We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Year's End

+3
Orthuss
ScrungleBlumpkus
Getthim
7 posters

Go down

Year's End Empty Year's End

Post by Getthim Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:49 pm

Happy New Years from myself and Miniboyns, we hope you enjoy our collab.

It will get scened, so something to look forwards to in 2015!
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Year's End Empty Re: Year's End

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:50 pm

First!
That was AMAZING
So smooth, so beautiful, so simple and compact yet soothing, neat as hell, so coherent, so exactly the things I love you for making, Getthim and Miniboyns.
This track made my whole year you guys! <3
There was something about this track that was so...confidently unique and conceptually well thought out.
Your quirk is the type of less intense quirk that manual makers would drool over, it's beautiful, and the manuals form such interesting shapes I don't even think I saw one pen0r in the whole track. Smile

It had that old school appeal combined with manuals the makings of which only a god could craft.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:58 pm

Second!
Yeah... first of all, sorry for the bumps in the recording. Still gotta figure that stuff out. Nobody else was around though :P
I really liked this track when I watched it while recording. I'm impressed by your use and reuse of space, and I like how close the stall is to the beginning of the track. The manuals themselves were great too.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by IGLima Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:25 pm

That was nice!
Definitely has that amateur/old-school manual feel going for it.

Positives:
- I liked the smaller scale of the track. It's rare to see manual tracks this small/compact.
- The recycling embedded throughout was great. None of it felt forced or flow-breaking yet it occurs so often - both physically and space-wise
- Didn't expect the little flip at 1:34
- If it wasn't for the green lines/credits, I couldn't tell you who did what. You two melded together well
- The granuals were cute, so rare to see nowadays with all them fancy flings and flanuals and whatnot

Negatives:
- The manuals were, well...amateur haha. I felt like you had trouble getting him to stay balanced/do what you wanted at some points. This gets better with practice - just work on achieving better pressure/speed/shape.
- The small amounts of quirk were also amateur, but again, experience/practice can help not only make them more powerful, but also more practical as you realize when and where quirk is useful
- Song choice didn't really do anything for me. Felt kinda tacked-on.

Overall this was decent. There's plenty of room for improvements in flow, pressure, etc., so keep at it! I look forward to the scened version of this, since a track like this is so uncommon to see in the modern era.
IGLima
IGLima

Featured Video: Silent Flame Scened

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:54 pm

That little flip into the tube was really groovy

Charming little track with some kinda odd music for the feel of it imo, loved the name
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:48 pm

what IGLima said.

Looking forward to seeing this scened Very Happy
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:31 pm

I really like the focus on recycling, and how you guys focused more on direction than most manual tracks do gave this an interesting feel. Even though they weren't pressured or balanced very carefully like has become the norm, it is good because it allows for very interesting shapes and movements. Altogether a great execution of a good concept

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down