We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Remember

+22
GhostY
Georgio_jc
Wizzy
Sssschiller
Loz
mhenr18
IGLima
Yobanjojoe
Kohuda
linerage
weebit
Cereal
Kayped
TheRevTastic
Jalangen
Opal Rider
efrazable
Wolf_Spirit
bbshabob1
ACwazHere
rabid squirrel
linerider_dude321
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I Remember Empty I Remember

Post by linerider_dude321 Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:35 pm

I remember when Iridethelines was up.
I remember when THIS website was called Iridethelines.
I remember when everyone looked up to TechDawg.
I remember when everyone would go, "OMG" when RideLiner talked in the chat box section.
I remember when I even collabed with RideLiner and everyone though my part was going to fail. (Lol)
I remember when the forum was very small (And it still is) and everyone knew everyone and the chat box was actually used and more populated.
I remember when Hedge wasn't a forum Admin
I remember when Wolf_Spirit was just a regular member Eep
I know now that a lot of the people back in the day that are still playing line rider are now ranked.
I remember wen I wuld talk like dis becuz i tought it was esair to type like dis. (Because I was in 4th grade...) xP
I remember when D: 8D Inverted Onoz Eep Hehe weren't smiles.
I remember the old people that use to play linerider and were really good. (Such as FlagCapper but I don't know if he still plays).

So... what do you remember?

A bit about myself:

For those of you who still remember me or know me, I usually come around the forum once in awhile usually to post in the off topic section. I don't really play linerider but I sometimes play around if I get bored and maybe post up a new track every once in awhile.

When I was really active on the forum I was in like 4-5th grade so my grammar wasn't the best. NOW I am in 9th grade. And as of now, I play mostly minecraft and a little bit of, runescape. (Currently working an a massive MineCraft server with my friends). Probably in a week or so i'll start putting up my Minecraft videos in the off topic section for those here who like to play MineCraft

I like to make music with some software I have (Fl Studio) and from time to time I play around with Adobe After Effects.

So again... What do you remember?
linerider_dude321
linerider_dude321

Back to top Go down

I Remember Empty Re: I Remember

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:44 pm

linerider_dude321 wrote:I remember when Iridethelines was up.
I remember when the original (phpbb) IRTL was up
linerider_dude321 wrote:I remember when everyone looked up to TechDawg.
I remember when everyone was disappointed by Monumental
linerider_dude321 wrote:I remember when everyone would go, "OMG" when RideLiner talked in the chat box section.
I remember when everyone would go "OMG" when TechDawg posted in the shoutbox
linerider_dude321 wrote:I remember when I even collabed with RideLiner and everyone though my part was going to fail. (Lol)
I remember when I collabed with DaPoe (twice)
linerider_dude321 wrote:I remember when the forum was very small (And it still is) and everyone knew everyone and the chat box was actually used and more populated.
I remember when the forum was huge and nobody knew everyone. I remember when it was several hours of work per day to review every track posted in the green room.
linerider_dude321 wrote:I remember when Hedge wasn't a forum Admin
I remember when LineBeast wasn't a forum admin
linerider_dude321 wrote:I remember when Wolf_Spirit was just a regular member Eep
I remember when ZNF was just a regular member
linerider_dude321 wrote:I remember when D: 8D Inverted Onoz Eep Hehe weren't smiles.
I remember when I petitioned TechDawg to add the :P smiley back
linerider_dude321 wrote:I remember the old people that use to play linerider and were really good. (Such as FlagCapper but I don't know if he still plays).
I remember the old people that used to play line rider and were really good (such as namtlade)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:50 pm

what was the point in 1upping everything he said? w/e

I remember my Power Rider days. I mean... day.
I remember the first clan I tried to join: Flippy Floppy Riders, created by Flippy512
I remember my old clan, The Mudkipz, with me, absox, draco_mad, AfroThunder, kohuded, Eibwen, and a few others
I remember when Eibwen was my only internet friend, and his old screen name "eibwen th cleric"
I remember when I was promoted to Jr Admin; it was 2am on a schoolnight in 10th grade. I talked to rabid and TD for a short while in the shoutbox afterwards
I remember using my friend's computer at his house to stop a spam attack/hatefest between IRTL and .org because no other mods were around
I remember when GFX sub-forums existed, and when the GFX section was more active than this whole site today (or at least it felt that way)... I was so intimidated by everyone in there because I had never even heard of such a thing
I remember the IRTL IRC channel that had a trivia bot
I remember playing CS:S with namtlade =[
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by bbshabob1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:07 pm

considering that i was only here for a month i dont remember any of this stuff but sounds sad these flashbacks and that i never got to meet people like tech dawg and rider line Sad oh and flag capper dont play anymore sadly
bbshabob1
bbshabob1

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:09 pm

I remember uploading a track every week (for a while)
I remember the invasion of Pisaman.
I remember joining a LR forum called Line Artists, it died shortly though ¬¬
I remember playing runescape with Bing :P
I remember priview threads which seemed to have >9000 replies...
I remember the 'top rep' counter at the top of the page.
I remember some member putting me in a list of about 5 people who 'kept the site going' back on my first year here, I felt very proud :3
I remember knowing nothing about forums and getting some sort of warning for bumping threads, lol.
I remember posting in Hedge's intro thread (no-one else's strangley) and loling a bit because the title was 'hello fellows'

Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bbshabob1 Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:35 pm

i remmber thinking i was terrible at linerider cause i didnt no about ghost i remember thing FC was the b all and end all i rember hearig of tech dawg 2 weeks later on the livestream i rember the days wen i thought a flatsled was unreal i reember hearing of ELR but thinking you need an invitation to join i remember seeing beta 3600 comment saying fluttershy kicked him outta ELR i was jealous of him bing elr i remember my first scened track which i by accident delted by using the sme name on another crap track
bbshabob1
bbshabob1

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:37 pm

I remember my first thread :3 . It was magical.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:43 pm

I remember when hedge retired.
I remember when I tried to find Splash's facebook, but couldn't because there were multiple people with the same name.
I remember when we streamed movies and commented on them throughout. (not that hard, only yesterday, lol.)
I remember when Votale got hit during baseball, and posted pictures of it on here.
I remember when I convinced Princess Natasha to be more active.
I remember when my twin actually released tracks on ELR, and then promptly quit.
I remember when Eibwen creeped me out, and I was almost afraid of him. Now we're friends.
I remember when I first joined ELR, and I couldn't post tracks for about two months because I was too lazy to get a screen recorder.

You don't have to be on here a long time to have good memories. Smile
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalangen Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:52 pm

I remember you!
Jalangen
Jalangen

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:58 pm

ACwazHere wrote:what was the point in 1upping everything he said? w/e
:/ sorry
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalangen Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:00 pm

I remember almost all of these things...that makes me feel cool LOL
Jalangen
Jalangen

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:14 pm

I remember when I was GFX Rider.

I remember months later GFX Rider was gone :|.

I have more to remember but doing homework.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalangen Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:16 pm

TheRevTastic wrote:I remember when I was GFX Rider.

Oooh, you were GFX Rider? You're awesome!
Jalangen
Jalangen

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Jalangen wrote:

Oooh, you were GFX Rider? You're awesome!

Yup.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayped Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:04 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:I remember when the original (phpbb) IRTL was up

Yes! Those were the days Thumbs Up I remember when TD posted on .org that he made IRTL and it was the SHIIII-

rabid squirrel wrote:
linerider_dude321 wrote:I remember when everyone looked up to TechDawg.
I remember when everyone was disappointed by Monumental

yeah... after Discarded and stuff Monumental was kinda same old same old. Still great.

rabid squirrel wrote:I remember when the forum was huge and nobody knew everyone. I remember when it was several hours of work per day to review every track posted in the green room.

OMG YES. Minus the green room part. I felt like I had no idea what the heck i was doing at that point. It's kinda become a more tight knit group though, can't say that's better or worse.

rabid squirrel wrote: I remember when LineBeast wasn't a forum admin
Haha I remember when YOU were a measly little gray, mister. Inverted Onoz not that there's anything wrong with being gRay

rabid squirrel wrote:
linerider_dude321 wrote:I remember when D: 8D Inverted Onoz Eep Hehe weren't smiles.
I remember when I petitioned TechDawg to add the :P smiley back

Ha the smileys we used to have were hilarious...

rabid squirrel wrote:
linerider_dude321 wrote:I remember the old people that use to play linerider and were really good. (Such as FlagCapper but I don't know if he still plays).
I remember the old people that used to play line rider and were really good (such as namtlade)

Not much to report here. Remember the off-sled fad that really developed after quirk happened? That was cool too.

ACwazHere wrote:I remember when Eibwen was my only internet friend, and his old screen name "eibwen th cleric"

wow lol, don't remember that. Nice to know 8D

ACwazHere wrote:I remember when GFX sub-forums existed, and when the GFX section was more active than this whole site today (or at least it felt that way)... I was so intimidated by everyone in there because I had never even heard of such a thing

I just died a little inside. Ganoderma and me man, we had the hopping-est GFX shop around. And all us GFXers thought we were the s*** and we all actually sucked s*** as far as GFX rofl.

*tear* ^this

I can't believe how long i've floated around these forums... it's been a heck of a ride everyone. Did we celebrate IRtL's 5 year anniversary? That was back in February iirc. 2006... wow.

Cheers to those that have been in this together since the beginning.
Kayped
Kayped

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:12 pm

I hate threads like this. Only makes me miss IRtL more xD

Oh, and I am the only one who remembers when I was named ilikecereal47. (Shaddap, no one else rememberz :|)
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by weebit Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:23 pm

I remember when :iamwithsupid: was a smiley.
weebit
weebit

Back to top Go down

Post by linerider_dude321 Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:28 pm

I remember when I was part of the LCC team -.-
linerider_dude321
linerider_dude321

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:17 am

I remember when *insert line rider legend* was still alive

I remember the rep bar, and how it created so much lulzy drama.

I don't remember much, but I know alot of irtl's history.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:24 am

I remmember when Cereal was named ilikecereal47
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Kohuded wrote:I remmember when Cereal was named ilikecereal47

No you don't :| :| :|
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:09 pm

I remember winning the ban raffle..... :|
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by IGLima Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:03 pm

I remember playing beta 1, and getting really into this game. Very Happy
I remember finding IRTL, and having no idea how it worked (I was only ~9, so I didn't sign up)
I remember watching LR vids on YouTube, and getting really inspired, despite how non-skilled I was. Although because I tried pretty hard, I could soon manual well and even do basic flings. (this lasted for ~2 years)
(Took a ~1.5 year break from LR)
I remember when I joined IRTL during the last week or so it was up.
I remember finally figuring out how those freaking .sol files worked! xD
I remember posting Welcome to Metropolis (naked), and everyone basically said: "lol that was awesome, but your must be a dupe" And I was like "No I'm not D:" And then Rabid backed me up, saying I wasn't. xD
I remember releasing WTMS, and seeing how surprised people were at how well I could scene.

Other events things I remember:
-Chatting with Splash on the forum and livestream, and finding out we had oddly similar interests and personalities (and completely different LR styles lol)
-Arguing about what was good/bad DnB with Mephisto
-Trolling all of you guys in meat pies 8D
-Having great convos with all of you on the livestream and on the forum :3
-Checking out music from LR vids. (Mainly Pendulum and Sonata Arctica, because those two massively expanded my music knowledge and made me start to investigate other genres)
-Playing Minecraft with Eibwen (and Sam, Se7en, and some others)

Other events I hope to remember in the future:
-Winning/achieving something, anything in LR. :|I have no trophies, exceptional vids, featured vids, MoTWs, LAoTWs or ranks, although I did get to R3 in ToCC2. :p
-Looking back on all this in ~20 years and remembering how awesome it was. 8D
IGLima
IGLima

Featured Video: Silent Flame Scened

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:04 am

Cereal wrote:
Kohuded wrote:I remmember when Cereal was named ilikecereal47

No you don't :| :| :|

Yes I do. :|
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:32 am

Eh, random visit, might as well say what I remember.

I remember joining in the same week as Aqua, and he and I became pretty good mates because our timezones were close.
I remember when there were still mod applications, and I also remember being a total prick when I didn't get selected Very Happy
I remember being friends with TD for quite some time and talking to him on MSN.
I remember when I was good friends with fsk and talked him into releasing 6.2.
I remember when I became an Elite and TTC was still around and we all worshipped him. Actually, Aqua and I took elite within about a week of each other, that was good fun.
I remember the huge discussion about Power Riders, and how I initially was opposed to them.
I remember sending a really angry PM to TD and getting banned for 3 days and demoted to Power.
I remember when there was a glitch in the ranks and I could see the elite lounge and get into modcp as a power, that FC decided to let the team know about because he was [censored] that I stayed as Power and he didn't.
I remember getting bored with LR and starting to decompile it and mess around with everything.

And something that I remember that I wish I could have done: I remember being effectively offered an internship at inXile but having to turn it down due to school. That one sucked hard. Would have been the most awesome few months Sad

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next