We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My life sucks anymore...

+9
Kohuda
Loz
ACwazHere
linerage
Painlobster
hypothet
LineMagiX
Votale
Stickheadz32
13 posters

Go down

My life sucks anymore... Empty My life sucks anymore...

Post by Stickheadz32 Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:29 pm

My friendship at school is over now. No one cares about me and my feelings, longer. The whole class is against me, because I'm the only teen boy in school 2 B unsocial. When I came at home, I had suicidal thoughts. *gets a heavy feeling* "What I was isn't what I am. I'd change back, but I don't know if I can. Neither how."

And yes, life's a piss.

How do I get social? The only thing I know is to talk more to people.

EDIT: It happened a bit same as when I am on this forum, I always feel a yearning, especially in a collab thread. I am risked to quit this forum.
Stickheadz32
Stickheadz32

https://www.youtube.com/Stickheadz32

Back to top Go down

My life sucks anymore... Empty Re: My life sucks anymore...

Post by Votale Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:42 pm

People like funny people. I can't say try hard to be funny. Don't change yourself. Be who you are and don't let people change you, but it's your choice. You just gotta meet the right people. Get to know them, and maybe you can be good friends.

There's not really a "key" to being social. Lol it kinda just happens.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Yeah dawg, what Votale said. Just be yourself and if other's can't appreciate who you are, self respect should keep you from caring about others negativity.

I recommend seeing a psychologist if you're having suicidal thoughts. They're way better at helping you with this kind of stuff than a teenage forum on the interwebs. :P

LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:56 pm

1. You need to be able to have someone in your family to talk to for advice like this.

2. Talk to the teachers for advice. They had the same problems as kids and can tell you.

3. See a phycologist or phychiatrist if you get further thoughts of suicide. It keeps you from dying, and everyone will feel a heck of a lot better about you telling them than going off and killing yourself when people DO care about you.

4. I don't care what people think of me. I got over it a few years ago because it wasn't much use to go moping about and crying all the time, and, frankly, I got tired of it. I just kept doing my best to be nice to others and others began to like me.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Painlobster Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:12 pm

First and foremost, remember that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

If you want to become more social, the best way to meet friends, at least in my opinion, is to talk to someone about something you both enjoy and bond over that first. Then, once you know that person decently well, try to get them to introduce you to more people. Rinse and repeat.

I know that school can suck sometimes, but I think a lot of whether you're "popular" or not is based on circumstance, ie what type of people go to the school. Your social status is never truly a reflection on you as a person because in one school you may be the king of the world, and in another you're the annoying creeper.

I honestly wouldn't go to teachers for advice because really, most of them just don't give a s***. Try your parents or a close friend, and if you're seriously considering suicide, a psychiatrist.

Painlobster
Painlobster

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:16 pm

^pain lobster took the words out of my mouth, gotta rep this guy.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:25 pm

Stickheadz32 wrote:How do I get social? The only thing I know is to talk more to people.
That's the only way to do it. A group of people isn't going to walk up to you and say "hello, sir, you are now our friend and are welcome to hang out with and talk to us any time." I used to also be really unsocial (due to self-esteem issues), but I was getting sick of having only one friend in the world. I sucked it up, started saying "hello" to some people, jumped in on their discussions, and that was that. It was really hard for me, but each time I would do it, it got easier. I personally can't give you any more advice on how to be social--it's an experience you have to learn yourself.

As for your class, I don't quite understand why they're against you. But from my experience, the best way to get people off of your back is not show them any emotion when they attack, and to be kind to everyone (including them), all the time. It might take them a while--maybe a few minutes, maybe a few months--to realize that what they were doing is wrong, but it worked for me. I've had a lazy eye for my entire life (still do), and even my friends made fun of me--the reason they enjoyed doing it so much was that I made it enjoyable for them. They wanted me to get stirred up and retaliate with words, and I did. Not once did I tell them to stop. Today, people accept me, because I'm just a normal nice funny guy, not some weird kid with a lazy eye.

But know this: once you are out of that environment, you get a fresh start in a new one. I was so glad to be out of middle school (worst 3 years of my life, in hindsight) and start high school: where nobody knew me, there were a LOT more people, and nobody would make fun of me, BECAUSE they didn't know me. But still, I've had a class or two where I feel I just didn't fit in, so I didn't talk to anybody, and I don't really regret it, either. I've also had a few classes in which I was the "cool kid". You just have to find the right environment.
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:35 pm

ACwazHere wrote:
Stickheadz32 wrote:How do I get social? The only thing I know is to talk more to people.
That's the only way to do it. A group of people isn't going to walk up to you and say "hello, sir, you are now our friend and are welcome to hang out with and talk to us any time." I used to also be really unsocial (due to self-esteem issues), but I was getting sick of having only one friend in the world. I sucked it up, started saying "hello" to some people, jumped in on their discussions, and that was that. It was really hard for me, but each time I would do it, it got easier. I personally can't give you any more advice on how to be social--it's an experience you have to learn yourself.

As for your class, I don't quite understand why they're against you. But from my experience, the best way to get people off of your back is not show them any emotion when they attack, and to be kind to everyone (including them), all the time. It might take them a while--maybe a few minutes, maybe a few months--to realize that what they were doing is wrong, but it worked for me. I've had a lazy eye for my entire life (still do), and even my friends made fun of me--the reason they enjoyed doing it so much was that I made it enjoyable for them. They wanted me to get stirred up and retaliate with words, and I did. Not once did I tell them to stop. Today, people accept me, because I'm just a normal nice funny guy, not some weird kid with a lazy eye.

But know this: once you are out of that environment, you get a fresh start in a new one. I was so glad to be out of middle school (worst 3 years of my life, in hindsight) and start high school: where nobody knew me, there were a LOT more people, and nobody would make fun of me, BECAUSE they didn't know me. But still, I've had a class or two where I feel I just didn't fit in, so I didn't talk to anybody, and I don't really regret it, either. I've also had a few classes in which I was the "cool kid". You just have to find the right environment.

You should never have had low self-esteem buddy, I always assumed you were hot just from the way you talked, you have a naturally 'cool' personality Smile

ANYWAY, why quit the forums? This is where having a life outside real world social groups is great, it's impossible to not be accepted anywhere
Loz
Loz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:44 pm

Just wait, things usually turn out okay if you just wait long enough.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:04 pm

"30 years from now, it won't matter what shoes you wore, how your hair looked, or what jeans you bought. What will matter is what you learned and how you use it."

I saw that on a poster in one of my classrooms. I believe that it also includes the fact that it doesn't matter how popular you are at this point in your life. Just try to find people who have similar interests with you to talk to, and don't worry about popularity/social status as long as you work hard to get good grades and stuffs.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:11 pm

Votale wrote:People like funny people. I can't say try hard to be funny. Don't change yourself. Be who you are and don't let people change you, but it's your choice. You just gotta meet the right people. Get to know them, and maybe you can be good friends.

There's not really a "key" to being social. Lol it kinda just happens.

TOO
F*ING
CLICHE
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:31 pm

^ i lol'd. But yeah, it's just social life. If you try hard to become one of the groups, you may or may not. But once you get your grades higher, THAT is when you should be thinking about your social status, and that's when some of the people may accept you (I'm not talking about geeks or nerds). that's my way.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by ~rawr Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Me I've always been social xD

The way I do it is talk
Joke around

Usually I'm a smartass to everyones disses so try have fun with your comebacks and that's all I can say 8D
~rawr
~rawr

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:44 pm

You have a lot of options here ^

DONT walk away from your life! DONT give up!

I'm having the same-problem (in one way). I feel no need to see people, talk to people or making new friends. Thats my problem, but I'm okay with it. If you are bothered of being unsocial or having no friends, then please follow these advice above ^

If this doesn't work or you don't want to do it, then try to find something that your'e enjoying. Art, games, music, reading, sports, jobs, anything.

Don't take the quick option. The school is hard, I know, but fight yourself through it and look back and laugh and smile about your sucsess ^^

If you want to talk or something, maybe play some minecraft, then here: thomasangeland@hotmail.com Wink
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down