We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello How Are You - shua

+4
SethComposerGuy
Rafael
OTDE
Apple
8 posters

Go down

Hello How Are You - shua Empty Hello How Are You - shua

Post by Apple Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:03 am

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5tQdMv1SDE
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Hello How Are You - shua Empty Re: Hello How Are You - shua

Post by OTDE Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:14 am

I think I can legitimately say that you are one of a very small group of people who makes me excited every time they release a track. It's always going to be unique, and a treat to watch. This time around was no exception. I love the unexpected recycles and weak-well experimentation.

Please, sir, may I have some more?
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:38 am

+ Cool experimentation with weak gwells
+ Unconventional flow which makes it interesting to watchc
- Sloppy flatsled is becoming a thing lately, meh
- Lots of really sloppy recycling. Don't overdo it

I like your creativity, but I'd love to see your tracks more streamlined. The big picture of your trackmaking is great but I think you'd really take off if you focused more on details Smile
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SethComposerGuy Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:12 pm

I loved the creativity and recycling in this track.

Also, I just don't see how this track looks sloppy. confused
SethComposerGuy
SethComposerGuy
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:52 pm

Dude, I love your tracks. I found myself watching the entire video which is something I rarely do, and I'm really looking forward to your upcoming projects!

My two favorite parts of this track were the circle at the very start, and the head wobble thing at 0:58 (which made me laugh out loud) I was a little sad that neither of those really cool little ideas were revisited or expanded upon elsewhere in the track. I'd love to see your future work be less confined by what I guess you could call the "standard manuquirk aesthetic" Just my two cents.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:08 pm

On one hand, this had some really cool experimentation. I loved the circle concept at the beginning, and right around that start area all of the curves were so smooth and I loved them! Unfortunately due to contrast, it makes all the other curves around the track seem so jagged and hastily thrown in by comparison. That being said, I still genuinely loved the creativity put into your tracks as always, and I hope this doesn't discourage you from making more.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:25 pm

I was waiting for something to happen about the whole and nothing really did, It was very repetitive tbh. I am also not a fan of the inconsistent flatsled. Also the stacked wells are quite unattractive and remind me of old lukking, which I am also not a fan of. Sorry this track didn't really evoke a strong reaction with me. The only reason I am stating my negative opinion is because I am very surprised about the overwhelmingly positive reaction it is receiving. Also I will not respond to any comments on my opinion, other than shua, sorry.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:10 pm

@OTDE wrote:I love the unexpected recycles and weak-well experimentation.
@Rafael wrote:I like your creativity, but I'd love to see your tracks more streamlined.
@SethComposerGuy wrote:I loved the creativity and recycling in this track.
@rabid squirrel wrote:I'd love to see your future work be less confined by what I guess you could call the "standard manuquirk aesthetic." 
@Opal Rider wrote:Unfortunately due to contrast, it makes all the other curves around the track seem so jagged and hastily thrown in by comparison. That being said, I still genuinely loved the creativity put into your tracks as always, and I hope this doesn't discourage you from making more.

Thank you guys for the nice words and constructive criticism. I'm going to try and use what you guys have told me and hopefully make something amazing here in a few months. Look out for it.

@Sheldon wrote:It was very repetitive tbh. I am also not a fan of the inconsistent flatsled. Also the stacked wells are quite unattractive and remind me of old lukking, which I am also not a fan of. Sorry this track didn't really evoke a strong reaction with me.

You don't have to apologize for not liking it, that's your opinion and that's totally fine. I rather like the stacked wells looking like that. It's sloppy and I kind of like sloppy, which is why so many of my manuals are just that. I do have a question for you though. What do you mean by inconsistent flatsled?
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Shua wrote:I do have a question for you though. What do you mean by inconsistent flatsled?
Not sure if this is what sheldon talked about, but this is what came to my mind.
Spoiler:

I've seen this three times or so, and I have to say that this track doesn't appeal to me
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:09 pm

and another quick review. you make the tracks, we make the reviews. Eventually anyway...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7lFoQfNh2k
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down