We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any advice??

5 posters

Go down

Any advice?? Empty Any advice??

Post by DeaD_LiNe Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:14 am

Since im a newbie...
I would like to have some advice on x/y and manual tracks and generally.
Like how/what should I practice etc.
If you have some good tutorial videos or something like that it would be great...
Im sick of finding them myself...

I would be very gratefull if you could help me... in any way!

thx in advance!

DeaD_LiNe
DeaD_LiNe

Back to top Go down

Any advice?? Empty Re: Any advice??

Post by KillinTime2792 Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:20 am

how to practice? basically just mess around in linerider. find out how lines positioned a certain way to bosh affect him.

as for tutorials they really don't teach anything you can't learn just from watching any "naked" track on YT, for a decent point of reference though you can look at 10101, basically a fling tut disguised as a contest entry.

as for XY talk to redcap or ram_tzu (if you can find him).

hope this helped.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by DeaD_LiNe Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:24 am

ok thank you I thought something like that i just wanted to be sure 8D
and... To find the best way to practice.
DeaD_LiNe
DeaD_LiNe

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:42 am

For manuals: I'm betting you've seen a Devrayy, Cereal, Z_N-Freak, Anomaly, Rovano, etc., track. They all have some unique manual-ing styles. ZNF uses very powerful manuals to do so, and the way he does it is he uses as many red lines as possible, meaning he catches Bosh in a manual soon and uses red lines to keep balance. Anomaly created the concept on "integration," as seen in the track, Integration. By simply adding those two aspects, speed and integration, your manuals can improve 10 fold, but you're also need balance and variety (between tail, nose, head, etc., manuals).

For XY: These days all XYs are beginning to look the same. It's tough to keep a consistent flow in XY but by no means is it impossible. It's done very well in .boo's XY, Nocturnal. Keeping consistent flow in an XY is very important. Decent speed is always essential too. Make sure not to gain too much speed, sometimes it feels "choppy and jerky." New tricks (and styles) are being created in XY all the time. GeorgioJC, MartinJulinessen, Ram Tzu, etc. Watch tracks by those guys to get ideas of what an XY should look like.

And good luck Very Happy

Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by DeaD_LiNe Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:46 am

thank you votale but... most of those pro tracks are too fast for my eyes...
DeaD_LiNe
DeaD_LiNe

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:51 am

dload the video off youtube, play it in VLC or something at 25-50% speed.

or, the thing i found most useful, download a .sol of a good track and watch it in slo-mo. levitation really helped my flings. speaking of i should record some of my tracks and upload them sometime :P.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:10 am

Your eyes will definitely get used to it I remember when my eyes hurt after watching certain tacks way back when ^^

Just remember practice makes perfect. Some people are willing to send you the .sol to their tracks if you PM them on Youtube, or do what KT said above.

Hope this helps improve track-making :P
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Painlobster Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:40 pm

The best advice I can give to you is download the incito sol. It will give you a great idea of how certain wells react in given situations and how to maintain power and flow.

Apart from that, just play around with it. We won't love your first track. We probably won't love your second track, or even your third. Focus your first few attempts on learning and developing a style you feel comfortable with before trying to create something that will garner positive, non-critical reactions.
Painlobster
Painlobster

Back to top Go down

Post by IGLima Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Glad to see you asking for advice. You seem like a good guy. 8D

Tips for Manual tracks:
-Keep the manuals circular and smooth. This makes them look more professional.
-Try to keep pressure on Bosh (the sled guy). This makes it look more intense and entertaining. Sometimes this can also be used to created cool effects.
-Keep the manuals balanced. Try to keep Bosh in a similar position throughout the manual. This can be hard (especially with tail manuals), but it looks really nice.
-Have good flow. Try to keep going at a similar speed throughout the tracks. Sudden stops or very long manuals can sometimes disrupt the flow.
-Use airtime efficiently. By this I mean keep him moving/doing something while not riding.
-Try to move all directions.
-Try recycling manuals. Some enjoy to do this, others don't.
-Spice it up with integration, granuals, and flings. Hopefully you know what these are, if not I can explain them in detail.

Tips for XY tracks:
-Keep him moving/tumbling. The bouncing, jerking and bumping can create a cool effect.
-Have good flow. Even if the average speed is slow, it can still be really entertaining. XY has the least flow of all track types, but that's what cool about it.
-Use all types of gravity wells, manuals, and other tricks together. I love XY because it can go from dense quirk to a sudden manual or pinch at any time. The more tricks and moves you have, the cooler it looks.
-Try to move all directions
-Add some recycling. XYs are pretty easy to recycle with.
-Once you have these other things down, add more speed.
-Most XYs are all blue, but feel free to use red lines.

The main thing you can do to get better is practice. Watching videos also helps. I'll get a few of my favorite XY and manual vids later.
IGLima
IGLima

Featured Video: Silent Flame Scened

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum