We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mj Trick?

3 posters

Go down

Mj Trick? Empty Mj Trick?

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:36 pm

There is a trick which I understand the mechanics of but have been completely unable to reproduce. I've never had this problem before.

How do I don the mj trick? Can somebody explain in detail? Pawel and gaoyubao have done them. Cereal has, but he's inactive. Is this the trick now known as bimanuals? If not, what are those?
I really have no idea how to do them myself but I understand it is an alt fling in one line. Gao especially has to know because he recycled them. I want to do one in a manual section of something I'm working on.

Help would be so appreciated! Smile

pls
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Mj Trick? Empty Re: Mj Trick?

Post by Pawel3 Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:53 pm

I have no idea how I did that lol
just make him lean forward slowly, and then have a line close to the ground. I guess it's easier backwards, becuase apparently I was the first person to do it forwards :P
Backwards - blue lines
Forwards - red lines towards where he's going
Pawel3
Pawel3

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:11 pm

It's not an alt fling, or at least that's not how I think of them. First, you basically make an over-balanced manual. For some reason, because of the way LR physics works, there is a balance point where bosh is extremely tipped forwards, so his hand almost brushes the track. This works best going forwards at a high-ish speed (I think this is the bimanual?)
See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00xOdNeq0SI

I'm not sure what the MJ pinch is, but if it's what I think it is, it's basically a bimanual (as defined above) with another line facing the opposite direction–making a pinch. But this new line only interacts with bosh's hand, and not the rest of his body, which is on the gwell side of the line. To make this happen, bosh has to have limited rotation, or is rotating in such a manner so that the contact points are not moving away from the second line.

?idonno
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Right. I did this recently with a tail manual where there is a line going straight through his head to show off no rotation.

Thank you guys so much Smile
Overbalancing then.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down