We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabid's Reliable Recording Reservoir - Rejuvenated!!!!

+43
BenWubbleyou
gaoyubao
OTDE
pure5152
theacp127
Wizzy
[senpai] kevans
LineRiderGjert
Chuggers
Apple
ACwazHere
Lukking
Conundrumer
Getthim
Enil
.Iso
VividRedemption
Opal Rider
roflmaoqwerty
Fauxfyre
IRLnewb
shammies
rich
Stallie
Connor
Cephyric
dragonlineproductions
RyderLR
efrazable
Hotflash
boom12n
hypothet
Rafael
-Nexus-
Sssschiller
KillinTime2792
Gliss
crash2burn
Summoning
G-Farce
darklight
Helios Pavonine
rabid squirrel
47 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Rabid's Reliable Recording Reservoir - Rejuvenated!!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Rabid's Reliable Recording Reservoir - Rejuvenated!!!!

Post by Wizzy Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:50 am

.sol file? PM
What did you make it in? {Flash Player 10 LR version 6y.2 (and also v3.4.x)}
Any requests? {For zoom level press the X key to zoom out twice exactly. Then there is a moment near the end of the track with the first big monument I would like you to press X twice more for a 4x zoomed out level (without showing the incompleted part on the right) then just let the track finish. For the end, zoom out as far as you can without revealing any of the incomplete work beneath. Basically just give us an idea of the size of the end monument.

For the speed I would like it to play just fast enough but not too slow to let the audience take in the art. There are two moments where I would like the speed to slow down a little to take in the scene; the first when Bosh reaches the robot, then second on the first monument near the end when you are zoomed out at 4x. Should be easy to do just in editing. And that's it.

Oh and a recording of the naked track would be great. Standard recording preferences: 40fps, default zoom level. Nothing specific.}

Notes:
A lot of the scenery was changed in later splits. If there is anything scened twice, just let me know and I'll erase whatever is overlapping. But basically, if there are any parts overlapping the true scenery is in the later split. Except in split 4 where there's 2 pipes connecting the vehicle to the mountain. Just erase the two thin pipes I forgot to erase those. Split 1 is the real one where the vehicle rests on the platform, not connected to the mountain jutting above it.

I think there's only like 1 small section you'll need on the second split.

Don't worry about trying to get all of the end monument in frame. It's too big anyway and I'll be using a screenshot of it instead.

It would be rad if I could get the recording in .avi format. Or whatever looks best for editing in windows movie maker.

And yeah. That'll do it Very Happy if anything is unclear or if you have questions let me know. Thanks!
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Rabid's Reliable Recording Reservoir - Rejuvenated!!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Rabid's Reliable Recording Reservoir - Rejuvenated!!!!

Post by theacp127 Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:47 am

Rabid, if you need any help recording koala's .sol just let me know.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:56 am

FreakingKoalaMan wrote:For zoom level press the X key to zoom out twice exactly. Then there is a moment near the end of the track with the first big monument I would like you to press X twice more for a 4x zoomed out level (without showing the incompleted part on the right) then just let the track finish. For the end, zoom out as far as you can without revealing any of the incomplete work beneath. Basically just give us an idea of the size of the end monument.
1. you don't have a number?
2. Sure you don't want to slow zoom with B instead of choppy zoom with X?
3. Is this in a 1280x720 window?

FreakingKoalaMan wrote:For the speed I would like it to play just fast enough but not too slow to let the audience take in the art. There are two moments where I would like the speed to slow down a little to take in the scene; the first when Bosh reaches the robot, then second on the first monument near the end when you are zoomed out at 4x. Should be easy to do just in editing. And that's it.
It usually looks odd speeding up and slowing down mid-recording, I will see what looks good. My default for scenery is 75% playback because that means the in-game 40fps becomes 30fps aka video framerate.

FreakingKoalaMan wrote:Oh and a recording of the naked track would be great. Standard recording preferences: 40fps, default zoom level. Nothing specific.
Color?

FreakingKoalaMan wrote:Notes:
A lot of the scenery was changed in later splits. If there is anything scened twice, just let me know and I'll erase whatever is overlapping. But basically, if there are any parts overlapping the true scenery is in the later split.
Are these standard splits that I will cut from one to the other, or mask splits? I can do either but masks will just take longer.

FreakingKoalaMan wrote:Except in split 4 where there's 2 pipes connecting the vehicle to the mountain. Just erase the two thin pipes I forgot to erase those. Split 1 is the real one where the vehicle rests on the platform, not connected to the mountain jutting above it.
Okay, erase two thin pipes connecting vehincle to mountain in split 4.

FreakingKoalaMan wrote:Don't worry about trying to get all of the end monument in frame. It's too big anyway and I'll be using a screenshot of it instead.
It would be best if you could give me a zoom level but I'll do my best

FreakingKoalaMan wrote:It would be rad if I could get the recording in .avi format. Or whatever looks best for editing in windows movie maker.
Should be doable. I'm exporting from premiere. Haven't tried exporting as .avi before (usually export .mp4) but I don't know of a reason it wouldn't work.

EDIT: is it the top save in each recording?

EDIT2: zoom level 162 (which is what I get when I press X twice) looks pretty good for the bottom of split 3, though I may be able to zoom out a bit more?

EDIT3: sent a screenshot of what I think is the two thin pipes I should erase

EDIT4: Pressing X twice again gets me out to zoom level 130 but I'm pretty sure I can get to 120 or even like 115 without showing anything that is unfinished on the right. Do you want it to zoom out as he goes up the elevator? If you wanted to zoom out while he was below it then I would want to zoom out less. That might actually work better. Let me try it. (also I appreciate the boundary lines in this split Very Happy)

EDIT5: Zooming out to 115 when he first gets to the monument and goes to the right looks awesome so ima plan on that. Also ima plan on slow zooming because it looks nicer and stuff.

EDIT6: I can zoom out to 43 on the last split before I see unfinished parts of the right side of the lower monument, 50 before I see the oval thing on the left side (avoiding saying what it is because spoilers). Thoughts on what you'd like or should I just choose?

ALso, I'm thinking (re mask splits) I may just record everything and see if things change and if it's noticeable and if it is I can mask those things in?

EDIT7: I think this is the last edit. 160 is probably good for the main zoom level, the white space to the left of the water at the bottom of split 3 gets more noticeable as I zoom out more.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:30 pm

Double post because I totally didn't see acp's post

It would be nice to 1) get this in 1080p 2) not have me spend a lot of time perfecting the recordings

Wizzy, you okay if I send this .sol to acp and he does 1080p recordings that I will then master?

If this is okay, I will make detailed/specific instructions for acp as soon as I get everything cleared up with Wizzy. But I can already tell you (acp) they will be 1920x1080 and I will have green boxes ready so you can determine zoom levels.

Also because these *may* be partially masked there will be exact frames I will want you to start zooming on and exact zoom levels to stop zooming on, because you will have to do them exactly the same in two different splits.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:16 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
1. you don't have a number? Just checked, should be 165. 162 works well too. Edit: Oh I realized v3.4.x doesn't have 165 when you tap x twice, so 162 should do fine. (Or 160 like you suggested at the end of this post. If this looks good then use that.)
2. Sure you don't want to slow zoom with B instead of choppy zoom with X? Whichever is fine with me Smile I do however prefer that the start of the track the zoom level is set from the beginning so when you press play it's already in the correct zoom level. This is important for a transition when I edit the final cut.
3. Is this in a 1280x720 window?I believe it is 1600 x 900. I realize you or acp may or may not have a 1600x900 resolution. Edit: 1280x720 will work fine. I prefer 1600x900 if at all possible but no worries if not. There's like 1 part of scenery on the first split off the left where it's cut off that I wanted to show but don't worry if you can't get it in frame without compromising zoom level.

FreakingKoalaMan wrote:Oh and a recording of the naked track would be great. Standard recording preferences: 40fps, default zoom level. Nothing specific.
Color? Just normal non-color playback. And if it looks better try a 162 zoom level.

FreakingKoalaMan wrote:Don't worry about trying to get all of the end monument in frame. It's too big anyway and I'll be using a screenshot of it instead.
It would be best if you could give me a zoom level but I'll do my best. 44-47ish should work.

EDIT: is it the top save in each recording? Yes sir.

EDIT2: zoom level 162 (which is what I get when I press X twice) looks pretty good for the bottom of split 3, though I may be able to zoom out a bit more? 162 is fine, but if it looks better go for it.

EDIT3: sent a screenshot of what I think is the two thin pipes I should erase. Nailed it.

EDIT4: Pressing X twice again gets me out to zoom level 130 but I'm pretty sure I can get to 120 or even like 115 without showing anything that is unfinished on the right. Do you want it to zoom out as he goes up the elevator? If you wanted to zoom out while he was below it then I would want to zoom out less. That might actually work better. Let me try it. (also I appreciate the boundary lines in this split Very Happy)

EDIT5: Zooming out to 115 when he first gets to the monument and goes to the right looks awesome so ima plan on that. Also ima plan on slow zooming because it looks nicer and stuff. Sounds good. That's where I wanted you to zoom out lol.

EDIT6: I can zoom out to 43 on the last split before I see unfinished parts of the right side of the lower monument, 50 before I see the oval thing on the left side (avoiding saying what it is because spoilers). Thoughts on what you'd like or should I just choose? 43 works so yeah.

ALso, I'm thinking (re mask splits) I may just record everything and see if things change and if it's noticeable and if it is I can mask those things in?

EDIT7: I think this is the last edit. 160 is probably good for the main zoom level, the white space to the left of the water at the bottom of split 3 gets more noticeable as I zoom out more. If 160 looks good then go for it. I trust your judgement so yeah.

Hopefully this answers everything!

As far as acp recording that's totally cool with me.

Edit: If 1920x1080 looks good then that's cool too for the resolution.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:37 pm

Yup that answers all my questions. Thanks!

acp, let me know if/when you're ready for me to write you up some instructions. Promise this one will be slightly less complicated than the last ones xD
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:50 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:Yup that answers all my questions. Thanks!

acp, let me know if/when you're ready for me to write you up some instructions. Promise this one will be slightly less complicated than the last ones xD
Send them to me Saturday. I'll have plenty of time then to record.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:06 pm

Sweet, I'll send them to you by friday and then you can record on Saturday.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:39 pm

I can record at 1600x900 if you want me too. Not sure how if that messes up any of the zoom levels Rabid gave me or not.
Also, it might be easier if i could get your skype or something koala so I can keep you up-to-date and get you to preview stuff to make sure everything looks how you want it.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:33 pm

1600x900 should be perfect for the zoom levels.

I don't have Skype, unfortunately, but if you want you could send me screenies and/or 10 second clips (though I know this would probably take longer to send than just showing me on Skype) so I can double check so you get everything right the first time and thus save time - orrrr, you could ask Rabid and he might be able to help you on Skype to check everything. I'm pretty sure he knows how everything should look Thumbs Up
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:55 pm

K. I'll just send you private messages with clips to make sure framing and zoom levels are correct and stuff.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:47 pm

cool
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:31 am

If you record 1600x900 youtube treat it as 720p, and I can record 720p no problem. The only real reason I gave it to acp to record is because it would be 1080p. Please record it 1920x1080 or I will just record 720p myself.

Oh wait, I just realized I never actually made the green boxes to denote the zoom levels that worked and I never gave you the zoom level to zoom out to in recording 4. Damn.

Welp, I have no time because drowning in work... I guess I'll have to just let you know when I have time. Or maybe you can figure it out. But recording it 1600x900 is just going to give you 720p resolution on youtube.

Let me know if acp recording it for you works out, if not I can just do it in 720p on my computer.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:01 pm

I'm getting conflicting information. I'll record in 1080p then. I'll just work with Koala to get the zoom levels right so don't worry about it Rabid. I'll send a 1080p framing test to you (Koala) to make sure it looks the way you want it.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:52 am

Okay, well that's the last time I let anyone hijack my shop. ACP, if you want to do recordings for other people I suggest making your own shop thread. I said I could use your help, not that I wanted you to do the entire thing for me.

Wizzy, my intention was to do the masking of the recordings myself, and give you one single recording file. I assumed acp would send me the files but he apparently just sent them straight to you, and you did the best you could and uploaded it. Ah well, now it's released and stuff so it's too late. But let it be known that I had nothing to do with the masking job in the recording.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:44 pm

It was a pain having to leave to two days right in the middle of doing Wizzy's recordings and I couldn't get in contact with you. Well, it's done now though. I would have sent you the recordings Rabid, but you never mentioned it so I just sent them to Wizzy. Everything probably could have gone smoother, but just let me know if you need any help at any point. I'll start my own Recording help tread just to keep things organized so something crazy like this won't happen again.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:11 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Wizzy, you okay if I send this .sol to acp and he does 1080p recordings that I will then master?
i don't mean to interfere but he did mention it
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:13 pm

True, didn't see that before. It's best to just move on though. There's no point on dwelling on it.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Hey Rabid, are you still doing recordings?

.sol file? -- PM
What did you make it in? -- ver 6.7 fp10
Any requests?
Recording 1:  Zoom same as in Type R
Recording 2:  Zoom same as (1), but in color.

Thanks!
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:14 pm

pure5152 wrote:Hey Rabid, are you still doing recordings?

.sol file? -- PM
Any requests?

Thanks!

He still does, and though I know you do your own editing, I also have an editing shop if that suits your fancy Smile
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:16 pm

OTDE wrote:

.sol file? -- PM
Any requests?

Thanks!

He still does, and though I know you do your own editing, I also have an editing shop if that suits your fancy Smile
I'm sure Pure still has his Windows Movie Maker (Vista). 8D
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:29 pm

theacp127 wrote:
OTDE wrote:

.sol file? -- PM
Any requests?

Thanks!

I'm sure Pure still has his Windows Movie Maker (Vista). 8D

Oh You Betch'ya Very Happy
Although I may try to use iMovie, b/c I have custom typography installed on my Mac
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:11 pm

I recommend making use of the 60fps in the recordings I am sending. I think it's possible to get WMM to recognize 60fps but not iMovie. Actually the reason I switched from final cut to premiere is that premiere does 60fps.

also boom, PMed Very Happy
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:37 pm

Shoot rabid, I forgot to mention:

Could you also record the alternate endings for my track?  They're named "Untitled 1", "Untitled 2", ... etc ..., up to "Untitled 5".  

Sorry for the inconvenience :/
Thanks a bunch
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:30 pm

sure thing. I can do it tomorrow. 5 alt endings, same zoom level, no color.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next