We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gospel

+13
Inukaza
theacp127
Opal Rider
Chuggers
mmtunligit
Yobanjojoe
Commandercoke
Summoning
Rafael
RyderLR
[senpai] kevans
Getthim
OTDE
17 posters

Go down

Gospel Empty Gospel

Post by OTDE Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:28 pm

Link

Enjoy!

OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Gospel Empty Re: Gospel

Post by Getthim Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:33 pm

hallelujah! it is epic and smooth, and i love all the smooth recycles too,

i remember part of it being streamed, and it has got better.

more, i'm hungry
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:41 pm

So slick yo, I love how each manual just catches him. Like a lot of manuals will just have him land on the line, these were like "Aight, I see you're at a weird angle, but that's cool yo, you keep doing your thing dawg, I won't let you fall"
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:43 pm

I liked most of it, some of those manuals doe..mmmmm.... But I enjoyed the stall a lot! Very original and unexpected
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:03 pm

Friggin ace track man! You should do more midspeed, the little bit in the middle was probably my favorite part of the track. But, the entire thing was amazing, you just have a unique way with manuals. Glad to be an inspiration, I'd love to collaborate with you sometime Smile
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:40 pm

Loved it dude! Best manual track I've seen in the past few years easily. My only complaint is maybe a bit too many boosted lines, makes it look slightly jerky at times in an otherwise extremely smooth track. Hope you make more bud.
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:17 pm

Awesome! Can I get the .sol? I'd like to pretend like I'm going to scene it, but probably never get around to it. But maybe. Anyways, smooth, and unpredictable, and just enjoyable all around. The one flatsled curve felt odd just because it was the only one in the entire track. That's my only "complaint".
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:29 am

That was beautiful :')

this is now one of my favorite tracks
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:53 am

One of my goals is to get my manuals as smooth as yours. This has got to be my favorite manual track now. Great job.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by mmtunligit Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:59 am

i do believe that you are the new sorvius when it comes to manuals. that was an amazing track
mmtunligit
mmtunligit

Nerds like me rule

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:58 pm

I don't know what it is, but I really like how the curves look

also people stop doing no stall stalls i want to do one before it gets overused
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:03 pm

The stall is still really cool, and I really love the track, but one thing I am starting to notice is it became very obvious when you found the song and started working more on syncing the track right near the end. The 1:25 - 1:40 period was probably my personal favorite part of the track, and while the cooldown felt a little bit sudden with the tumble, it was a nice change to see you playing a lot with airtime sync somewhere other than a buildup or moment of silence in the music, which is something that hasn't really caught on too much in other tracks.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:17 pm

Chuggers wrote:
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:50 am

Whoa, that was ridiculous.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:02 am

OKAY I'M REVIEWING IT

Sorry it took me a while. I've been procrastinating this because I just can't figure out what to say. Even now I keep reworking this post as I write it, haha. But here goes.

This track has a very slow pace, while never feeling sloppy or lazy or boring or like you don't know exactly what you are doing every step of the way. This is very hard to do. The vast majority of tracks I see have, in my opinion, a pace that is much faster than this - even supposedly "chill" tracks. I still think this concept of a slow pace can be pushed further without sacrificing the technical skill like in Sleepyhead, but this track is the further down the road that I have seen thus far. This contributed immensely to my enjoyment of the track.

I am very curious if you made the track to the music or found the music partway in. It seems that most of the curves are synced with the music but the overall energy in the track is a bit off sometimes (like, sometimes when the song was building the track was doing the opposite, and other times Bosh was flipping around more than what seemed like it would have fit the music). I honestly enjoyed every curve and even sometimes enjoyed the give and take between the track and the music, to the point where I am not sure that matching the track to the emotion more precisely would have improved the track. But towards the end was easily my favorite section on first watch, because of the unashamed tumbling, flatsled, airtime, rolling, etc to do justice to the music syncing. Buuuuut that part did feel like it was separate from the rest of the track. It kind of built into it, but it still felt like a shift at the tumbling. Personally, that was when I started making happy noises on my first watch, but from reading other comments it seems that other people found it awkward.

There's something I have mixed feelings about, and that is the inconsistency of the track. The track is very inventive and creative and there is always something cool and new around the bend, which on the one hand is very fun and playful, but on the other hand, part of me feels like it detracts from the music sync. The creative stuff is present in all of your tracks and it is what we love you for, but what really made me love this track more than any previous track by you was the pairing with the music and the slow pace. I'm not sure what this may mean for future tracks, and I would rather let you decide than try to tell you what you should do, but I'd like to give you this as food for thought.

And of course the stall. How elegant and simple and yet precise. Made me smile.

And finally, I want to say this track had probably one of the highest first-watch values of anything I have seen in months, if not years. Some tracks grow on you but this one was love at first sight for me. So on a final note of this review I just want to say that I hope you keep making tracks and never stop because you must be doing something very right, and I think you can probably figure out what it is and keep doing it better than me. Rock on Thumbs Up

also I can't believe you still have that as your signature
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:08 pm

First thing's first, this track is SO GOOD. I didn't really know what to write here for a while, but I'll just do it now before I forget about it. Your manuals are great as always, and your airtime usage is sublime. I didn't know I wanted an OTDE midspeed manuals section until now. Love how you used the live version of the song too!
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:37 pm

theacp127 wrote:
Chuggers wrote:

But seriously, this made me so happy, especially the song you used.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:48 pm

I think I wrote something about this but didn't send it :|

I thought this track was incredibly soothing, and reminded me of why I always thought you made the best manuals ever. Even the recycles were just as good as you did them the first time. There was nothing that felt out of place, out weaker than the rest, the whole thing was a great watch. This is a fantastic addition to this prestigious series, and hope that I can continue to be inspired by your mastery of manual tracks.

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down