We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rank Overhaul?

4 posters

Go down

Rank Overhaul? Empty Rank Overhaul?

Post by Slyther Demon Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:17 pm

People have been saying there are to many pointless, unnecessary ranks, so why don't we have a poll and delete some? We would obviously not Put Admin and Mod, and maybe some others in, but there are some (like power) which are unneeded, and if a numerous amount of people want to get rid of them, we could.

This will be of course for the normal Irtl, as we don't have that many ranks here at the moment, but we could still have the poll here, to get rid of some, and get right to work when Irtl is back.

This would be like the other overhauls (LCC, GFX, Smileys) And we would clean it up a bit. Discuss, this is just an idea, don't flame/troll/think I'm a noob because of this.
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Rank Overhaul? Empty Re: Rank Overhaul?

Post by Devray Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:20 pm

I dont think we should have polls to decide the rankings.

It should be the staffs decision on the rank system. Not really the people who are trying to earn the ranks.

And I didnt really see a problem with the ranks, 'cept that there were a few too many powers
Devray
Devray

https://www.youtube.com/devrayy

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:25 pm

I could find reasons to get rid of some, like VIP, if they are that important, they should have another rank.

If you retire, you don't need extra powers, so being Elite, or Gray would be fine.

LCC, from what I've heard don't do collabs together, and that's what they are for, the best making collabs in a group.

Its not a GFX forum, GFX is unneeded.

Just ideas, some valid points.
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Devray Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:47 pm

Traxis wrote:I could find reasons to get rid of some, like VIP, if they are that important, they should have another rank.

Well VIPs all have a reason to be recognized in the IRTL community. Hence why they had VIP on the forum. Could you imagine Unconed being on the IRTL forum and just being a plain member? :P

If you retire, you don't need extra powers, so being Elite, or Gray would be fine.

I dont think they would deserve elite just for retiring. What if they completely leave. And they should get some recognition for being a former staff, so a normal gray might not work. Thats why I think they kept retired staff a rank even though its not real important.

LCC, from what I've heard don't do collabs together, and that's what they are for, the best making collabs in a group.

I cant imagine IRTL without LCC. It gives people something to work for on the forum. Its a fun community too. We may not finish our projects very quickly. But we still do lots of collabs together. I dont know who told you we dont collab. Wink

I used to think this too. But GFX is still needed on the site. Toc and tocc wouldnt be the same without the trophies. GFX riders also help make the site look pretty with pips and userbars. We needed the GFX people to make them. And if someone needs some GFX made for them, they can look for a GFX rider to make it for them. If their werent GFX riders we wouldnt know who to go to.

I replied in fabulous colors. 8D
Devray
Devray

https://www.youtube.com/devrayy

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:52 pm

Grr at you and your fabulous colours. I guess thats right, but still, we could lose a few of our >9000 ranks, there are to many
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:09 pm

The ranks on IRTL will be exactly like the ranks here, with the addition of VIP.

+ Retired Staff may or may not be re-implemented
+ Elite Mod is definitely out
+ Jr. Admin is definitely out
+ Power Rider is definitely out

We will be re-picking elites and VIP, and Line Rider Legends will not change. They will be able to see the Elite Lounge, for the Power Lounge will be gone.
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Rocket Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:42 pm

Traxis wrote:I could find reasons to get rid of some, like VIP, if they are that important, they should have another rank.
VIP are people that are related to TD, or did something significant at some point for TD, so they should stay for TD's sake lol.
Retired is mainly there so people can establish previous staff members. What if LRC came back, deciding to be active again? TD said if he wanted it, he could get admin back, (this was when he left, and I agree with it, LRC was an amazing admin). If he was grey, some of the newer people would be like "WTF, why did he get admin? That is so stupid."
I agree here, LCC seems very pointless when it takes them a full year to release one track, xD.
What Dev said here, GFX is needed. Also, if you think into it, the forum is partly GFX based. Since Line Rider can be linked to Line Art, which essentially is art, Line Rider is partly based on art, or graphic design (GFX). Also, TD is a GFX fan, which is a main reason the rank is there at all.
Replied in BLUE
Lone Rocket
Lone Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Slyther Demon Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:31 pm

Yeah, well, I didn't know that AC, thanks for clearing that up. I guess you can close this now?
Slyther Demon
Slyther Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down