We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colossus // LineBenji & KCBM & Valent19

+11
Wolf_Spirit
Ktk
Purtle
ACwazHere
Nubcake
rabid squirrel
Sirstep
darklight
Bubbles
MartinJulenissen
LineBenji
15 posters

Go down

Colossus // LineBenji & KCBM & Valent19 Empty Colossus // LineBenji & KCBM & Valent19

Post by LineBenji Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:44 pm

Links : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6qeJJroAUw

If you like , please , comment ,subscribe and rate in Youtube .
After eighteen months of work , more than 185000 line placed , Valent19 Kcbm & LineBenji present you their Masterpiece : Colossus .
The introduction is only made with Photoshop Element 5 and Mindow Movie Maker .

A tutorial for the rocks style is comming . Especially the rocks where are situated in the end .

Valent19 : https://www.youtube.com/user/valent19
KCBM : https://www.youtube.com/user/kcbm225
LineBenji : https://www.youtube.com/user/LineBenji

If someone can put the HQ or the HD embed , it will be cool . Thanks
LineBenji
LineBenji

https://www.youtube.com/user/LineBenji

Back to top Go down

Colossus // LineBenji & KCBM & Valent19 Empty Re: Colossus // LineBenji & KCBM & Valent19

Post by MartinJulenissen Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:50 pm

first part was kinda basic, but was still very good, but when u got to the end, i pwned, i loved how he music synced Very Happy
the track was meh...
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Colossus // LineBenji & KCBM & Valent19 Empty Re: Colossus // LineBenji & KCBM & Valent19

Post by Bubbles Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:51 pm

that was awesome
track was outdated and slow at some points but the scenery made up for that
got epic at the end
great job!
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by LineBenji Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:55 pm

Thanks a lot , the trick is one year old .
LineBenji
LineBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:17 pm

you should post this on .org aswell so you'll get 5 more views 8D
(no advertising)
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by darklight Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:26 pm

I liked the scenery in the beginning, not a lot, but it was still pretty good. The scenery in the end, especially that big rock formation, was great. I can't wait for the tutorial
darklight
darklight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirstep Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:58 pm

Bubbles wrote:you should post this on .org aswell so you'll get 5 more views 8D
(no advertising)

Lol, you made me lol. :P
But yeah, great track Benjay. It was definitely worth the wait, I love the vine part.
(Hopefully you know what I'm talking about.)
Sirstep
Sirstep

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:00 pm

Sheesh, that's a lot of lines. I feel bad criticizing it because I know how long it takes to draw that much stuff, but I have to.

Actually, let's start with the good parts.
- The rocks at the end. :O :O :O They blew my socks off. I've seen the shading stuff before, but those rocks, like, JUMPED off the screen.
- Artistry. Amazing artwork there, especially towards the end. Whoever drew that stuff has talent. Especially I like the bit at 3:09 because it's all completely original (except the heads)
- Normally a massive project drop off in quality towards the end, but this didn't at all. It started to from 2:30 to 3:00, but then picked back up. Great job at being consistent!

K, now for critical stuff.
- Being one year old isn't an excuse for the track. Being old means it lacks tricks, but not a sense of how the track needs to convey the scenery. It was just slow sometimes, I found myself bored and waiting for the track to move on. This wasn't really about the track, but the track kept grabbing my attention because it would slow down so much when there wasn't a lot to look at. I was also expecting it to get faster and faster, as that would have been very cool, but it kind of slowed down about 2/3 through, losing the moment.
- Monuments were random (especially the floating fruit lol) and often didn't fit the surrounding scenery. It felt like you kept the "monuments" and the track scenery separate - the track was rather repetitive and similar, where the monuments were very cool drawings, but just didn't fit.
- Also, a lot of them looked copied. Many of them were a real life object (leaning tower of pisa, eiffel tower, easter island heads, an owl/horse, some fruit, a face) or they were something that I've definitely seen before in other tracks, that you just copied. (water from evolution, stone bridge from manual mayhem, dragons from continental) Do more original stuff like at 3:09.

usually "masterpiece" means it's the best thing you will ever make. I hope it's not, I see a lot of potential for better things here! Remember than "better" does not mean a higher line count. It means a well thought out vision and some consistent scenery that makes the guy feel like he's in a little world.

EDIT: I think I forgot to say that overall, I enjoyed that track. Keep making them in any case, and keep posting them here! Very Happy

(@Bubbles - it's not a big deal, we're both LR websites so it's relevant)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nubcake Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:34 pm

rabod just doesn't like fruit, and you need fruit to stay healthy so shame on him.

anyway,yeah, the track itself wasn't that great, but i did find myself kind of just looking at the scenery more than focusing on the track.

I loved the screenshots, for the reason that when the track was playing you couldn't really see the whole awesomeness of the parts/monuments.
overall a great track!
Nubcake
Nubcake

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:28 pm

I didn't like it TBH, the main scenery for the curves (until the end) was just ugly IMO. The rock shading at the end was good, but it's a carbon copy of BHCS's preview. I dunno.
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:33 pm

Looks like towards the end you got tired/lazy.

You know the black bolded parts in the land scenery in teh beginning half or so wasn't there in some of the further parts.

In the 'slow spots' that rabod was talking about, I felt like those spots would have been better to have a 'monument'. That way you have somethign to look at/distracted from the slow/boring track part.

Not bad at all though line benji. You are a great scenery artist.

I don't really consider the dragons to be something copied, but the other stuff rabod said i do agree with about being copied.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:18 am

Loved it.
Ktk
Ktk

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:33 am

from youtube:
"I'll do some long evaluation now...
The
base scenery at the start was great, eventhough those black bits were
slightly messy, not sure why the efiiel tower was there, but it looked
amazing! The tree to dragon....EPIC! Also the owl was from clash of the
titans? The river scene was amazing! Not sure why the moi statues and
the flowers were there, though they looks amazing! Same with the fruit
and the girl. The rocks near the end were so spectacular, the music
fitted perfectly! Overall..SPECTACULAR"
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IoneRendar Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:08 am

OMG!
18 Months and 185K = Incredible!
Track was good, scenery epic.
The rocks in the end were just **** epic!
Can't wait to see more from u!

I gave u courage?!^^
Anyway, thanks for credits! ;-)

You beat my linecount record! 8D
Some parts were a bit empty, but that doesen't matter.

You gave me the "Epic awesome track feeling" back.^^
Congrats to finishing this monster; 18 Months is a very long time.

Pity i won't make tracks 4ever...
IoneRendar
IoneRendar

Back to top Go down

Post by LineBenji Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:22 am

@ Wolfspirit :
I tried to do a lot of different civilizations .
The chinese one : the beginning with chinese writing and some chinese stuff .

The roman one : the Pisa tower

The greek one : Cupidon , the discus thrower , Pégase , the aqueduct and Titan who carry the aqueduct like he carries the world , the grek owl , Col(l)ossus in greek letters , and the Ulysse boat in the mediterranean sea .

The easter island one : the easter island statues and the exotic flower

The future one for finish : the irrealist finish with a lot of different stuff ( woman head , cherry , banana , grape ) and the technological stuff .

@ ACwazHere :

Thanks for your straightforwardness =)

@ RabbitSquirrel :
The monument are copy , yes . But it's just a copy of the video "My LineRider screen " . At that time , i didn't know Bhsc or any one else exept Techdawg , Sorvius or LineBuster .
For the Dragons , LRG didn't inspire me cause i drew the dragon scene before his continental posting .

For the ending rocks , I take inspiration of Bhcs preview and for the water too but it's all . Drawing an aqueduct is easy , i know Sorvius is drawing bridges in this style but i didn't copy him . I tried three many kind of studwork and the only one which work good with the track is the rock studwork . Indeed , there were no bricks in greek period =) .

And by the way , thank you very much for your review . It is awesome . This is that that i'm looking for . =)
LineBenji
LineBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by Moizut Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:51 am

Hello ! It's Me ! I just would like to congratulate my friend LineBenji for his great track ! I have already commented on YouTube and on Linerider.fr, thus I would say nothing here !
Moizut
Moizut

Back to top Go down

Post by chaomocha Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:07 am

o nice work. i see wat you did there with the whole progressive work after a while. i liked it alot! scenery was good well like towards the end but during it reminded me of tht cemeteries track or w/e its calld. track was a bit slow for me, even wen it picked up speed, but thts just me. nice work, keep it up!!
chaomocha
chaomocha

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:29 am

LineBenji wrote:@ Wolfspirit :
I tried to do a lot of different civilizations .
The chinese one : the beginning with chinese writing and some chinese stuff .

The roman one : the Pisa tower

The greek one : Cupidon , the discus thrower , Pégase , the aqueduct and Titan who carry the aqueduct like he carries the world , the grek owl , Col(l)ossus in greek letters , and the Ulysse boat in the mediterranean sea .

The easter island one : the easter island statues and the exotic flower

The future one for finish : the irrealist finish with a lot of different stuff ( woman head , cherry , banana , grape ) and the technological stuff
I suppose so, but you need to make the transitions of scene change smoother than randomly, eventhough they all looked amazing! GREAT WORK!
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Absox Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:24 am

Hmm. Even though the recording was a tad slow, and the track a tad outdated, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience for me.

While the execution of the scenery wasn't always perfect, the concept was pretty nice, and the music went along with it pretty well.

A little simplistic in terms of shading, and it wasn't always scened the most evenly, but it was, all in all, a nice creation.
Absox
Absox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down