We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manuquirk Battle Voting!

+3
Z_N-Freak
OTDE
RyderLR
7 posters

Go down

Which track did you like best?

Manuquirk Battle Voting! Vote_lcap56%Manuquirk Battle Voting! Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 14 ]
Manuquirk Battle Voting! Vote_lcap12%Manuquirk Battle Voting! Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
Manuquirk Battle Voting! Vote_lcap32%Manuquirk Battle Voting! Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

Manuquirk Battle Voting! Empty Manuquirk Battle Voting!

Post by RyderLR Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:08 pm

Please re-watch every video before voting to provide a fair judgement. Vote for your favorite!

Unusuals - by Chuggers

Blue Confusion - by Theacp127

Preacher - by Ryderofthelines
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Manuquirk Battle Voting! Empty Re: Manuquirk Battle Voting!

Post by OTDE Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:28 pm

Oh god Preacher is up against Unusuals??
Wow. So I'll try narrowing this down:

I love Blue Confusion, but it really doesn't quite stack up against the other two. Sorry, acp! I know you'll get to where they are soon!! Very Happy

A lot of it boils down to the completeness of the track. Unusuals toys with a lot of cool things, but ultimately, preacher feels more complete, as well as more deliberate with its syncs. Each one is in lockstep with the music, and that's a huge part of what makes a track enjoyable for me.

Fun tracks all around, but Preacher ultimately gets my vote! Good job to all for doing some really awesome things in all of these tracks! Smile
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:09 am

I've rewatched Unusuals and Preacher two times more and I have to go with Unusuals (Blue Confusion is a fun track, but doesn't quite stack up against the other two).

I might be missing music syncs in Preacher (looking at OTDE's post), but for me the syncing in Unusuals is actually better done. The music might lend itself better for it with the steady beat. This in combination with the quick speed changes from the quirk that pop Bosh in any direction on the beat just makes for a wonderful experience.

Other than that, I just really really love that head ride/second peg smooth loop in Unusuals that is timed at a moment where the music slowly sort of fades and bosh smoothly wooshes through this loop. It's such a pleasure to watch. Along with all the pops and jumbles and lots of other stuff that I won't specifially name. Basically I will keep coming back to rewatch Unusuals. Although Preacher is awesome, I won't come back and rewatch it. And this is not a bad thing, I don't rewatch a lot of tracks to begin with. Unusuals is just that fun for me to watch.

Probably it's just a personal preference, because I kind of agree with OTDE that Preacher feels more finished somehow. That colour replay of Unusuals though... So cool xD
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:17 am

Z_N-Freak wrote:Snips

To clarify what I meant, there were lots of little moments in Preacher where there were mini syncs-- manuals would switch at a stick-click in the song, or at a series of base hits. Unusuals is super cool and has a lot of sync elements, but they kind of fall to the wayside as the track progresses.

That's totally how it came off to me, though! There are tons of reasons to vote for either, and I know I had a tough time voting myself! Smile

Staff, if the feature rule applies to battle polls, I won't post anymore, but I can't resist discussion about sync, it's one of the most important factors for me in the enjoyability of the tracks I watch Smile
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawel3 Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Blue confusion is really fun, but it got in the wrong place lol
I went with unusuals, because of the cool beats and those super stacked wells. This poll is difficult :o
Pawel3
Pawel3

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:46 am

OTDE wrote:Staff, if the feature rule applies to battle polls, I won't post anymore, but I can't resist discussion about sync, it's one of the most important factors for me in the enjoyability of the tracks I watch Smile
Hah, I hope we won't have to make rules for battle polls!

(I voted preacher)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:41 am

Bumpity. Vote people! There were more votes on the poll asking how you use toilet paper!
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:42 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
OTDE wrote:Staff, if the feature rule applies to battle polls, I won't post anymore, but I can't resist discussion about sync, it's one of the most important factors for me in the enjoyability of the tracks I watch Smile
Hah, I hope we won't have to make rules for battle polls!

(I voted preacher)

I haven't been keeping up on the feature rules thread, but if the grace period between release and nomination passes, it should also go for release of polls. Hype for a track can die down pretty quick
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:04 am

you can agree on it at the start if the battle but I'm not going to make it a rule for all battles
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:10 am

Thanks for the few votes I got guys haha. I went with the unusuals since I really enjoyed it.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:05 pm

whoops, we never gave out a winged PIP for this. Hah! especially funny because chugs makes the PIPs.

EDIT: done now
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down