Lines Legal Committee" and changed some of the wording :P
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:53 pm

just to let you know this DOES work for non linerider related videos as long as the video itself is still of your own creation.

example: I used Philip glass for some of my fractal zoom videos which is wmg protected, adapted the wording for that, and it worked.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:22 pm

Heck yes it worked 8D
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:38 pm

I use this all the time. Believe it or not, 90% of my videos would currently be muted if I didn't use this method.

So far, I've only had to audioswap 2 videos. (Nonilluminant and Rhambera)
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:00 pm

Just thought I would share this adaptation that worked for videos blocked/muted outside the US. bold stuff is stuff you may want to modify.

The copyright laws of the country of the United States of America (in which WMG is entitled to follow strictly) say that, "Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright." (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107) Many other countries operate under similar copyright laws. The video which we have published via YouTube is strictly for research purposes as to the limits and history of the flash "toy" Line Rider Beta 2 v. 6.2. For this reason, we believe that muting this video was a terrible misunderstanding of the US of A's copyright law of and the purposes of this video, and we request that the audio of the video be put back up in all countries. Thank you.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by 14mRh4X0r Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:48 pm

Youtube doesn't want me to put my only serious LR track EVER RELEASED back up and disguised it as an internal server error. :|
14mRh4X0r
14mRh4X0r

Nobody appreciates the term 'hacker' anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down