We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

lesser-known/random lr information collective thread

+5
Conundrumer
ScrungleBlumpkus
SPL4SHZ0N3
Apple
Chuggers
9 posters

Go down

lesser-known/random lr information collective thread Empty lesser-known/random lr information collective thread

Post by Chuggers Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:07 pm

On the recent topic of techniques, I thought it would be cool to make a collective thread of shared random information/concepts that anyone might be working on.

example:
- bosh spins in fakie at ~75 revolutions per minute, making the airtime sync with songs of the same bpm
- a good method to check your current track's movement from a perspective that isnt one that has seen it 1000 times is to play the track backwards with the frame scrubber

Last edited by Chuggers on Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

lesser-known/random lr information collective thread Empty Re: lesser-known/random lr information collective thread

Post by Apple Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:32 pm

Can we ask questions about random things too? I have a few about iterations and kramual stuff.

As far as random info about stuff, if you're ever needing to animate letters into Line Rider, it's much easier to use the pencil tool and draw dots at all of the points of the letters and then connect them using line snapping instead of trying to draw the full line and then attempt to copy it ~100 times. If you don't move the mouse, the dots will literally be perfect and there won't be any shaking in letters at all. I have been working with this for months and I didn't realise this until two days ago. I will need to go back over all of the lettering to make it this smooth instead of horrible.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

lesser-known/random lr information collective thread Empty Re: lesser-known/random lr information collective thread

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:19 pm

The first line to affect bosh in an All-Y track has to have its top on the left. This means it's most commonly made by moving the mouse from down to up, which happens to be the usual goal for the direction of the track.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:19 am

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:The first line to affect bosh in an All-Y track has to have its top on the left.  This means it's most commonly made by moving the mouse from down to up, which happens to be the usual goal for the direction of the track.

Trippin' me the fuck out with that shit nigga.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:00 am

Apple wrote:if you're ever needing to animate letters into Line Rider, it's much easier to use the pencil tool and draw dots at all of the points of the letters and then connect them using line snapping

omg ty so much for this info
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:56 am

Conundrumer wrote:
Apple wrote:if you're ever needing to animate letters into Line Rider, it's much easier to use the pencil tool and draw dots at all of the points of the letters and then connect them using line snapping

omg ty so much for this info
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:10 pm

bosh has three hands
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:15 pm

Apple wrote:Can we ask questions about random things too? I have a few about iterations and kramual stuff.

As far as random info about stuff, if you're ever needing to animate letters into Line Rider, it's much easier to use the pencil tool and draw dots at all of the points of the letters and then connect them using line snapping instead of trying to draw the full line and then attempt to copy it ~100 times. If you don't move the mouse, the dots will literally be perfect and there won't be any shaking in letters at all. I have been working with this for months and I didn't realise this until two days ago. I will need to go back over all of the lettering to make it this smooth instead of horrible.
Oh cool I used this method in assualt but I drew moving points and connected them with lines and I also did the still lines in the growing tree.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:48 pm

SLAGwells are possible
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:32 pm

Anton wrote:bosh has three hands

To more precise, Bosh's right arm has two "bones"
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down