We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB - A preview of an alt attempt

+14
Chui Ninji
Votale
linerage
rabid squirrel
hypothet
Ktk
Z_N-Freak
Stallie
Orthuss
Cereal
Rafael
Georgio_jc
Derpinator
WTB
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WTB - A preview of an alt attempt Empty WTB - A preview of an alt attempt

Post by WTB Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:38 am

Right now, I'm quite sick of today's standards of high-speed.
So, I thought I might make an alt(ish) quirk that completely goes against today's standards.
No high speed
No kramuals
No...I don't know. I'm just going to have fun

http://vimeo.com/21250609

It's extremely crappy. But frankly, I don't give a damn
I hate vimeo, but it's the only good site to use other than youtube. If you can get over the choppiness of a vimeo upload, you're golden

Alsoalso, just so you know, I don't usually make previews of tracks, because when I do the track never gets finished. Oh well.
WTB
WTB

Back to top Go down

WTB - A preview of an alt attempt Empty Re: WTB - A preview of an alt attempt

Post by Derpinator Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:31 am

whats the song called?
lookin' good Smile
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:24 am

I like your attitude! You can make epic tracks without all that..

and damn your style's sweet <3
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:59 am

I've seen 6 highspeed tracks in the last 1.5 years, 3 of which by Kramwood, 2 of which by me and 1 by Zeno. That is not the standard.
Anyway, looks awesome WTB 8D
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:04 am

Song, again?
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:29 am

I've heard that song before...

Nice preview
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:24 am

Yeah, I remember that song from Inu/Andrew's track "Addicted". T'was the first track I ever saw on WRTL.

Awesomely done. Can't wait.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:26 pm

The preview was great and i can't wait to see other tracks as well from you. WTB - A preview of an alt attempt 232659
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:52 pm

Rafael wrote:I've seen 6 highspeed tracks in the last 1.5 years, 3 of which by Kramwood, 2 of which by me and 1 by Zeno. That is not the standard.

He thinks it's becoming the standard and he might be right, if it wasn't for all the people hating on the asdf's and kramuals.
I don't really get why people hate some new trick they don't understand. I'd rather see them get curious; How does it work? Why isn't it working for me, etc. Some asdf's aren't that hard to do anyway, just like a fling, you gotta know the trick to get it started and then it's easy.
Kramuals I still don't get, but I'll try to understand them better and incoorporate them in my tracks, that's just the way Line Rider is. Stuff gets invented, people use it. Before it was a inverse hand fling, now it's some asdf. I don't really see the problem, except that maybe... Err wait. I probably should start rambling in another topic about this.

To get back to WTB's track, I like it. As much as I enjoy and am perplexed by the newer "standard" and speed, it sometimes hurts my eyes watching those tracks, it's just all so much and it flies by in such a short time. So I can understand you want to make something different and so you did. It's coming along quite nicely, so continue and have fun and I don't believe anyone will think any less of you for not using the newer tricks. It's not like every trick ever invented is used in all tracks. So not using asdf's or kramuals is just a choice, a style. It shouldn't be about the speed the asdf's gives, or about the ... whatever kramuals give. Just the trick and the way you incoorporate it into your track. The overal style is what makes tracks awesome, what makes it an art. Adding scenery to it, makes it even more artsy, but people have become to lazy to make scenery track, as it takes more time (I've always been lazy =p)

Just a thought that popped up in my mind which I find funny; People seem to complain about making tracks takes longer nowadays and yet they hope people start scening again, because it will attract more people. Derp Eep
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:05 pm

Z_N-Freak wrote:
Rafael wrote:I've seen 6 highspeed tracks in the last 1.5 years, 3 of which by Kramwood, 2 of which by me and 1 by Zeno. That is not the standard.
Anyway, looks awesome WTB WTB - A preview of an alt attempt 173596

He thinks it's becoming the standard and he might be right, if it wasn't for all the people hating on the asdf's and kramuals.
I don't really get why people hate some new trick they don't understand. I'd rather see them get curious; How does it work? Why isn't it working for me, etc. Some asdf's aren't that hard to do anyway, just like a fling, you gotta know the trick to get it started and then it's easy.
Kramuals I still don't get, but I'll try to understand them better and incoorporate them in my tracks, that's just the way Line Rider is. Stuff gets invented, people use it. Before it was a inverse hand fling, now it's some asdf. I don't really see the problem, except that maybe... Err wait. I probably should start rambling in another topic about this.
Who is hating on asdfs? :P
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Iunno, I get that feeling from some responses, people seem to dislike all the new tricks because it makes the standard higher and whatnot.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:47 pm

I hate on asdfs!

So not using asdf's or kramuals is just a choice, a style. It shouldn't be about the speed the asdf's gives, or about the ... whatever kramuals give. Just the trick and the way you incoorporate it into your track. The overal style is what makes tracks awesome, what makes it an art.
this

go for it wtb.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Ktk wrote:I hate on asdfs!

So not using asdf's or kramuals is just a choice, a style. It shouldn't be about the speed the asdf's gives, or about the ... whatever kramuals give. Just the trick and the way you incoorporate it into your track. The overal style is what makes tracks awesome, what makes it an art.
this

go for it wtb.

Do you have an alienware mousepad in that GIF of yours in your avatar?

EDIT: AND IS THAT MY DESK? WHAT U B DOIN IN MAH HOUSE? :|
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:29 pm

HG42 wrote:

this

go for it wtb.

It's a pen, probably some special spinning pen and he probably has a fancy name for it too, but I don't know anything about it Eep
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:14 pm

I dunno why you hate it so much, I loved it. been too long since I've seen WTB style. Why didn't you put it on youtube?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:43 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:I dunno why you hate it so much, I loved it. been too long since I've seen WTB style. Why didn't you put it on youtube?

Wait, what?
Who's hating what so much?
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:35 pm

WTB wrote:It's extremely crappy. But frankly, I don't give a damn
I hate vimeo, but it's the only good site to use other than youtube. If you can get over the choppiness of a vimeo upload, you're golden
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:43 am

Z_N-Freak wrote:
HG42 wrote:

this

go for it wtb.

It's a pen, probably some special spinning pen and he probably has a fancy name for it too, but I don't know anything about it Eep

It's a razer mousepad

and the pen is a Buster CYL http://penwish.com/images/123spinner.jpg ... I don't use it anymore because it's OP :|

Relevant: We should all have a collab like this. Nonchalance
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:44 am

cough cough vision cough cough

ME likey, but it seems too gravity orientated to be alt :/ that's... my only complaint so grats Thumbs Up finish it ;3
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:35 pm

linerage wrote:

cough cough vision cough cough

ME likey, but it seems too gravity orientated to be alt :/ that's... my only complaint so grats Thumbs Up finish it ;3

Vision wasn't all high speed, and for the most part it wasn't THAT fast...
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:24 pm

^ That, and it's over 1.5 years old.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Kramuals are easy. I did one in about a few attempts took me five minutes. ASDFs are also easy. I don't hate them cause they're hard (actually I don't have ASDFs at all I <3 them) but at the moment I've only seen 2 well-used kramuals and that's but Pure in the ROL track and Georgio in Flashkick. Other than that it's just some overused flow killing trick (Sheldon overuses it so much, he overuses overusing it... :| ).
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by WTB Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:57 pm

For those commenting on my statements towards kramuals or high speed, it's not that I HATE the two, it's just that I don't like using them.
(Edit: I choose not to talk about ASDF's because I don't understand them lulz)
High speed has been used a lot (imo), and I thought something else might be better (And I'm not good at high-speed either)

As for kramuals, I just don't really find This all that appealing
WTB
WTB

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Votale wrote:Kramuals are easy. I did one in about a few attempts took me five minutes. ASDFs are also easy. I don't hate them cause they're hard (actually I don't have ASDFs at all I <3 them) but at the moment I've only seen 2 well-used kramuals and that's but Pure in the ROL track and Georgio in Flashkick. Other than that it's just some overused flow killing trick (Sheldon overuses it so much, he overuses overusing it... :| ).

I think he's doin it right also.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by WTB Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:37 am

I just thought I might update with a picture. A cookie for you if you can determine the complete path for bosh.

Spoiler:

Excuse my agrophobia

EDIT: If it just shows up blank, give it a minute. For me, it takes a couple minutes to show up for some reason.
EDITEDIT: The song in the video was Undiscovered Colors by the one and only Flashbulb.

I actually really regret making this thread. I feel like I'm overhyping something that really isn't that special at all. Really.
WTB
WTB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next