We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my debut track

+6
WishLine
JoaTrades
weebit
Cereal
Pinter
Fauxfyre
10 posters

Go down

my debut track Empty my debut track

Post by Fauxfyre Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:22 am

So I have been playing line rider since the beginning, but this is the first track i have ever posted. I originally posted this on elitelinerider.com, but I figured I might as well post it here to. Comments are always appreciated!
P.S. I apologize for my poor video editing skills. I'm working on them.

Please watch on Youtube because I couldn't understand Rabid Squirrel's advanced embedding post to get it in wide screen

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

my debut track Empty Re: my debut track

Post by Pinter Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:32 am

you are pretty good, but maybe do something about the smoothness of your manuals or something ?
Pinter
Pinter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:56 am

Wow, that was great for a debut track! I started in a similar way, in which I was around since LR was pretty much created, but didn't join until 2008. :P

You seem to have the concept of basic manuals and flings down (and that was a nice pinch recycle, btw). I would suggest experimenting with other tricks. Try adding more tail manuals into your track, because it's important to have an even nose/tail ratio in most cases. Also practice with new fling types.

Looking forward to your next release. Thumbs Up
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by weebit Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:15 am

Cereal wrote:Wow, that was great for a debut track! I started in a similar way, in which I was around since LR was pretty much created, but didn't join until 2008. :P

You seem to have the concept of basic manuals and flings down (and that was a nice pinch recycle, btw). I would suggest experimenting with other tricks. Try adding more tail manuals into your track, because it's important to have an even nose/tail ratio in most cases. Also practice with new fling types.

Looking forward to your next release. Thumbs Up

Wow, Cereal you saved me some typing.
weebit
weebit

Back to top Go down

my debut track Empty Pretty cool first release

Post by JoaTrades Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Not too bad of a first release. There's certainly some room for improvement though.

The pressure of flings isn't something that I think should be criticized excessively because sometimes using a fling that isn't as strong as possible can be done intentionally to get a different effect or maintain a certain flow in the track. In this case though I feel like a lot of your flings were just lazily weak.

A lot of the manuals were poorly balanced and a lot of them were nose. Try for more manual variety and better balanced next time. I actually kind of liked the head manual at 1:26 because most people don't do head manuals that way so it was kind of refreshing to see.

The trick variety was good for a first release but it still could be a lot better. Also think about where in the track the different tricks appear. I think it's good to have a constant variety of tricks to keep the track interesting as apposed to having a lot of similar tricks appearing one after another. I'm sure you seen tracks where it's just a lot of spidey flings. It's rather boring.

The video editing was pretty lousy. The first twelve seconds where you're just staring at a panoramic view of the track was really awkward. It probably would have been better if you had put some opening titles or something there. The ending titles were interesting enough but nothing special. Also the song didn't fit too well with the track especially as far as syncing goes.

Overall that was a pretty cool first release and I think you have a lot of potential if you keep improving and making tracks as well as working on your video editing skills.
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:53 pm

For a first release this is some serious Line Riding. Before I get into the praise, I'd like to point out just these things:

0:33, you have a manual going and then he goes flat near the top. Nothing says "Oh, @#?~ it, cba" like a collapsing manual that doesn't look planned. The other flatsledding looked deliberate and fine

1:24ish - personally, not a fan of this sort of head-riding, but you made a loop of it which counters this somewhat.

But seriously, to be doing flings, nose manual loops and elevators is very, very impressive. Get some advice from established 'quirk/manual' type riders, watch their tracks, and I'll be fascinated by how things develop for you.

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:37 pm

That was a pretty nice track, but there are many things that you could improve on. Your wells could be stronger, try stacking and deleting stacks until your wells are nice and strong. Your curves are pretty rough, try making those curves smooth. Over all it was pretty nice, keep going. Wink
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by chaomocha Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:13 pm

I really liked it. I mean, your not ZNF yet haha, but the music choice is chill, the track is very relaxed, looks like you put some effort into it but wasn't stressing out if every line wasn't absolutely perfect. but this is what i really missed the most when I left line rider. not the adrenaline rush tracks that I like to make, but back in like 2008 when there were like 10 new tracks a day instead of 10 tracks a week. haha idk why I'm thinking about that, but this track reminded me of it. it also reminded me of spring... i like spring. well done sir... well done... 8D
chaomocha
chaomocha

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:08 pm

Loved the cake.
I think the track was good, you should work on making your wells stronger and your manuals better because this is what hedge is going to post. But as long as you had fun.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the feedback and you can look forward to a another "cleaner" track from me next time. I'm glad so many of you like it

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:32 pm

shotoku64 wrote:Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the feedback and you can look forward to a another "cleaner" track from me next time. I'm glad so many of you like it

You're welcome. Please, stay active and shoot us any questions you like in Help Centre. Smile

WishLine

Back to top Go down

my debut track Empty Nice job.

Post by theacp127 Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:02 pm

For a first published track that is really good. I give is 7/10. Smile
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content