We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inu anni

+5
CamQuartr
Chuggers
Derpinator
Helios Pavonine
Inukaza
9 posters

Go down

Inu anni Empty Inu anni

Post by Inukaza Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:48 pm

Inu anni JYFyt

Stop n' Go abused to the point of being confused for Flow Issues. Being creative and making every stop different. No more abusing Shoulder fling stops. Very Happy

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Inu anni Empty Re: Inu anni

Post by Helios Pavonine Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:05 pm

Shoulder fling stops are way too abused, glad to hear you're not doing the same.

Looks great so far, I love stop n' go Smile
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:13 pm

Anyone have any advice for high speed? I mean, seriously, that's hinting for whatever and asking for help. If kram or sheldon, or anyone else wants to give me some pointers, please.

Smile

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:50 pm

i love those shoulder flings stops as you call em
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:07 pm

The title of this thread when said aloud sounds pretty cool.

This track looks very unpredictable, I can't wait to see it Very Happy
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:17 pm

make it faster!

lolialreadysawtheclipsoiknowbasiclywhathappens

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:21 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:Anyone have any advice for high speed? I mean, seriously, that's hinting for whatever and asking for help. If kram or sheldon, or anyone else wants to give me some pointers, please.

Smile
Well considering it is stop and go: Speed it up using a butt or 2nd peg fling or shoulder fling if you haven't done one in at least the last 10 seconds. Use foot rolls to a hand stop and go similar to Leomur those are really epic. Use high density high rate stop and go every so often.(a few stop and goes in a row) Do grolls to power fakie tail quirky curves. I haven't done some of these things, but I could and they would be very nice.
In highspeeds: Never make a groll where he is in a tumble, he loses to much speed and it kills the flow. Use a the type of groll that speeds him up those are cool to watch and I happen to be good at them. Be sure to make the contact pulls every frame though, although this may be hard for you as you have problems with the slow motion function. And if you get a well in a groll try to make it stronger, I always do this. Make your manual pressure constant and the balance decent. Avoid forward nose manuals if you are not comfortable with them at highspeed trying to balance one may end up in a lot of speed loss as they tend to flip outwards. Do not be repetitive with manuals or flings. Do at least 1 of the following in between every few shoulder, hand, spidey or bottom nose flings. 2nd position foot, inverse nose, butt fling, 3rd position foot, 2nd peg tail, inverse hand and tail fling. And for something to impress: Inverse 2nd position foot, non-fakie inverse nose, inverse butt fling, non contact foot fling, an asdf especially nose/ spidey or second peg/ hand(my favorite).

.Don't be repetitive

.Watch the grolls.

.Use some leomur like stop and go.

.Try some impressive fling types and asdfs.

.Make a few flings longer than one second.

.Try and include a shoulder boost/ alt fling curve. Kramwood does these alot.

.Be creative Smile

Please do not quote me and say hypocrite, because I sometimes fail at the things I have listed. Also I'd appreciate if you wouldn't criticize my advice, It's all based off personal opinion.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Sheldon wrote:
Rainbow Dash wrote:Anyone have any advice for high speed? I mean, seriously, that's hinting for whatever and asking for help. If kram or sheldon, or anyone else wants to give me some pointers, please.

Smile
Well considering it is stop and go: Speed it up using a butt or 2nd peg fling or shoulder fling if you haven't done one in at least the last 10 seconds. Use foot rolls to a hand stop and go similar to Leomur those are really epic. Use high density high rate stop and go every so often.(a few stop and goes in a row) Do grolls to power fakie tail quirky curves. I haven't done some of these things, but I could and they would be very nice.
In highspeeds: Never make a groll where he is in a tumble, he loses to much speed and it kills the flow. Use a the type of groll that speeds him up those are cool to watch and I happen to be good at them. Be sure to make the contact pulls every frame though, although this may be hard for you as you have problems with the slow motion function. And if you get a well in a groll try to make it stronger, I always do this. Make your manual pressure constant and the balance decent. Avoid forward nose manuals if you are not comfortable with them at highspeed trying to balance one may end up in a lot of speed loss as they tend to flip outwards. Do not be repetitive with manuals or flings. Do at least 1 of the following in between every few shoulder, hand, spidey or bottom nose flings. 2nd position foot, inverse nose, butt fling, 3rd position foot, 2nd peg tail, inverse hand and tail fling. And for something to impress: Inverse 2nd position foot, non-fakie inverse nose, inverse butt fling, non contact foot fling, an asdf especially nose/ spidey or second peg/ hand(my favorite).

.Don't be repetitive

.Watch the grolls.

.Use some leomur like stop and go.

.Try some impressive fling types and asdfs.

.Make a few flings longer than one second.

.Try and include a shoulder boost/ alt fling curve. Kramwood does these alot.

.Be creative Smile

Please do not quote me and say hypocrite, because I sometimes fail at the things I have listed. Also I'd appreciate if you wouldn't criticize my advice, It's all based off personal opinion.

As far as stop and go goes, I have that down. Wink It's my personal style. I just needed advice on highspeed quirk (which I actually abandoned for just a more spreadout quirk) Thanks for the advide.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:27 am

Looks well so far, can't wait :3 is there any sunsmooth manuals in there?
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:35 pm

linerage wrote:Looks well so far, can't wait :3 is there any sunsmooth manuals in there?

Not many sunsmooth manuals. Maybe a few. Well, yea, def a few.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Rainbow Dash wrote:
As far as stop and go goes, I have that down. Wink It's my personal style. I just needed advice on highspeed quirk (which I actually abandoned for just a more spread-out quirk) Thanks for the advice.

Remember: use small lines for control. You use them normally for grolls and such. Force and speed are for larger lines. Always vary your tricks (you do that), and stick with something no one will expect, ESPECIALLY if you didn't. If you're doing highspeed stop n' go, make sure you're in a position where you can pull on something (once stopped or slowed) that gets the most speed. Basic contact points always work. Stranger ones might. Look at the previous parts of the track to figure out what the highspeed is going to be like, a.k.a. straightforward, tricky in wells, tricky in manuals, or in stalls, or overall look and feel for the track. Listen to music with a common theme, most often fast, unless you want something ambient.

The Drumstep I listen to (DgoHn and Macc, Nebula, Polska, and some others (not neccesarily Drumstep).

If you want ambient music, I'll just provide plain old links.

Spheruleus:
http://www.restingbell.net/releases/rb094-forgotten-outland

http://www.archive.org/details/earman076

http://www.archive.org/details/earman096

Guild:
http://www.restingbell.net/releases/rb095-ascension

http://www.archive.org/details/ruralcolours004

http://www.arewrecordings.co.uk/guild.html

Other than the music portion, I'd just say work at it. Take time. When you get bored, work on something else for the moment (or not; you see how many tracks I released using that advice?). Good luck on the track. Excited to see it. Fragmented sentences. End.

--HG
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:35 pm

do larger lines affect him more than smaller lines?

probably the wrong place to ask but the post above confuses me.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down