We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new track

+4
Derpinator
Traxis
Helios Pavonine
Morgan
8 posters

Go down

new track Empty new track

Post by Morgan Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:55 am

any pointers or tips are appreciated and STRONGLY ENCOURAGED forgot to put the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCJcfOfDH6E
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

new track Empty Re: new track

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:17 am

Nice for your first try!

- The beginning was pretty fluent.
- The loop (starting at 0:11) wasn't smooth. Try to create shorter lines and try to make the loop more circular.
- Right after the loop it was fakie time. I think you could make some more airtime there.
- The elevator wasn't well-executed. Bosh (the guy on the sled) hit the other wall for a little moment, then got back to the wall causing him to get flat and repeated that for like 3 times.
- I was like: ''Neat!'' at 0:25, when Bosh gets pushed back. Couldn't do that myself, honestly.
- The hyperactive mouse at 0:42 really annoyed me. Don't let the watcher see the mouse, it looks unprofessional.

Overall, it was a nice track, but don't go too far with your ''down the stairs!'' style. Make some manuals, flings, and granuals here and there and remember to keep it dense, smooth and entertaining. new track Icon_smile
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:20 am

well i kinda im lacking in ability do to that
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:03 am

It was decent, a few things

-Take your time, make it all neat
-Have some sort of a plan, don't draw lines where the rider is going. You control him, he doesn't control you
-Titles! Give your tracks cool titles, like Untitled-1. Kidding, something like Plutonium, or Ride of light or something catchy.
-Try to make it not all down right, make it go up a lot, left, right, down, diagonal, inside, outside, inverted, everything.

Just work on those and you should be fine Smile
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:43 am

You are going to be a very good track-maker if you continue like this Very Happy
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:22 am

I see you're trying some newer stuff in this one. Keep messing around with it and you'll improve. Smile And try not to headride, it tends to look bad.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:31 pm

Try yo make your curves smooth. Also, Like i mentioned last time, try and pick up a copy of standalone, unless you really want to use the trap lines that disappear.

Keep practicing
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:46 pm

oh uhm those small lines segments are used for riding on, they're supposed to be g wells. i suppose you saw that from a video and tried to do it. see a g well tut and then you'll get better Smile i can just imagine you growing to be one of those top track makers some day. It was a very nice track for your first^^
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:40 pm

u guys are awesome thanks for the feedback
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:02 pm

Try some manuals. Keep xperimenting. Wink