We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Requiescat by SPL4SHZ0N3

+6
Inukaza
SPL4SHZ0N3
Wolf_Spirit
MartinJulenissen
GhostY
rabid squirrel
10 posters

Go down

Requiescat by SPL4SHZ0N3 Empty Requiescat by SPL4SHZ0N3

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:05 pm

Requiescat

Created by SPL4SHZ0N3
Original post: https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/bare-tracks-f3/splashzone-requiescat-t2905.htm

This is not just another track by Spl4sh. In fact this isn't even remotely similar to Vita. However, this does not mean it is not awesome. This style can probably can be described as extremely intense stop'n'go. There really aren't any parallels to it. Aka watch it and see what I mean Smile

ACwazHere wrote:That was really intense.
Votale wrote:VERY nice. I still love your style. Keep riding bro (:
Rafael wrote:Wow. I know your style is great, but I never knew it's this great. Your tricks are also really good too.
aspi33 wrote:Your style is so special. The strange jumps and turns here and there, the sudden speed changes.
Love the track man! Very Happy
rabid squirrel wrote:Holy crap, my mind was just blown.
You did an amazing job alternating between slow and bursts of speed, in a way that was impossible to predict and so it kept the tension while watching amazingly high. Aka that was INTENSE stop'n'go!
LOVE it! Keep doing this stuff! +rep
Georgio_jc wrote:Overall epic man. The music, the editing, the track itself...this whole product is just how I'd describe the word amazing.
Painlobster wrote:That was some of the best misdirection since rek. Seriously dude, rock the f*** on. I loved it! Your style is so....odd. You have some crazy, uncanny ability to mix high and low power and speed together in a way that comes together amazingly.
pure5152 wrote:I love you, splash. for obvious reasons displayed in this track-- rotational fluency, the style.... you know what, screw it. I don't want to list all the things good with this track 'cause there's just too much to list. I'll just say that I loved it, and it's on my favorites list; added it a couple seconds ago. thanks for being awesome, splash.

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Requiescat by SPL4SHZ0N3 Empty Re: Requiescat by SPL4SHZ0N3

Post by GhostY Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:08 pm

yay for splashes sexyness
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 am

holy crap i dont get style ._.

wtf is style and why the fk do we care so much if the track looks diffrent?

damn i must be blind
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:41 am

WOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THIS!
That's some intense stuff there SPL4SH!
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 am

MartinJulenissen wrote:holy crap i dont get style ._.

wtf is style and why the fk do we care so much if the track looks diffrent?

damn i must be blind
style involves the way you construct your tricks. Just making the whole thing as intense as possible is what many people TRY to do, but then the overall thing turns out bland because it's all the same. You need to stretch some things out, slow down or speed up, go in a different direction, or do something new and unexpected to keep the interest of the audience.

If your goal is to make an intense track, keeping some aspects the same while altering others dramatically works really well - Incito is an excellent example. It keeps a generally constant speed in the two sections and trick frequency is pretty similar (little airtime is used) but changes the rotation and the variety of tricks to an extreme, and in the process comes up with several "holy crap" moments that are new tricks, or at least done in a new-ish way, but also wouldn't be noticeable without the rotation suddenly changing. Note that this does NOT mean that he's constantly spinning, rather that he alternates between spinning slowly, to not rotating at all, to spinning insanely fast. This overall creates a very intense experience.

watch a track by anomaly (e.g. Mojo or Periculum) and note how the speed changes, how the rotation changes, how the direction changes, and how airtime is used not just to be airtime but tiny bits of it are used to accentuate things, draw things out, and create a sense of anticipation and relaxation at different times. anomaly is a master at this kind of stuff :P No, none of this is easy, but that's the challenge that trackmakers face and that's why people keep playing line rider Smile

SPL4SH's track does a really good job of going slowly and then suddenly speeding up. It's not as fun as anomaly because it's so intense, and because his slows and starts are pretty similar, but they're more dramatic in contrast of speed than any other track I know.

Honestly though, I think he does a better job with the quirk that the XY because he really doesn't try to be fluid at all, which works for quirk but XY needs some fluidity or it gets choppy. Just my opinions though.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks guys. It means a lot
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:58 pm

I don't agree with this track getting this must acclaim, but that's just my opinion. The whole track looked like it was put together on the spot, and the xy was just slow (and flow killery). I'm not saying it's a bad track, but in all honestly, because of the XY, it shouldn't have this rank. The quirk was exceptional, but even then, it seamed like a "fun track", as in, even if a part sucked with horrible flow, you kept it anyways.

Just my opinion, either way, grats on the feature splash. Don't take my comments to heart, you are a great rider.

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:11 pm

I have to admit I like Vita better :P

Then again, I LOVED Vite xD

Grats splash.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:14 pm

Thanks inu for the criticism. Really, I may come off as sarcastic but I do appreciate it.

I actually wanted the XY to be slow, to be a contrast to the quirk, and to buildup suspense for the quirk. (And the song changes as it shifts from XY to quirk, but i messed up a little on the syncing; song's like 2 seconds early lol.)
And i guess you're interpreting the parts where I changed the flow purposefully (slow - faster) as being horrible flow. I kind of expected people to not like that. But I did it anyway because I personally liked it and thought it was interesting. Also, what you said about the "fun track" stuff is true, barring Me thinking the flow was horrible (maybe horrible to you, which i can respect that opinion), but it was more of a "I'll-do-whatever-I-want-in-this-track-even-though-I-know-some-people-won't-like-it Track". lol

Edit: I just wanted to say that this track was pretty heavily influenced by The River by Hedge. That track showed his courage for experimentation in a different style from tracks like Lilac Wine and Vision. I kind of wanted to branch out and try out new styles than Vita, because let's be honest, most people didn't know about me before that lol, unless you knew me from ELR or something. So yeah, kind of expected some people to not like it based on the reception that The River received. Another comparison would be if Anomaly made a highspeed manual track, or TCR made a Leomur-style stop and go track. They might get extremely good reception, or bad reception because its out of their normal style of track making.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:42 pm

^ This wasn't like The River at all in my opinion xD
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:45 pm

xD just the concept of changing styles and experimentation I guess. However I do wish I could do what Hedge could do in The River...
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Party Crasher was dedicated and inspired by RavonO.. xD
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:57 pm

lol yeah i remember that. :P Party crasher pwned though.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Rafael wrote:^ This wasn't like The River at all in my opinion xD
SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:xD just the concept of changing styles and experimentation I guess. However I do wish I could do what Hedge could do in The River...
I agree, I didn't like The River at all, though it was unique. I can see the resemblance, but it really didn't have the same flow manipulation quality this track did. Like what I just posted about - attempting to make it all intense, and thereby numbing the flow. I guess I would be sad if you actually did release a track like The River.

It is true that The River was unparalleled in style the same way this track is. Maybe it was like the Rite of Spring xD maybe I'll like it in a few years or something (if you don't know what Rite of Spring is, google it noob)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:01 am

I like this track more and more each time I watch it. The song also fits more and more. Very nice track, I love it Very Happy
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by Stickheadz32 Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:44 am

Awesome style is awesome
The rap was breathtaking, amidoinitrite?
Stickheadz32
Stickheadz32

https://www.youtube.com/Stickheadz32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down