We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 minute long sync track

+2
Fauxfyre
theacp127
6 posters

Go down

5 minute long sync track Empty 5 minute long sync track

Post by theacp127 Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:40 am

I'm going to start this super huge project pretty soon. It's been in the back of my mind for some time now and I'm ready to give it a try. I've already go the sync song planned and the idea for the editing. It may seem like, "You aren't good enough to make a track worth watching for 5 minutes," but I've been practicing a ton between releases and a whole folder of tracks I'm never going to release. I really want to make something that I'll be proud of presenting in the future. This thread will be the place that I'll be posting up dates. Right now I have a battle track with Ryder to finish so as soon as that is done I'm going to start on this thing. (I also have an XY track in the works as a boredom killer, but it won't interfere with the progress of the main project)

Super excited to get started on this and really hope it turns out like I plan. I'm expecting on this track taking a few months to finish, but I'm prepared to make something awesome!
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

5 minute long sync track Empty Re: 5 minute long sync track

Post by Fauxfyre Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:35 pm

Gl brah, don't overdo it

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:02 pm

When it comes to the skill involved in making a long and entertaining track, I'm not worried about you; in fact, I'm quite looking forward to seeing what you come up with on this project.

This said, when you burn yourself out a few months from now, I'm going to enjoy rolling in schadenfreude. I hate to shit on your dreams but if you're anything like me (and I sincerely hope you're not, for your own sake) you'll try this five times and quit or screw something up halfway through. I don't want to see someone with as much potential as yourself implode on an overambitious undertaking like this.

If you truly are set on doing this, which is entirely your decision to make, then I'll certainly do everything I can to help you succeed. I want to see this happen, but I also want you to have a future.

EDIT: Holy shit sorry I looked back and realised I sound super salty in this, I'm not trying to be all negative-nelly on this idea, just disregard the first two passages

Last edited by roflmaoqwerty on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:15 pm

If I come to a point that I really can't finish the full 5 minutes, then I'll go ahead and release what I have. It's also the reason that I plan on taking several months to work on it. If I get tired of it, I can always take a break to work on other tracks. I've seen others get overwhelmed with big projects so I'm going to make sure I don't do that to myself.
Thanks for your support as well, both of you are big inspirations for this track.

Last edited by theacp127 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:42 am

Nobody is too bad make a long, planned sync track. If anything, it will be like your breakthrough track, like how handlebars was for Rofl. Smile Also keep in mind that you will undoubtedly get better in skill as the track progresses, so dont give up if the early parts aren't as good as you go on. :P

My advice is to literally write down the the sync times. And by that I mean write down a three-column list like I did in this. 1) Song time, 2) time in the track (This is different than the song time if you plan to have an intro while the song is playing), and 3) what you are planning to do in the track at each time frame (Style switching).

I also like to make a sync video like this to refer to and hear it go with the sync times. (I include the track time in these videos now)

You don't have to use this planning format, but I've using it since Gone and it really works for me. ^^

Last edited by LineMagiX on Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:45 am

^ that

Also since line rider lags pretty fast for me, I make quick little test recordings (just of the most recent bit) and then throw them into a premiere project so I can see if it works.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:47 am

^ I do the same thing, but it's more to see how it fits with the song in video format and to inspire myself to keep working on it. 8D
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:50 am

Thanks for the advice guys! I should be able to do this Friday afternoon. Also, I have a pretty powerful PC so lag won't be an issue for me.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:04 am

theacp127 wrote:I have a pretty powerful PC so lag won't be an issue for me.
Since you're making this 5 minutes long, once you get upwards of 4,000 lines or so it will probably be an issue.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:38 am

I actually had an idea about part way through my 4:00 sync track I'm working on. What I'm doing is to use this software: greenshot which automatically saves a picture every time you press the prtScn button. Then you play an empty or near empty track so there's no lag and let Bosh fall to your music, and whenever you want a trick or style change to your music, press print screen. that way you will have an exact frame counter as a guide each time you want to do a trick change.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:53 pm

I tried out Jam on my PC since it has exactly 10k lines. I dropped to about 36 frames at the slowest point so I know my computer should be able to play without lag for at least the first couple thousand lines.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:22 pm

Well, started out the first two seconds. It's a shoulder alt and a quick rotation change for the first few notes. The first part will be a smooth manuquirk style and build from there.
5 minute long sync track 90f8b0c67c
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down