We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread

+17
Z_N-Freak
Apple
efrazable
anton
OTDE
crash2burn
Pawel3
Sheldon
Summoning
ScrungleBlumpkus
rabid squirrel
gaoyubao
Getthim
Opal Rider
RyderLR
Fauxfyre
Chuggers
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread

Post by anton Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:01 pm

Arguments go both ways regarding wether this is the feature of XY or not. Y'all gotta understand shit ain't just black and white. There are at least fifty shades of grey in between 8)

First of, as a forthcoming track (let's assume that), it is per definition "the future".

yesyesyes ok, xy stacks and flings are familiar territory. Nevertheless, dap is executing his tricks as if xy doesn't limit him. I am guessing xy was one way to limit yourself in the first place in order to challenge your capabilities. Either way, it is worth acknowledging that it limits a player. Those are limits dap has mostly overcome.

Orth is also taking xy to the next level. Space recycling has been around for ever, but he takes that shit to another dimension.

It has been done in the past and dap will probably be the only one who master it. It will indeed not change or impact the concept of XY greatly , but it will widen our vision of it. Taking one idea or concept to the next level by focusing on it exclusively is STILL taking it to the next level. Breaking the limits within just one aspect of xy is STILL breaking the limits. It won't effect funky laid back xy and similiar sub-styles, but I strongly disagree a track publishment will ever again impact the community to such extent it will revolutionize any major track category (maybe with the exception of scenery).

Remember: this shit ain't black or white. This is so much more than just art vs technicality.
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread

Post by Helios Pavonine Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:10 pm

it's funny because his vision of the future of xy is at the same time the future of xy so I don't know wouldn't the universe implode

2 cents
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:12 pm

Anton wrote:Arguments go both ways regarding wether this is the feature of XY or not. Y'all gotta understand shit ain't just black and white. There are at least fifty shades of grey in between 8)

First of, as a forthcoming track (let's assume that), it is per definition "the future".

yesyesyes ok, xy stacks and flings are familiar territory. Nevertheless, dap is executing his tricks as if xy doesn't limit him. I am guessing xy was one way to limit yourself in the first place in order to challenge your capabilities. Either way, it is worth acknowledging that it limits a player. Those are limits dap has mostly overcome.
I never said doing things that were previously limited by xy werent impressive, but for this to be a well used method of making a track, everyone would have to be able to make the types of stacks found in what he has done to make these things possible. its not practical and it seems like more work than should ever be needed. the future of xy shouldn't be about normalizing the genre to regular standards, but making it more unique to itself

Anton wrote:
Orth is also taking xy to the next level. Space recycling has been around for ever, but he takes that shit to another dimension.
watch ubermicro. while not technically impressive, its space recycling rivals any others

Anton wrote:
It has been done in the past and dap will probably be the only one who master it. It will indeed not change or impact the concept of XY greatly , but it will widen our vision of it. Taking one idea or concept to the next level by focusing on it exclusively is STILL taking it to the next level. Breaking the limits within just one aspect of xy is STILL breaking the limits. It won't effect funky laid back xy and similiar sub-styles, but I strongly disagree a track publishment will ever again impact the community to such extent it will revolutionize any major track category (maybe with the exception of scenery).
this isn't the problem i had with the track, it was that dap was preaching about how it will change the future for generations to come, when really, it will be in this one track probably ever.

Anton wrote:
Remember: this shit ain't black or white. This is so much more than just art vs technicality.
i think you are only seeing things in black and white and maybe grey.
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:04 pm

Chuggers wrote:i think you are only seeing things in black and white and maybe grey.
I am quite clearly on one side of the spectrum. I think dap is forging xy future. I can not speak for others, but I will strive to achieve a similar xy understanding.

Chuggers wrote:the future of xy shouldn't be about normalizing the genre to regular standards, but making it more unique to itself
This is what i find the most interesting, the mimicking of another genre in itself. Genres in general does not define its content, it merely narrows it down so that you have a decent idea of what you're getting yourself into. Dap's track is redefining its genre by expanding upon it as well as closing the gap between xy and "regular" tracks. When does a track stop being just xy? How close to regular tracks does an xy has to be before "regular standards" applies to it?
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:52 am

Anton wrote:
Chuggers wrote:i think you are only seeing things in black and white and maybe grey.
I am quite clearly on one side of the spectrum. I think dap is forging xy future. I can not speak for others, but I will strive to achieve a similar xy understanding.

Chuggers wrote:the future of xy shouldn't be about normalizing the genre to regular standards, but making it more unique to itself
This is what i find the most interesting, the mimicking of another genre in itself. Genres in general does not define its content, it merely narrows it down so that you have a decent idea of what you're getting yourself into. Dap's track is redefining its genre by expanding upon it as well as closing the gap between xy and "regular" tracks. When does a track stop being just xy? How close to regular tracks does an xy has to be before "regular standards" applies to it?

Well shit this makes me want to finish Phantom
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:59 am

Sorry for the double post, but I'm doing some previews
First one is how far we currently are on the new gigastacks track, although the last few frames aren't staying. I think it's almost 2 seconds long now.
Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread - Page 4 Screen14
Second one is a track I'm doing to explore the possibilities of these new stacks and convincing lone to convince me to give me the tools I need to enhance and enact my vision. It's only 2 seconds long, as well.
Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread - Page 4 Screen15
Third one is an experiment with angled cannons, don't mind me. Just showing you guys what I'm up to, because Rabid inspired me to with the content of his post about discontinuing
Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread - Page 4 Screen16

Thanks for taking a looksee <3 Any feedback is appreciated! Smile
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:52 am

Hacks/10
Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread - Page 4 RvgBX5s

Last edited by Sheldon on Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:30 am

Just had an idea: Transcendental Quirk. We'll see how that plays out.

Moving on, this:
Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread - Page 4 Screen17
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH0eJY95rMY

how I feel when I finally start making my theories a reality
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:33 am

Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread - Page 4 Screen10

just shit
plain, motherfucking shit
this is shit
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:08 am

Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread - Page 4 Screen11

I was all out of ideas when I had a better idea:

more shit
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:31 am

Now with extra stackz
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:40 pm

Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread - Page 4 Screen12

guys we're getting somewhere it's close to finished
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:12 pm

up to 1:30 mark
now it's a party
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:15 pm

Dapianokid's Official Previews Thread - Page 4 Screen15

Guesses for how many lines this track will have or how long it is right now will be included in credits, in order of who was closest (except for those who know already)
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:17 pm

can I edit this bojangles
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:27 pm

OTDE wrote:6000

can I edit this bojangles
but can you dip it
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:00 pm

Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:26 pm

is it bare track?
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:20 pm

efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:37 pm

nobody may edit post
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:53 am

Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:24 am

Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:28 am

When will you release?
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:36 am

Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next