We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ToC4?

+15
CHiH
katamariroller22
Inukaza
Chui Ninji
Rafael
Opal Rider
Chuggers
TheRevTastic
Stallie
efrazable
CamQuartr
SethComposerGuy
Cereal
Traxis
rabid squirrel
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should we have ToC4?

ToC4? Vote_lcap39%ToC4? Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 11 ]
ToC4? Vote_lcap18%ToC4? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 5 ]
ToC4? Vote_lcap29%ToC4? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 8 ]
ToC4? Vote_lcap14%ToC4? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

ToC4? Empty ToC4?

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:52 pm

What do you think?

Know that what we do is not necessarily determined by this poll, only influenced by it.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

ToC4? Empty Re: ToC4?

Post by Traxis Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Last 100 tracks = Quirks
ToC 4 Entries will be -> Quirks
I don't like quirks, therefore I don't care.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:06 pm

Either this winter or next summer. :|
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:28 pm

No matter when we have a toc, someone will want to extend the date, so I say right away as we've already had 2 years to prepare for it. :P
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:37 pm

August?

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:50 pm

SethComposerGuy wrote:No matter when we have a toc, someone will want to extend the date, so I say right away as we've already had 2 years to prepare for it. :P
QFT

And @cam, most of us have school in august/september, so july would be better (IMO)
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:25 pm

I would saw August or September should be fine for TOC 4.
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:51 pm

Stallie wrote:I would saw August or September should be fine for TOC 4.

You can see months? Panic
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:57 pm

TheRevTastic wrote:

ha

Maybe the deadline could be at the end of the summer or a bit later so we don't have to worry about school work or whatever people worry about these days
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:03 pm

TheRevTastic wrote:

*say
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:12 pm

efrazable wrote:
SethComposerGuy wrote:No matter when we have a toc, someone will want to extend the date, so I say right away as we've already had 2 years to prepare for it. :P
QFT

And @cam, most of us have school in august/september, so july would be better (IMO)

It would allow you for the entire month of july to work on a track then

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:35 pm

I suppose having submissions due by the end of July would give everyone about 2 months to finish up any projects they happen to be working on.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:09 pm

Guys... we can't hold a ToC in a month. 2 months absolute minimum, 3 months more realistically. Either we start in July or it's not happening this summer.

EDIT: also I really don't want to hold it after school's started. We've had enough trouble getting enough of a voting body in the past.

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:10 pm

July. I'd have a better chance of winning. Inverted Onoz Not that I have much of one anyways.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Doesn't really matter when, but it'd be a shame if ToC3 would be the last one.
ToC is one of the biggest highlights on WRtL if not the biggest.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Start it within a week or 2, have it end mid-late august. This gives us close to 2 months, and it would still be summer so we can be active and not have school.
This is the most logical possibility I can think of.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Traxis wrote:Start it within a week or 2, have it end mid-late august. This gives us close to 2 months, and it would still be summer so we can be active and not have school.

Nope. Because many people are out of school around this time and it would be nice to give people a chance to make a couple of good tracks while they have more time. Plus what is up with that active stuff, I really don't like that at all; I mean if you want to be active do it on your own time. Other than that, I don't really agree with your logic.
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Stallie wrote:
Traxis wrote:Start it within a week or 2, have it end mid-late august. This gives us close to 2 months, and it would still be summer so we can be active and not have school.

Nope. Because many people are out of school around this time and it would be nice to give people a chance to make a couple of good tracks while they have more time. Plus what is up with that active stuff, I really don't like that at all; I mean if you want to be active do it on your own time. Other than that, I don't really agree with your logic.

except, as Rabid said, we would then have to hold it during school which would result in far fewer votes making the voting results a lot less accurate. now, I would suggest opening up a thread allowing for submissions asap with the deadline the end of this month and have toc officially start the Second week of July. This way, we could allow people to submit more than one of their videos (if they don't plan on finishing another track), and then someone would put a poll up the day after to decide which of their tracks should be entered in Toc. Finally the first week of July would hold the polls of the tracks of people who made a track these past 2 years but didn't submit a video.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:17 pm

Have entries open soonish, and do the voting over winter break. That way we have lots of time to prepare, even with school starting again in the fall. Regardless, we all know 90% of us are procrastinators, so regardless of how much time you give us, we're probably going to finish our track in a month or something. The time is for the 10% of us that actually do things before the last minute.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:31 pm

July, I'll go ahead and finish my Anni and Toc4 entry this week or something.

Also, everyone should have expected TOC to happen, no reason to give the people extra time to start a new track now that they have CONFIRMATION that we're doing it. Live life for the moment and future.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:Also, everyone should have expected TOC to happen, no reason to give the people extra time to start a new track now that they have CONFIRMATION that we're doing it. Live life for the moment and future.

QFT
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:47 pm

Stallie wrote:

You're dumb.

We can't start it now because rabid needs time to prep with other staff. After getting everything ready and such, we would be able to begin with official threads in a week or two. That's the earliest we can get. Then we have lots of time before school starts to make tracks. That gives us time and activity on the site. You forget that when people are in college they can't be on. Some people straight up leave for a few weeks or months, some only come on for 10-15 minutes twice a week. If we have voting at the end of August before most people go to school, we have a lot of activity, but still enough time to make good tracks.

As for this line

Noob Who Thought He Was Smart wrote:
I mean if you want to be active do it on your own time.
People's "own time" = free time. If people are in school, they have far less free time. That sentence was basically attacking yourself, as people who do want to be active can be far more active in the summer, hence why it needs to happen in July / August, not before, not after.

If voting can't be held in the last week or 2 of August / first week of September, it shouldn't happen, because the votes would be highly inaccurate.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by katamariroller22 Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:31 pm

/unlurk mode activate.

I think the end of August would be a perfect time to have it. But I also know that there are going to be people complaining about the date no matter when it happens, that's just the nature of things.

Now time for me to get back to my track so I can enter ToC4 Smile

katamariroller22

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:39 pm

It's not gunna happen :|
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:12 am

TheRevTastic wrote:It's not gunna happen :|

It will... eventually!

(Whether that's the short or long version of the word, that's up to you to decide.)
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum