We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scenery Framing Tutorial

4 posters

Go down

Scenery Framing Tutorial Empty Scenery Framing Tutorial

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:55 pm

For years I have been frustrated with most sceners in Line Rider (including techdawg, LRG, ghosty, and more) for not planning out the framing of their video before they make the scenery. So since I was making this track anyway I thought I'd make a quick tutorial on how to frame a track for scenery.

Forgot to mention that once you are totally done with all the scenery you can erase all the framing before you record it. The framing is just so while you are scening you know where to stop so you're not scening stuff that won't be seen in the final product, and also so you can see where the camera travels which can help tons with placement of scenery elements and monuments and such.

This way you don't have, like, awesome monuments mostly out of view in a video, or videos where you zoom out to see a monument and the other half of the screen is blank.  (You can plan a zoom change with the framing too, you just have to decide exactly what frame to start and stop zooming)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Scenery Framing Tutorial Empty Re: Scenery Framing Tutorial

Post by MiniBoyns Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:41 pm

Looks helpful Rabid, my method is a lot more trial and error but effectively achieves the same purpose.

What I tend to do is just guess where the edge of the screen will be, draw the lines and then check in play mode if it's visible or not.

MiniBoyns

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:10 pm

interesting, will have to look at it
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:23 pm

will give this a shot!

one question, what about window size? because i'm working on a pretty wide monitor right now in chrome, if i send you the .sol to record it won't it be different?
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:15 am

^ I do the framing in a 720p window which is the size 3.4.x opens at. If it gets recorded in 1080 you can just double the zoom level number. (used to do it in a 800x600 window which is what size 6.2 opened at)

Don't frame full screen because the aspect ratio isn't the same as widescreen video
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down