We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to the Boy Scout USA Nation Jamboree, gone until the 4th.

3 posters

Go down

Going to the Boy Scout USA Nation Jamboree, gone until the 4th. Empty Going to the Boy Scout USA Nation Jamboree, gone until the 4th.

Post by IGLima Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:11 pm

As the title says, I'm leaving for USA Nation Jamboree until August 4th.
This year is a special year because it's boy scouting's 100th anniversary.
My Troop is going to Philadelphia, PA on the way there for 3 days, then we're staying at the Jamboree for 10 days. The Jamboree itself is at Fort AP Hill, Virginia. Almost anything you could ever want to do is there to do. 8D
Mike Rowe and The President are going to speak as well. :O

I can't wait. I'm psyched. 8D

Hope I do good in TOC3 while I'm gone...

But until then, bye everybody!
-IGLima
IGLima
IGLima

Featured Video: Silent Flame Scened

Back to top Go down

Going to the Boy Scout USA Nation Jamboree, gone until the 4th. Empty Re: Going to the Boy Scout USA Nation Jamboree, gone until the 4th.

Post by Purtle Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:39 pm

I would hate going to that. Sometimes our leader would bring it up, as a joke, because he knew no one in our troop wanted to go =P.

As a scout(sending in my eagle paper tomorrow actually lolz) I've met plenty of other scouts. 90% of them are annoying/fit the stereotype.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Going to the Boy Scout USA Nation Jamboree, gone until the 4th. Empty Re: Going to the Boy Scout USA Nation Jamboree, gone until the 4th.

Post by Nirobi Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Purtle wrote:As a scout(sending in my eagle paper tomorrow actually lolz) I've met plenty of other scouts. 90% of them are annoying/fit the stereotype.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH. Except for the eagle-paper-sending part. I've been an Eagle Scout since '06/'07 (finished the requirements and submitted paperwork in '06, Court of Honor and presentation ceremony in '07).

But yeah, I've met way too many scrawny, geeky, out-of-shape, and just plain annoying kids affiliated with BSA to ever want to go to a BSA event that big. I mean, I'm sure some of it'll be pretty fun, but still. The only reason I really even liked the kids in my troop was the fact that most of them were actually athletic, funny, and generally pretty cool. The athletic part was very nice. My troop won every athletic-based competition that we participated in, whether it was the individual triathlons at Curtis S. Read Scout Reservation in New York (the summer camp we went to), or sled-racing at the Klondike Derby, or 2-man sawing competitions, or even just the campwide snowball fights that were had at some of the bigger winter camping grounds that we visited. Good times, gooooood times.

But yeah.
Boy Scouts are nerds. Going to the Boy Scout USA Nation Jamboree, gone until the 4th. 92494
Nirobi
Nirobi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum