We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phunner - Cereal

+32
Rafael
Chui Ninji
Sssschiller
Conundrumer
LineMagiX
Danthedragonman
Stallie
IGLima
Yobanjojoe
shammies
efrazable
ACwazHere
Diotoxin
OTDE
GhostY
roflmaoqwerty
SethComposerGuy
Chuggers
theacp127
hypothet
Wolf_Spirit
Pawel3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Votale
Wizzy
Summoning
Helios Pavonine
gaoyubao
[senpai] kevans
Fauxfyre
Lankher
Cereal
36 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Phunner - Cereal - Page 2 Empty Re: Phunner - Cereal

Post by Yobanjojoe Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:12 pm

hoooolllyyyy motherf*cker of god
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by IGLima Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:37 pm

So much lulz. So much awesome. Eep
IGLima
IGLima

Featured Video: Silent Flame Scened

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:15 pm

Dude wow, I don't know what to say.... the styles of this track a really mind blowing, like the flow and sync is just great as well but those styles. The manuals are really great especially the switching of them and the curves are very smooth too. I also like the quirky parts as well as the modern quirk parts of the track as well. The other things a liked where those cool tricks and the scenery was actually funny, but it did look like something from jagged peak; l lastly like that off sledding, I think it is the best off sledding I have every seen and how did he get back on his sled at the end there, that must have taken a lot of skill and plus that stall was really sick. Overall that track is really amazing and it should be in featured, very very nice job cereal. 8D
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:19 pm

This could win EB3 by itself.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Alright though, actual comments.

This track made me realize how much other cool shit we could be doing with naked tracks. We don't have to just do flings and manuals. We should all try to do things that are weird and cool. I can't just suggest things of course because it requires dat creativity. But damn Cereal you got dem juices flowing
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:28 pm

This deserves a
Phunner - Cereal - Page 2 5199415760_9f644b0623_z
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Danthedragonman Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:48 am

that blew my mind just wow that was amazing
Danthedragonman
Danthedragonman

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:50 pm

Omg that was soo cool! 8D i'm your biggest fan
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:49 pm

ACwazHere wrote:Alright though, actual comments.

This track made me realize how much other cool shit we could be doing with naked tracks. We don't have to just do flings and manuals. We should all try to do things that are weird and cool. I can't just suggest things of course because it requires dat creativity. But damn Cereal you got dem juices flowing

The way I would put it, shit just got post-modern.
That was absolutely amazing. Like the I-would-totally-jack-your-style kind of amazing.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:11 pm

HOLY COW!! That was so cool! You have my respect!
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:55 pm

Alright, I think now is about the right time for make this post.

@lankher - Thanks (also, grats on holding up as the first commenter ;o)
@shotoku - Indeed, and thanks
@kevans - Thanks. That is one issue is that the intro quirk is a bit long, but I didn't plan on making this a Ph track until I got about 100 seconds in, haha
@gao - kTahsn
@HP - Thanks dawg
@Sum - Thanks bro
@Wizzy - Thanks mayne
@Votale - Thanks muchacho
@splash - Thanks man
@Pawel - Thanks hombre
@Wolf - Gracias
@HG42 - lol, that's another thing that I made sure of that carried over from Phun. The music isn't required to enjoy it, but it's a nice addition. And thank you!
@Wizzy(2) - ca$h m0ney
@acp - Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that. Everything up until that wobbly horizontal nosie is all blue. Also, thanks.
@chugs - Thanks; I couldn't really think of much original content, so I figured that it would be clever to incorporate some old school scenery shiz.
@SCG - Thanks; glad to hear that this track has some replay value ;o
@qwerty - Thanks; idk if "meme" is the right term for that, but I see where you're coming from with that, haha.
@GhostY - Well, I actually had an ongoing preview thread since November 2012 that had pics and such. Thank you, though!
@OTDE - Thank you sir
@Dio - I'm honored to hear that.
@AC - I'm rly honored to hear that.
@shotoku(2) - hm... perhaps, but idk if the 2 minute quirk at the start would hold new peoples' attention, lol.
@efraz - Thanks, and I also noticed the quote in your sig ;D
@sham - ThankssssssssssssssssSSSSSS!1!one!eleven
@yoban - Thanks, yo
@IGLima/e/i/o/u - So much thanks
@stallie - Thanks, and great review!
@acp(s) - shhh, don't spoil the elite's entry
@AC(2) - That's an interesting way to put it. With a game (or 'toy') that's so open ended, there's really no reason to limit yourself to arbitrary standards.
@efraz(2) - I hope so
@Dan - Thank you, ma'am
@Kram - Yup, that was the intent. Though it probably would have been easier to do onsled - making that body fling was a pain, lol. Thanks.
@boo - Thanks, hopefully you're a big enough fan to keep me cool in the muggiest of weather.
@Conun - Thanks; I'm honored to hear that you want to jack-my-swag.
@Ssss - Thanks homie'

Overall, I am definitely stoked at the praise that this track got. Smile
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:59 am

I love this. Do more. kthx.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:23 am

Before I watched this track I read all the comments and thought to myself "Ok. This track will be Cereal resurrecting old, forgotten tricks, but then a lot more. Kind of showing of his creativity like others show off their skill." As I watched through this track I thought my expectations were kind of met, but as the track progressed I was slowly thrown off that thought. I really didn't think there could possibly be someone who is so talented (and willing) that he is able to make something like this. What you did here, C, is out of this world.

As for now, I'm speechless.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jam Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:46 am

This track is the best explanation as to why I still lurk around and watch tracks being released from time to time. Being around since the times when most of the "revived" tricks in this track were novel honestly make this track one of the most nostalgic and feel-good tracks I've ever watched. It was honestly quite an emotional set of few minutes, watching this. Cereal, you have excelled in every aspect of trackmaking with this release, and more than congratulate you, I thank you for that. With that bieng said, this is still a relevant track as a current release, for all of its quirks and details, and made me consider starting a new track (yes, it was that good).

Again, thank you for this track, it is special, and deserves to be treated as such.
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:56 am

HOLY SHOE

I don't even know what else to say I'll have to come back later
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:49 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:HOLY SHOE

gaoyubao wrote:Gratulations Cereal! Totally deserved this. Now what will rabid say...
Called it.
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:01 pm

Votale beat ya.

Congrats Cereal! Very Happy
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:34 pm

I'm interested to hear what you'll have to say. :3
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:57 pm

gaoyubao wrote:

gaoyubao wrote:Gratulations Cereal! Totally deserved this. Now what will rabid say...
Called it.

I beat both of you. Everyone SMD.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:35 am

Congratulations Very Happy
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:41 pm

k.

So for the first... I'd say about 2:30, I was putting this in the "really awesome creative track category". Then at 3:30 I was like "wtf is this I don't even"
Then at 4:00 I was DYING OF HYSTERICAL AWED LAUGHTER basically for the rest of the track

Conun hit the nail on the head. Shit just got postmodern. If that is confusing, think about it this way. Postmodernism is all about playfully smashing constructs - taking preconceived expectations and defying them. This track is basically the first postmodern line rider masterpiece. Basically it defies any and all constructs spectacularly and the result is something really awesome.

Okay let's just start at the start and go through
- funny false loading screen is funny and also postmodern
- this first section is fun and playful. and extremely creative. tons of great moments, they happen like every 2 seconds so I'm not gonna list them all. but here are some.
- The bit at 1:34 I actually had to look at the .sol to understand. Awesome way to make that into something cool without color playback though.
- 2:03 has that ever been done before?
- I don't know why I liked 2:23 so much but I did.
- Around 2:30 I was getting really excited with the music and the speed building, and then we get this long thing at 2:50 that is sooooooo smooth and it's just such a cool contrast
- The track with the music felt like it was building to something and then we get this stuff at 3:30ish that is just like WAT followed by THIS IS THE BEST
- 3:29 pretty sure you rode on the inside of that just to spite me. Postmodernism at work!
- This whole section was a parody of/tribute to 1) Jagged Peak 2) Die at the Slopes, which is just great and totally unexpected. The aspect ratio change heightens the WTF moment and I love that.
- I love how 3:39 pokes fun at Dark Matter. So great.
- and then we finally get the payoff! It's so clear you planned the scenery bit and this to come after it, and that shows a truly great vision. This is probably the most effective in-context build-and-release moment in line rider to date (possible exception is explosivo, which is not a surprise) The intense visible pressure and compressed, agitated motion, the zooming in, the animated countdown (whihc blew my mind) and then what is probably the most dramatic and effective AND CREATIVE kramual EVER. I couldn't have dreamed up a better moment than this. I literally burst out laughing and fell out of my chair. LITERALLY.
- The shark jump at 4:12 was another hilarious reference. And perfectly placed.
- 4:28 was just great, blasting past the name and then all the scenery
- and then the offsled! So unexpected and so GREAT. and then the getting back on the sled - basically saying "yeah, not possible but who cares I'm making it happen anyway" (postmodernism!) and because the track is so ridiculously expectation-smashing it just works. And then the ending is like, yeah I went past the whole track and off to the left but look I'm back! Oh wait but I just did something else impossible so you don't care anymore do you.

The thing thats really great about this track is that none of the crazy stuff was used as an excuse, or gimmick, or came out of nowhere, or had no rhyme or reason. It all built really effectively so that by the end where you're just blatantly smashing the possible we are totally on board.

And then on top of that, it's clear from every second of this track that you are REALLY talented as a trackmaker, and that your talents lie all across the map - and all the postmodernism doesn't hinder that in the slightest. But most of all, you're talented at conveying stuff to the viewer, and I believe this is something you are easily better at than anyone else in line rider. This track was a masterpiece of conveyance.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:48 pm

I'm honored, rabid! Some of those details that you mentioned (such as the Dark Matter thing) were highly unintentional, but it's interesting that you could look at it with your own perspective.

What I find ironic (and kinda hypocritical) is how I've always been against the whole modern emotion/syncing aspect of tracks. =p
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FlagCapper Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:01 am

From Youtube:
And yet, somehow, this game is still epic.

Good shit.

Seriously, nice job. It's very difficult to be creative in LR anymore, and you pulled it off very well. Agreed with the post-modernism thing; it's very much like the way art developed. At first the impressive aspect of it was the ability to create something exactly as it should be -- simply a demonstration of raw skill. The ZNF days were all about discovering new tricks and making things faster, flow better, and just generally handling the rider in a more impressive way. After people like Techdawg and BHCS scenery was about rendering things as realistically and as detailed as possible. This is quite damaging to line rider, because most people don't have the time it takes to display that skill (essentially why I stopped playing), and so fewer people are encouraged to make tracks, and the scene slowly dies.

A post-modernist revolution would be nice. =P

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:25 am

FlagCapper wrote:From Youtube:
And yet, somehow, this game is still epic.

Good shit.

Seriously, nice job. It's very difficult to be creative in LR anymore, and you pulled it off very well. Agreed with the post-modernism thing; it's very much like the way art developed. At first the impressive aspect of it was the ability to create something exactly as it should be -- simply a demonstration of raw skill. The ZNF days were all about discovering new tricks and making things faster, flow better, and just generally handling the rider in a more impressive way. After people like Techdawg and BHCS scenery was about rendering things as realistically and as detailed as possible. This is quite damaging to line rider, because most people don't have the time it takes to display that skill (essentially why I stopped playing), and so fewer people are encouraged to make tracks, and the scene slowly dies.

A post-modernist revolution would be nice. =P

Well this sounds exciting Very Happy

But that's not to say it still won't take a long time to make new tracks considering the amount of skill that is still required to create something impressive, and of course, creative. But it does give us a whole new path to discover.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:40 am

Bump. (Sue me Hehe)

I think everyone should take one more look at this track and realize how much this track is starting/continuing to influence track making of today. Hats off to Cereal, again.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next