We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Excitement and a Hint, Preview II

+8
rabid squirrel
Wizzy
hypothet
Derpinator
GhostY
Smitsy
Purtle
Helios Pavonine
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Excitement and a Hint, Preview II - Page 2 Empty Re: Excitement and a Hint, Preview II

Post by Smitsy Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:46 pm

1:30 is long? Dammit! Ive been spending ages making sure my tracks are at least 1:30 - 2:00. ffs.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Excitement and a Hint, Preview II - Page 2 Empty Re: Excitement and a Hint, Preview II

Post by Apple Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:30 pm

i can barely pull myself together to make a 45 second track. i have no pacients
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:39 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:Over 1 minute is full length. Over 1:30 is long. over 2:00 is enormous.

Not true.

I thought you were an oldie rabid, or have you forgot?

Many/most tracks were 1:30. Or closer to 1:30. Maybe I'm wrong, bu I got the feel that tracks were supposed to be about 1:15-1:30 back in the day.
I think anything less than 1 minute is too short. 2 minutes is getting on the long side though.

I think that 1:15-1:25 is what I think of as a perfect length tbh. I don't mind 1:30 though
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:16 pm

The track isn't highspeed, so it's easier to achieve 2 minutes.

The track is almost done, only one part left before the stall. I think that I'll do that tomorrow... Oh, I'm so excited untill I may totally focus myself on scening! Excitement and a Hint, Preview II - Page 2 719547
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:23 pm

Purtle wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:Over 1 minute is full length. Over 1:30 is long. over 2:00 is enormous.

Not true.

I thought you were an oldie rabid, or have you forgot?

Many/most tracks were 1:30. Or closer to 1:30. Maybe I'm wrong, bu I got the feel that tracks were supposed to be about 1:15-1:30 back in the day.
I think anything less than 1 minute is too short. 2 minutes is getting on the long side though.

I think that 1:15-1:25 is what I think of as a perfect length tbh. I don't mind 1:30 though
lol, you say it's not true and then you agree with me xD

I agree with everything you said.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:34 pm

A serious project should be over 1:30 IMO.
Anyway, it looks good. Gl Smile
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:29 am

Looking back at my posts, it looks like I'm saying enormous is a bad thing, so I'd like to clarify that I don't think being enormous is bad, but only if it's just a really epic track. I made Bolted to the Wall 2:30 ish, but that's because I wanted to make it epic :P and I made archaeology 1:25.

I always think scenery tracks that are done well and creatively can be as long as they want though, to a point. over 3 minutes is always too long xD

I guess I just feel myself getting bored after a minute of quirk.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:33 am

I like how everyone seems to keep reading my posts wrong. I didn't mean they looked like the mountains from Monumental, nope, never said that, I meant the mountains I made were pretty much ripped from Monumental, and that this looks like the mountains I made.

Sheesh.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:35 am

I think that 3 min is too long 2.30 or more is long 2 is the basic lenght 1.30 is good... 10 sec is not even a TRACK!
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:02 am

I think a minuit is short, 1:30 is a bit long, 2:00 is long.
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:15 am

rabid squirrel wrote:I always think scenery tracks that are done well and creatively can be as long as they want though, to a point. over 3 minutes is always too long xD

Oh, it will be creative. It will be.

Omg, will announce the length tonight if the track is done. Hopefully. Excitement and a Hint, Preview II - Page 2 92494
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2