We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low Hanging Bar - Getthim, efrazable, Cereal

+5
rabid squirrel
ScrungleBlumpkus
RyderLR
Yobanjojoe
efrazable
9 posters

Go down

Low Hanging Bar - Getthim, efrazable, Cereal Empty Low Hanging Bar - Getthim, efrazable, Cereal

Post by efrazable Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:19 pm

https://youtu.be/E4Dhoq1aIz4

Cereal kinda gave up on a collab between the two of us, so I decided to just doodle on it with Getthim and we made this loveliness.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Low Hanging Bar - Getthim, efrazable, Cereal Empty Re: Low Hanging Bar - Getthim, efrazable, Cereal

Post by Yobanjojoe Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:27 am

That was nice :')

there were some really cool moments in that bonus track though
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Low Hanging Bar - Getthim, efrazable, Cereal Empty Re: Low Hanging Bar - Getthim, efrazable, Cereal

Post by RyderLR Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:29 am

That was fun Very Happy I liked the names Hehe
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:45 pm

Them names though
and that scenery was to die for. I'm still not sure what to make of the lily padding towards the start lol
But I c wut u did thar
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:59 pm

/uberlate

Okay so first I was happy to see a scenery track released

but then... this was really disappointing. The naked track has this cool fluid motion vibe that was totally wrecked by the scenery, and the scenery was so random and so half assed that I found myself enjoying the naked playback a lot more, and I practically live for scenery releases.

the first couple seconds had potential with the clouds and the rocks and the lily, and the sorvius bridge would have been great if you'd kept it consistent to those things, but then what the hell is that crap at 0:10? and then you wrote everyone's names in the track - this is not scenery it's half-assed boredom-killing time-wasting, not to mention the scenery on the actual track at this point looks like you stopped caring. The rest of the track (super abstract thing at 0:17, pyramid, weird tree roots thing, whatever that is at 0:19, the trees at the end) just looked like "eh screw it don't care anymore just draw random crap"

I know this wasn't supposed to be something amazing, but you could have at least tried to make it NICE. I know both of you can do far better than this, and it's disheartening for someone who loves scenery in line rider as a practically non-existent art form to think that you thought this was even worth a release, and even more disheartening to read comments that are all like "that was fun" what was fun about this it looks like a pile of crap to me :|

Sorry for the negative review several weeks after release. I know you're probably like "who rabid don't get so worked up about a track that wasn't supposed to be taken so seriously" but what makes me upset is that this wasn't in fact, taken seriously.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Why should every track be made or taken seriously, that's how you run a game into the ground as quickly as possible

You aren't entitled to "good" scenery, rabid.

If a regular member said what you said, he would be torn apart immediately. Just because you are where you are and that you have highly self-regarded "opinions" on what apparently makes a track "mean something", doesn't mean you can call a track that wasn't meant to be anything great a flat out "pile of shit".

What makes me upset the most in this thread is the single person taking this track seriously.

Last edited by Chuggers on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:49 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:it's disheartening for someone who loves scenery in line rider as a practically non-existent art form to think that you thought this was even worth a release, and even more disheartening to read comments that are all like "that was fun" what was fun about this it looks like a pile of crap to me :|

That's not cool man

EDIT: It was a 20 second short, fun track, who says it has to be masterpiece to be released, I enjoyed the scenery and thought it was fun, and the thing is, this game is all OPINION based, nobody's opinion is more right than someone else's, that being said there's no need to hate on my comment, or on this track in general.
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:12 pm

Some people make tracks just because they enjoy it. :/ If I were to only release the tracks that I truely tried my hardest on, I'd probably only have maybe two tracks. Total.

Really, what this boils down to is a conflict of interests. Why would someone release art that all they did was paint chicken's feet and have it walk around the canvas? It sounds stupid to you or me, but he enjoyed doing it, and some other people might find it a fun idea. So while you're very entitled to not like it, I feel like saying it shouldn't have been released is a bit harsh. People can release whatever they want, we're not really the ones to say any different.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:04 pm

I'm being hard on these two because I know they can scene really well. Efraz and Getthim have done some amazing things in places here and there, and both like scenery, and are both really talented. What's depressing isn't that I saw a track that they could have used to make something short and sweet and simple (note: not epic or incredible or even a lot of work! Probably not even any more work than what they did, actually! Just not blatantly half assed!) to try out some scenery techniques or a style or a certain look or any number of things, but instead they just drew random barely-even-scenery over 50% of the track.

Couple more things to say:

1) If Getthim and/or efraz is upset by this, that is of concern to me. I don't want to demotivate them. But I will wait and see how they respond first.

2) I procrastinated this review for a long time because I couldn't find a way to be supportive about it, and finally just said screw it and decided to write what I thought. So it was not without a lot of thought and intention.

3)
Chuggers wrote:If a regular member said what you said, he would be torn apart immediately.
pretty sure I'm being hated on pretty hard, heh
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:05 pm

Gett and I sort of took a different approach on this track. Since scenery is so "revered" in a sense (partially due to lack of scenery tracks released, as well as the accessibility of art appreciation), I wondered what it would be like if there was a scenery track with a titular "low hanging bar".

I'm relieved that Rabid called it out for what it was. Honestly, my greatest fear was that people would be so afraid of expressing negative feelings that they wouldn't even comment on it.

That's not to say that we didn't have fun with it! 8D

There were many bits in this track and response thread that I can learn from, to improve and push scenery beyond garnering homogenous responses like "10/10 would watch again Thumbs Up "
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:31 pm

Geez, makes me kinda afraid to release my scenery track now :/

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:47 pm

Shotoku wrote:Geez, makes me kinda afraid to release my scenery track now :/
I've seen some of it. It's amazeballs and you know it.

Rabid was more honest than most in the review of this track. If you think your track will be good, and you understand how truthful Rabid's review will be, then his review will probably make you more confident in your scenery abilities than a whole bunch of "best track ever omg" reviews.

On a related note, honest critique isn't exclusive to Rabid. Y'all should speak your minds too, regardless of what others think. Smile

Last edited by efrazable on Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:53 pm

Holy crap how did I miss this fight
I don't have anything to say that would help
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:37 pm

efrazable wrote:Rabid was more honest than most in the review of this track. If you think your track will be good, and you understand how truthful Rabid's review will be, then his review will probably make you more confident in your scenery abilities than a whole bunch of "best track ever omg" reviews.

On a related note, honest critique isn't exclusive to Rabid. Y'all should speak your minds too, regardless of what others think. Smile

you dont have to hide the tears m8
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:05 am

efrazable wrote:I'm relieved that Rabid called it out for what it was. Honestly, my greatest fear was that people would be so afraid of expressing negative feelings that they wouldn't even comment on it.

Rabid was more honest than most in the review of this track. If you think your track will be good, and you understand how truthful Rabid's review will be, then his review will probably make you more confident in your scenery abilities than a whole bunch of "best track ever omg" reviews.

Spoiler:
But seriously, thanks efraz for the validation (and the call for others to do the same!) Smile
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:30 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
efrazable wrote:I'm relieved that Rabid called it out for what it was. Honestly, my greatest fear was that people would be so afraid of expressing negative feelings that they wouldn't even comment on it.

Spoiler:
But seriously, thanks efraz for the validation (and the call for others to do the same!) Smile

I'm a music critic, and I've actually written things that have been passed around asnd considered great food for thought. I ENJOY critiquing things.
Rabid getiting shit for doing such an enormously thorough job critiquing tracks was my only inhibition from doing so myself. After seeing this fight, once I'm less busy with tracks (which is happening very soon), I'm gonna start reviewing things more honestly and in depth myself. I like the way this community is making it possible for more productivity and motivational and yet honest reviews.
You go, Rabid. As a wise member of our communuity always says, you keep doing you.
but I can't review scenery because that' snot me ;p
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:34 pm

Efraz banged the nail on the head, I thanks rabid for his very honest opinion, i do agree with efraz and rabid that a bit more honesty on how you view the tracks helps the creators,

yes this track was a fun thing to do, a time burner when we are stuck with boredom, doodles, it was a place to draw random things no matter if they were related or not.
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down