We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cheetah - SCG & Rafael

+24
RyderLR
SPL4SHZ0N3
SethComposerGuy
Sheldon
CamQuartr
automatizer
Wizzy
Painlobster
Cereal
pure5152
Helios Pavonine
Lankher
Votale
Stallie
[senpai] kevans
Xanth
Inukaza
efrazable
Opal Rider
Pinter
rabid squirrel
OTDE
Se7eN
Rafael
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Cheetah - SCG & Rafael - Page 2 Empty Re: Cheetah - SCG & Rafael

Post by CamQuartr Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:50 pm

dat trick at 1:55

what the hell, you guys are amazing

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:56 pm

I angers me so much when you complain about my tracks being a mash up of the hardest tricks possible, and then you make this. Get some sense Rafael.
Rafael wrote:You should make tracks more "from the heart" instead of trying to be impressive. Valance was a showoff of your skills, and Silhouette was a showoff of how you can other things than tricks. At least, that's the feeling I get when watching these tracks. This also looks like a showoff. Make whatever you want instead of what (you think) the audience wants.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Sheldon wrote:I angers me so much when you complain about my tracks being a mash up of the hardest tricks possible, and then you make this. Get some sense Rafael.
Rafael wrote:You should make tracks more "from the heart" instead of trying to be impressive. Valance was a showoff of your skills, and Silhouette was a showoff of how you can other things than tricks. At least, that's the feeling I get when watching these tracks. This also looks like a showoff. Make whatever you want instead of what (you think) the audience wants.
I made it? It's a collab, give SCG some credit man. I'm not even going to argue with you about the rest.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:17 pm

SCG makes that kind of stuff and it's good. I like it, you like it. But you hate what I make because it is skill based.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:24 pm

thanks for all the comments.
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Sheldon has a point :P
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Sheldon wrote:SCG makes that kind of stuff and it's good. I like it, you like it. But you hate what I make because it is skill based.

Everyone knows how amazing you are, Sheldon <3
(this is not sarcasm)

What the crap double post

Last edited by Wizzy on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Sheldon wrote:SCG makes that kind of stuff and it's good. I like it, you like it. But you hate what I make because it is skill based.

Everyone knows how amazing you are, Sheldon <3
(this is not sarcasm)
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Rafael wrote:
kevansevans wrote:
Rafael wrote:
kevansevans wrote:I don't want to sound like a douche, but there is something about it that didn't make my jaw drop. sure it was pro.... but....
The key to good criticism is having the ability to define that "something".

It just didn't amaze me, that's all.
<_<, of course there's a reason, and I find it kind of annoying that you give negative criticism and aren't able to word it. I can take criticism, but I can't take bad criticism.

Okay you want criticism? I hated it... Too many flow killers, I was worrying more about every little flow killer rather than enjoy how pro it was. Second, I found it extremism choppy going from trick to trick. Third, moved around the screen to much, it had too much speed variance, just fast and slow slow and fast, it wasn't even! If I don't like it, then I don't like it.

:|
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:49 pm

kevansevans wrote:Too many flow killers, I was worrying more about every little flow killer rather than enjoy how pro it was. Second, I found it extremism choppy going from trick to trick. Third, moved around the screen to much, it had too much speed variance, just fast and slow slow and fast, it wasn't even!
O.o

I don't think I've ever seen such completely-not-true criticism... flow killers? choppy? too much speed variation? this track?

Spoiler:
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:00 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Spoiler:
I think more butthurt.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:14 pm

If I tell you do you promise not to leave because of it? lol

The biggest factor in this track, is that SCG and Rafael sustained their tricks long enough to please the eye. By that, I mean that the tricks they did here are able to be seen and comprehended. Without the need for a .sol, etc. This is a big thing your tracks lack in 99% of the tricks. Not all of them, just most. Also, music syncing adds a lot to this track. I'd much rather here this than some meant-to-be-epic-as-possible music or some techno remix of Coldplay. Also, rather than having ASDF after ASDF and such to get power, they used flings that were pleasing to the eye, which brings about the sustaining of said flings making them even better. Those are some big things. Happy Shelly Welly?
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:19 pm

Votale wrote:

The biggest factor in this track, is that SCG and Rafael sustained their tricks long enough to please the eye. By that, I mean that the tricks they did here are able to be seen and comprehended. Without the need for a .sol, etc. This is a big thing your tracks lack in 99% of the tricks. Not all of them, just most. Also, music syncing adds a lot to this track. I'd much rather hear this than some meant-to-be-epic-as-possible music or some techno remix of Coldplay. Also, rather than having ASDF after ASDF and such to get power, they used flings that were pleasing to the eye, which brings about the sustaining of said flings making them even better. Those are some big things. Happy Shelly Welly?
Which of my tracks has ASDF after ASDF to gain power? You are making generalizations about my tracks that are far from the truth. This tracks had far more ASDFs than any of my tracks. And of course music is all about opinion.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:36 pm

I like netsky D:
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Sheldon wrote:Which of my tracks has ASDF after ASDF to gain power? You are making generalizations about my tracks that are far from the truth. This tracks had far more ASDFs than any of my tracks. And of course music is all about opinion.

Oh my bad ASDF then dual fling. My bad. Still doesn't erase the fact that the tricks in this track are sustained and therefore more pleasing to the eye.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:41 pm

Votale wrote:

The biggest factor in this track, is that SCG and Rafael sustained their tricks long enough to please the eye. By that, I mean that the tricks they did here are able to be seen and comprehended. Without the need for a .sol, etc. This is a big thing your tracks lack in 99% of the tricks. Not all of them, just most. Also, music syncing adds a lot to this track. I'd much rather here this than some meant-to-be-epic-as-possible music or some techno remix of Coldplay. Also, rather than having ASDF after ASDF and such to get power, they used flings that were pleasing to the eye, which brings about the sustaining of said flings making them even better. Those are some big things. Happy Shelly Welly?

somehow you think by making fun of someone, you will win an argument, and your opinion about what exactly makes a track pleasing is somehow more true. It's like an argument between country and rock and roll... Arguing about one being inherently better is futile and near-sighted. Eventually, you realize that vocalizing your differing opinion only causes unneeded discordance in the forum.

Like in Raf and SCG's new collab thread: I was neutral about it. I liked the tricks and could see the technical ability needed to make them. However, I know I could make the tricks. I liked the grandiose feel about it, but also realized that there overall consistency which was slightly boring to me. Now, because I was neutral about it doesn't mean that other people didn't love it, or hate it. However, I am not going to tell them to change the way they are making tracks because I realize that Line Rider is all about free expression of the artist. It's like what exactly makes dance better. some are fans of waltz, some are breakdancers. Some painters are abstract, others are impressionistic, others do portraits, others prefer broad strokes, others do digital. But the true artist can find the value in all art, in that art is always the expression of the artists.

As a side not, I've found it odd how linerider's track making is so comparable to both a dance and painting. Drawing every line like a painting, but the dance is unique to the dancer. Smile overall, a skillful track, and I hope both of you had fun making it.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:45 pm

1. He kind of asked why we liked this so I gave an answer. No need to get testy.
2. I happen to love the nickname Shelly Welly <3 It makes life feel like a silly sponge cake Smile

Last edited by Votale on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Okay, idk the story, i've only just come back, but wow, half of this site are jsut souchebags...it's a game/toy, why not just have fun and stop being so competative about it. why not admire others work rather than bash on it, why not have your view on something and not try to change someone else's or make it seem like yours is better than theirs. There is no need for douchebagery on a site like this, where people come to have fun and where we share a common interest, a toy on the internet, its not like its the superbowl or some [censored]. have fun, stop hating.

EDIT: THANK YOU splash (didn't see your post before this)

Last edited by ryderofthelines on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:46 pm

Votale I ant even think of an instance in any of my tracks with that complexity. There are several sustained flings in Valence, The nose/ foot dual fling, the foot/other foot ASDF and the everyframe tail chain. They are all over 1 second long. Please stop finding more faults in my tracks that don't exist. You obviously have a strong bias against me.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:50 pm

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:...
As a side not, I've found it odd how linerider's track making is so comparable to both a dance and painting. Drawing every line like a painting, but the dance is unique to the dancer. Smile overall, a skillful track, and I hope both of you had fun making it.
Easily compare a breakdancing competition involving pure skill to a tango, which is somewhat boring yet elegant. I've thought about this as well.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:02 am

now i have time to reply

top 3 of my fav bare track, i totaly love !!
is the kind of track who remember how noob i am xD
SETH
SETH

https://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:14 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
kevansevans wrote:Too many flow killers, I was worrying more about every little flow killer rather than enjoy how pro it was. Second, I found it extremism choppy going from trick to trick. Third, moved around the screen to much, it had too much speed variance, just fast and slow slow and fast, it wasn't even!
O.o

I don't think I've ever seen such completely-not-true criticism... flow killers? choppy? too much speed variation? this track?

Spoiler:

I saw flow killers, and a [censored] load of them. I'm not stupid and I'm not trolling. JUST DON"T QUESTION MY MOTIVES.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:32 pm

What are your motives?
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:25 pm

kevansevans wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:
O.o

Spoiler:

I saw flow killers, and a [censored] load of them. I'm not stupid and I'm not trolling. JUST DON"T QUESTION MY MOTIVES.
Ok, I just watched again and saw zero. Can you name what times the bazillion flow killers were at?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:49 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
kevansevans wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:
O.o

Spoiler:

Ok, I just watched again and saw zero. Can you name what times the bazillion flow killers were at?

gawd I have to watch it again.

0:17, 0:24, 0:25 - 0:26, 0:45 - 0:50, 1:06, 1:08, 1:15 - 1:16, 1:33, 1:34, 1:36, 1:41, 2:00. Stern but Fair
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next